FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSingle Parents Vent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 11:39am
I took my son to oz when he was 10 months old. Its hard work espically by yaself. (his name is also Hunter :)).

My sons father has not seen or talked to his son (or me, YAY) for over a year so I decided to go to court and get day 2 day care of my son. And the court requested that we go to councelling to figure this out. what the hell is up with that crap! He doesnt deserve his son in his life he walked away from him. Now I get to wait 3 weeks to see if he will go to counciling and tell them what argangement he wants. And if he does that then we both have to go indivualy to a parenting class on parenting through sepration. I am so pissed off with the court. I do everything for my son. He does nothing. yet they are doing everything towards helping his father. Who the hell is helping me!!!
Sponsored Links

.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 12:44pm
The courts main aim is to protect the rights of the child, not the parent. They see it that the child has the right to know and have a relationship with both parents.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 1:32pm
KAC that sh*ts me so much. Though Bec is right, your soon has 'the right' to free and open access to both parents. I was going to do the same thing - get the parenting order - but figured if i pushed him he might walk in and ask for extra days or whatever just to punish me. So i just stay quiet and hope he stays away.
KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 3:55pm
Bec, I understand the courts aim, but its stupid when his father already choose to not give his son that right. Just wastes my time & govt money on crap.
KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 3:58pm
Oh and it drives me mad to waste time as I dont have any to really spare right now I should be busy working on making a stick figure walk across a screen (my uni work). But I really wanted a paenting order so I can feel safe taking him to places where he might pup into his father, I always have a fear of him taking my son away just to be evil d*ck.
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 7:34pm
We went to the gold coast for a week and had the best time! We got back on his bday at midnight, so if he was that desperate to see his son on his bday he could have seen him then, or the last 3 days but noooooo.

We havent done anything thru the courts (yet) but he really annoys me sometimes. He has taken Hunter for the night and I asked him to be home in the afternoon so we can go to my mid winter work do. He said he will bring him home at 6pm, which I doubt will happen anyway. He is having a bday dinner and will moan that I wouldnt let Hunter stay blah blah blah. Grow up loser!

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 10:51pm
Been there done that KAC. My DD's dad had never cared for her by himself when we split when she was 11 months old. Never given her a bath or fed her or put her to bed. He lived in the house but was not actively involved except for changing the odd nappy. He kept threatening to take her from daycare or not bring her back from visits so I wanted to get the custody sorted so applied for day 2 day care.

The courts helped DD's dad along. They served papers on him which he was supposed to reply to by a certain daye, he didn't and they gave him 3 extentions on the time frame. He got angry in councelling and walked out and demanded a new councellor, they gave him a new one. He couldn't finish the sessions in the required period of time, they gave him an extention. He wanted an extra session to make up for the one he stormed out of, he got it. The court appointed DD a lawyer who helped him find a lawyer to fight me because he apparently deserved to be represented even though he couldnt be bothered finding his own lawyer. We were each supposed to go to the parenting through separation course and he refused to go, they gave him another chance and allowed him an extention to get his certificate for doing the course to court. The whole process dragged on and on and on because he wasn't really interested enough to do what was required but he got so much help through each step. It made me so angry.

I agree that the child's best interests should come first, and that every child has a right to know their father, but I felt that the court system ran around after DD's dad when he wasn't really interested enough to keep the process going himself. I think the problem was he originally decided to fight me to get back at me for leaving him, and then was kind of pushed along the process. When he was ready to come to a compromise it happened really fast (we were booked to go to mediation in court and he decided he wanted to compromise 6 days before, we had the documents drawn up and signed within a week). And he had fought me for shared care (him having Thursday to Sunday every week and me having Monday to Thursday morning) but accepted 2.5 hours on Monday afternoon and 5pm Thursday to 5pm Friday. I don't think he ever really wanted shared care, he just wanted to upset me.
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 1:46pm
I've got day to day care of both kids. Got it without having to do all that other stuff. But the other day after I texted their dad to ask if he had managed to find DS a booster seat for free(he said that he should be able to get one off a friend), he said no and that he wants to come up to see us but he can't afford it. Anyway he then said that we should do a Christmas turn around each year and that since I had DS last xmas then he wants to have him this xmas and for his B/Day in March. I replied that I wanted DS to be there for DD's first xmas. Ex replied that she is not even one yet and won't even remember it. I then told him that it is important for me to have My kids with me on xmas morning. His response was a childish 'don't worry about me then'.

When the kids are older I will let them decide if they want to spend xmas and other holidays with him but at the moment while they are still young I want them to be with me for those important days. Though I will let ex have Cody with him on his B/day if it happens to fall during the school holidays or if he wants to pay to hold DS's place at kindy.
KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 11:53pm
Is such a bogus system now. I dont see rights to be in a childs life I see it as a privilage & should have to be worked for. But apperantly not. So I hope my ex is prepared for a tough battle. (He has decided to fight me on this) Because if he misses any session it will be noted and I will request his rights to be taken away. I am not having him in my sons life just to disapear when he starts relying on him. Hes done it once. I am not forgiving when it comes to my sons life. He is too important to be corrupted by his father.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 5:23pm
My friend's ex went to court to get visitation rights to his son (not my friend's child btw,she had another child with him before he had this boy to another girl ) anyway,he won the visitation rights....and a month later moved overseas,wtf? all that stress and crap for nothing

KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 8:55pm
its pure mind games and minupulation.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:22pm
Overseas trips with children, by yourself, are hard HARD work. I've just got back from 2 weeks in Aussie with both girls and I am exhausted and need a holiday to recover!!!!! We spent a week in QLD and then a week in Sydney. Awesome time, but amazingly exhausting.

As for fathers....the girls dad fought me for full custody...then shared custody....and got status quo (3 days/2 nights a week). Now he's dropped a day of his time after all that, so it was all pointless. At the end of the day, they're the ones missing out. I found the Parenting through Separation course VERY informative - it gives you a lot of methods to deal with questions and curiosities that children might have, and the repercussions that may arise from various incidents that may happen.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 9:13pm
minik8e (or anyone else for that matter) do your girls cry for their Dad? My DD is going through a phase of crying for him all the time and its driving me nuts. I know she misses him but she is going a bit over the top at the moment. Wednesday afternoons in particular have been bad when I pick her up from daycare, partly because on Monday he picks her up, Tuesday she doesn't go and Thursday I pick her up and take her to his house. Every Wednesday when I drop her off I say I am picking you up today and then we are going home and going to do whatever, and then when i pick her up she spends 20 mins to half an hour screaming and crying coz we are going home and she wants to go to his house instead. Today I snapped and told her that I knew she missed her dad but all the screaming and crying was hurting my feelings. And that she could still tell me she missed him but I needed her to accept that she can't always see him when she wants. Not sure if that was the right thing to do or not, I'm just so sick of hearing about him and how she wants to see him instead of me
KAC09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAC09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 11:01pm
Oh Shelt that sucks. Can she call him on days she cant see him? Might be nicer then listening to her talk about your ex.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 11:41pm
No they don't Shelt. They never once asked for him in the 2 weeks we were away, and it will be 3 weeks between him seeing them. They've never asked for him or his parents once. I think it is an indication of the time spent with them though - they may be in his "care" 2-3 days a week (depending what week it is) but he only spends one day of that with them, if they are lucky and he doesn't have work to do on his race car
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 7:14pm
I don't really want to tell him about it KAC09 and he would probably wonder why she was suddenly calling him all the time. We have a review of our parenting order coming up in December and he would probably use something like this as an argument to have the shared care that he wants.

Interesting that your girls didn't ask for him while you were away minik8e. Gabrielle was like that for ages but she has just started getting upset in the last month. In saying that I was thinking about this and I wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that she has just noticed other people live with both their parents? She asked me a couple of weeks ago why her friend Amy lives with her Mummy and her Daddy and her brother, instead of just her Mummy. Up until now she's just accepted everything.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 11:46am
Have you only recently broken up? if so,it sounds like shes confused,two year olds don't see the world as clearly as us,and shes probably wondering why her daddy that was there all the time is suddenly not around so much anymore,perfectly understandable for her age,it will cease as she gets older and starts to understand it better,in the meantime everytime she has a cry about it,let her get it out of her system while you sit and hug her, one thing i've learnt over the past 9 years is that the more you try to get a kid not to do something,the more they will do it,so it will probably help you with your problem,let her get it out of her system and then after that every time she says it just say "yes,I know,im sorry you miss him" and change the topic or distract her....her wanting to be with him doesn't mean she loves you any less,kids tend to have a fairy tale opinion about the absent parent.
My daughter still cries sometimes for her dad,when they moved to Wellington she was a wreck,she writes letters (that she never sends) telling him how much she misses him and will have a cry to me about it.I just hold her till she feels better,thats my job,I could take or leave her dad,but he means a lot to her,so I just shut my mouth and give her cuddles cos thats all I can do

And if hes never really been there,then the only thing I can think is that maybe shes noticing kids at DC with dad's and shes starting to want hers there too,she'll get over that as she grows too,she may revert back to it once she gets to school (my daughter did) but she wont for very long.

Edited by TheKelly

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 7:44pm
No Kelly, we've been apart for nearly 2 years. She was just on 11 months when we split so wouldn't remember us being together. But I think she must have noticed other kids at daycare with their dads, there has been a lot of the kids being dropped off and picked up by their dads recently as the mums of her friends have all had new babies. She has asked where her brother or sister is, and why one of her friends lives in the same house as their brother and daddy instead of just with her mummy. I think she must just be trying to figure it all out. Most of my friends have the traditional two parent and several kid households so she must see all these kids with their siblings and fathers and think why have they got that and I've got me and my mum and the flatmate? Not that she seems upset by it but maybe she is just wondering why she's not like the rest of her friends. It's hard to get inside a two year old's head!

She has been heaps better this week so it must have just been a phase. She hasn't even mentioned him since drop off on Friday.

Edited by Shelt
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 9:14pm
my friend's daughter comes from a single parent household (her mum,my friend has been dead since her daughter was an infant) and when she got to about 2 and a half,she started taking a big interest in mums and wondering why hers wasn't there,so its probably a phase they get when they reach that age,cos they are starting to be more aware of other people etc ...your daycare theory sounds about right.
For what its worth,my friend's girl got over the phase of "why don't I have two parents " and onto "why don't I have brown hair " ....

mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 9:42pm
sorry but I need to vent.
I am just totally over being a single mum at the moment.I am just so sick of everything being a battle day in day out. The only person I can rely on is myself, A's Dad hasnt seen him in 10 months and contributes nothing to him. My parents live 4 hours away. I spend my life working my butt off so I can pay the mortgage. I dont seem to be making any headway at all and A spends all his time in daycare.I'm always knackered at the end of the day and I still have to do dinner and washing get him ready for bed,and when am I actually supposed to enjoy my child? I really wish I could just sell my property and at least that would make living cheaper but I'd have to take a huge financial loss if I did that and I just cant bring myself to do it. I have money invested in my business and because I'm my own boss I cant even get away from work. If I dont work my ass off I'll lose what money I've got invested there too.My business partner just thinks I should suck it up and work harder, thinks I'm just being soft for wanting to spend time with my boy. My customers are super demanding and are pushing me constantly and all they do is complain. I dont feel like i can take time off or even have a sick day as they'll complain even more and it's driving me nuts.
I'm sick of being alone, I try to date but only seem to attract useless losers who think that I am a meal ticket because I have a property and a business. I just wish I has someone to share my life with and it would all be so much more bearable. There just never seems to be any light at the end of the tunnel...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>