FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:21pm
Go MB! Im only planning on weighing myself once a week but my ticker looked sad without any weight lost
Sponsored Links

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:14pm
look at my ticker!!!!! Im down another kg

Im going to be proud of every kg because it all counts
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:01pm
Well I am almost happy with my loss of another 200gms this week, was a hard week, had mum and visitors here, so was making yummy desserts. The end of week I have pulled my head in and gotten back on track. . So some loss is a good loss considering.
Total loss so far 500 gms, coming off slowly , only 9.5 kgs to go.
Have done a total of 49.85 kms on my bike this week, doesnt sound that much, but I live where there are nice good hard working hills . I have really only managed a ride every 2nd day, but thats got to be better than nothing at all!!
Hope everyone else has a good week.
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:03pm
hi girls, well done on the weight losses. If anyone is interested WW have a free 2 week trial for online.
I joined it yesterday & it is really good. You can just cancel at the end of the trial if you don't want to keep it going & it is $29.95 per month (think I remember right).

WW online put the promotion code in 4-16-2401-7717 (copy & past).

good luck

eta to fix link (i hope)

Edited by jazzy
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:29pm
Hi there - I have joined up to WW online for $89.95 for three months and hoping to loose some. I find the online tracking system really good and the calculator functions also great as well. i dont have the time or effort to attend meeting and like the fact I can adjust my own recipes to the new pro points as well. I have been quite good this week - although had fillet of fish from maccies yesterday with no chips - although have dome some exercise throughout the week so will weigh tomorrow to see what loss has been.
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:57pm
Hi guys,

Congrats on the weight loss to you all! Such a good feeling for 2011 isn't it! I have really liked WW online in the past too - I'm a bit like you trouble and don't really do the meetings, but it's low GI for me now.

I've lost 800g this past week with my low GI eating - no processed foods, no caffeine, no chocolate lollies or chips! Thought it might have been more but I can feel my waist change already so not too focused on the 'number'.

I've also just signed up for Curves which I swore I wasn't going to do as I usually don't last long at the gym, but I feel so confident in my ability to stick to my new eating and exercise habits I went for it!! DH and I have just been for a long walk as well.

It's soooo exciting to have motivation and the knowledge I really can do it - whoop whoop

Hope everyone has a good weigh in!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:41pm
Just checking in - how are we all going?

I've lost 1.1kg this week, so the gym and better eating must be working (though I pigged out on a caramel slice today - soooo naughty).

Might have to find a weight loss ticker .....

Have a great weekend!
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Rubyrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubyrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:22pm
Hi tischler,
Weighed myself this morning and was down 1kg so thats 2kgs so far.... mind you didnt help that I had a ginger kiss at lunch today - yummo

Been trying to go for walks most days and get back onto my eating plan and stick to it!! Proving to be a bit of a challenge

Congrats on your 1.1kg loss - woohoo!!!
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:39pm
Just remember to cancel your free 2 week trial with WW online after the two weeks is up, or you will start being charged!

I have just popped in to show off my updated ticker... and to say I am now participating in three rpm/spin classes per week at the local gym I have joined - my dodgy knee is handling it if I wear my knee brace - and boy do my upper thighs and waistline HURT after yesterday's session cause I am finally standing up on the bike when everyone else does, and really going for gold! And very pleased to report I am no where near the largest lady in my group, yet some of the really huge girls are so super fit I can't believe they are still so heavy!

Today I planned to have a day off but I just couldn't do it, I was itching to do more exercise, so went on a wee 5km pedal round the local block with hubby - IN THE POURING RAIN!

Edited by MaeBeeBaby
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:41am
Hello Ladies.

Wow everyone is doing so well. I lost another 100 wee gms this week, total now 600 gms. Not very happy with the slow loss, as I have been watching what I am eating - lots of salads and no biscuits and chocies - loads of fruit etc. Been also riding my bike every 2nd day, 10 - 15 kms.
I had a quick look at WW online, thinking I might just join that not sure what to do. ???
Did my bike race yesterday and I was the 8th lady in and 18 person in my class, 10 km in 45 mins. 1st time I have ever done anything like that - so I am really happy with myself.
Have a good week xxx
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:08am
Hello ladies, can I join in here too please? I'm not currently doing IVF but have done in the past and am on the waiting list.

As the waiting lists are soooo long and we can't afford to pay for a private round at the moment, we are trying naturally with the help of a naturopath and she would like to see me shed some kgs, so hopefully I can join in with you ladies for some inspiration?

Currently on a 3 week detox, hence the 2kg loss already and that finishes next week. I have signed up for the WW online and have to say am finding it very interesting.
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:02pm
Wow RosieFarmer - go you and your exercise - that's awesome to do so well in a race!!

MB the spin sounds scary - I couldn't cope with that. My good news is that the grating sound in my knees is getting better now I'm going to the gym. So that's fab. I'm wondering if a long-term goal may be to fit into 'normal' leather knee high boots (not slouch, not wide leg). Do you think that's achievable or ridiculous?? Not sure if you lose much weight/fat from your legs ..........

Welcome to this forum Scaredy - nice to see you around. We seem to be at a similar place waiting on the funding and losing weight in the meantime.

RosieFarmer I've used WW online before and found it really good, but this time we're trying for no spending on weight loss (apart from gym) so I'm doing the low GI eating - it's good as a option.

This website has info on low GI foods
http://www.nutritionfoundation.org.nz/nutrition-facts/nutrition-a-z/gi-and-gl and a link to a GI index listing all types of food

Keep up spirits guys, we can lose it!
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:22pm
*shyly waves*

5 years of IF, need to lose 27kg and then waitlist for IVF/ICSI. Am down to join the hospital's weight loss program, starts in April... But I aim to lose a few kg before then.

Struggling with the emotional aspect big time at the mo - so many pregnant colleagues, friends & clients. Fighting the onset of depression doesn't help either.

Aaanyway. Hi, and I might semi-lurk just because this forum is new to me, and so are you lovely ladies.

(pardon the brief sentences -phone + RSI = short posts).   
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:00pm
Hi Quieteyes - welcome

The emotions associated with TTC and IVF are unfortunately always there. The forums are great places to vent though - and any comments/questions are welcome! You'll find many of us vehemently expressing frustration about others who get pg easily!!

Are you getting any intervention for depression? I know it's a really tough journey - hang in there. There's a lot of support out there and medications can help too.

Good luck with your weight loss! Every little gram helps ... are you a visual person? Would a ticker be helpful? If you want to pick brains about a way to lose weight just ask us, we've had our ups and downs but hopefully more ups these days
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:22pm
Thanks tischler :) thought I'd killed the thread for a while there!

Not doing anything about the depression at the mo - it's just mild, lurking... Enough to taint things but I am getting by ok. I know all the ins-and-outs of it... Will get help if I need. Right now I just need a break from work and some hotpool time for my hands.

Oh, and while I'm ordering up a good future, 3 babies & a winning lotto ticket would go down well

Will make do with going on leave in 2.5wks, and having a wonderful hubby.

Will start a ticker when I join the program until then it's likely to be my usual up and down and just getting frustrated & embarrassed    Hopefully it'll sloowly creep down in the interim though. Fingers x'd. Can't wait to finally reach the FA target, and waitlist... But then hopefully keep going to a much healthier weight so (god willing) pregnancy will be healthier for me and bubs.
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:50pm
Good luck quieteyes - great to see you're getting a break, hope you get to go somewhere fab. I know what it's like to have a wonderful hubby ... can make the world of difference.

Gosh sorry to have you think you killed the thread - no way!

Enjoy your holidays, rest those arms, and go buy yourself a lotto ticket
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 12:46pm
Hello - another 400gms down! 5.3kgs now (my ticker doesn't seem to update in small increments)

Edited by MaeBeeBaby
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:18am
I have had a few 'treats' this week. I'm grumpy with myself as I don't think I will have had much of a loss. I also have AF which apparently puts on 500g.

On a positive note I do feel my waist is shrinking (not the podgy tummy though) so I guess that's a start ............ will keep you posted later on the weigh in.

Do you think a good workout at the gym could get rid of the bad things I've eaten this week???
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 7:42pm
Hi, well the weigh in went okay. 800g lost Quite surprising really.

My current frustration is that I can't get my ticker to update so I can't show off my loss!!

Anyone got any ideas how to do it? I've changed it under my profile in LilySlim ........................

How's everyone else doing??
wispy_willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:43pm
I've managed to loose between 3 and 4kg over the last 4 weeks by doing the following. Counting kilojoules for any processed food has been crucial I think - once you start looking at the numbers you quickly realise how bad some food is (ie. by bad I mean providing you with lots of "energy" with little nutrients). Example: 1 small tin of tomato soup is around 350kJ, while one bag of Grainwaves, or some chocolate bars is over 1000kJ. Also don't be fooled by the kJ per serving as some foods, like bounty bars, say X amount of kJ per serving but they count one bounty bar consisting of 2 mini bars as 2 servings, and lets be honest - who ever eats just one of the mini bars?

I've also been looking at the nutritional content in terms of protein, fat and carbs - high protein is good, fat and carbs are obviously important but in a lower proportion.

And the final 2 important things - if you need a treat, have one, just don't make it regular, and try and do at least a 20min walk per day (or two 10 min walks). IVF is hard and I think a treat now and again is warranted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>