FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:59am
Well done on the loss Tischler, thats great going! And you too MaebeeBaby and Wispy willow!

My weigh in is on Sunday evening so hopefully I have had a good week, its so hard to tell!! My detox finishes this weekend too so I am really hoping I carry on with the healthy eating and not revert back to old bad habits.

I have been doing lots more walking though. I do find I get a bit bored walking the same places all the time, what sort of excerise do you other ladies do and how do you keep it interesting?
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Sponsored Links

rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 12:24pm
Well done everyone . Good going.

My weigh day is tomorrow, not really looking forward to it, have had a busy week coming and going, and had a chicken burger and some chips for tea last night followed with a couple of cruisers (which I dont usually touch ), havent been on my bike at all all week, but have managed a good walk but only one this week.

Hopefully the house work I am doing today helps - days plans were cancelled due to wet cold weather. Lots of energy can be used when doing stuff you avoid (yucky old house work)..

Edited by rosiefarmer
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
wispy_willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 1:41pm
Hey Scaredy Cat,

For varying exercise I've got the following:
1. go for a walk on your own somewhere different, eg at the beach or in the bush, even if you have to drive there first - prob best for weekend variation!
2. if you have a Wii like I do, then I quite enjoy the YourShape programme - you can do either 80s style aerobics (not as bad as it sounds and it tells you approx how many calories you've burned doing it, and you can do a 15min, 30min, 45min etc workout). It also has a yoga programme which is quite enjoyable too.
3. join a yoga or pilates class
4. sitting infront of the telly I sometimes try and do X amount of situps/leg raises/leg kicks/pushups etc
5. walking the dog if you have one
6. I've also tried hulahooping - sounds ridiculous but even if you can't do it round your waist, it definitely gives your arms a good workout doing it around your arm!
7. I've recently taken my skipping rope to work, and occasionally try to do 100 skips

I do think every bit helps ... and the doc said that even a little bit of weight loss will help, so I'm hoping 2nd time round I'll actually get past the injection phase before being told it'snot working!

PS. I've gone from a BMI of 26.3 now down to 25.15, so hopefully that will help ...
Calculator is here if anyone else is interested:
http://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/boosting-your-fertility/bmi-calculator.aspx
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 4:51pm
RPM/spin classes - burns 800 calories per class if you get to the point of dripping sweat and not being able to talk! (yup, that's me!).
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 6:46pm
All the exercise sounds good. I try and do 1-3 pilates/yoga classes per week (3 total). I also try and do 3 sessions of cardio. My DH has large boxing pads that I box against. I also have pilates badn that I use for my flabby arms while I am sitting on couch watching tennis (esp at moment). I also have an allover body vibrator which you stand on and vibrates you - used it couple of times last week and feel the workout. My thing is vary the exercise even going for walk with DH is nice gives you opportunity to talk about things and get exercise at the same time.

I have lost about 2kg overall which I am okay with. Every little bit helps.
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:19pm
Hi there TTC since 2006. Lost some weight prior to my first ever IVF cycle started mid Jan 2011. Was 88kg and now 80.5kg with goal of 73kg. I am happy with loss BUT...........................

On buserelin and gonal F and vogels and his buddy peanut butter and I became best friends again with me today! Scales are creeping upwards so I find myself here. I fear I will lose the battle, HELP!

I am here to encourage, cheerlead, whinge and support and get advice.   No its not simple or easy I so agree and emotional and food overeater are my middle names to today!

I am going to tolerate this weight gain for my mental health sake, but once the pick and transfer hopefully are done I will need some buddies to start with me if your keen.

Its free, it accessible online, its healthy and it did work to boost my metabolism. Its realistic. It cater for all shapes and sizes and abilities. .

See web site below
http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/womens-health/fitness/workouts/article/-/5934440/deadline-diet-get-fit-before-the-holidays/

Let me know if your keen. PS the 10 almonds for morning tea only killed my friend and I for the first week and the we thrived on them.    Seeing a physio and podiatrist also helped my knee pain and increased my exercise ability.
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 10:51am
Thanks ladies for all the ideas, I have been driving to a spot in our local town and doing a board walk a couple of times of week but I am now finding I need something different.

We have a lovely bush walk at the end of our road and the beach not so far away, so I think I will try that out and I have a couple of dogs so I can take them with me there, I can't take them in town as they are major pain in the butts when it comes to being on a lead!

I like the idea of yoga and pilates too, unfort we live rural and our local town doesn't have classes and the next closest is approx 40 mins away, anyone know of a good book or video that gives instructions etc for either of these?

Wow MaebeeBaby, that sounds really hard out, are you doing that at a gym? I think my lungs would get up and walk out if I did something like that to them!

Good luck MAC45 with this round of IVF!

Weigh in tonight, have had a couple of outings this week, but hopefully still have had a loss.
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 11:16am
Hi ladies, would love to join you in here.

We won't be doing ivf again, but still want to increase my chances of conceiving by losing some weight, even if the chances are really low.

I have so far lost 5.6kg. It keeps going up and down at the moment and I'm determined to make it to the 10kg mark.

MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:14pm
Hi there Kasper and ScardyKat and everyone.

I find pilates and yoga really difficult. I have always said I would go when I got to ideal weight but need to do the cardio walking/swimming/running until then. What do peole think.   Whats best?

Scales show minor improvement today and I think its because I finally got 8 hrs non interrupted sleep with hot flushes or nightmares. Drinking plenty of walter and went for a Walk around Hagley Park for an hour yesterday - perhaps it was an exhaustion sleep lol.

We can do this.

MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 10:31pm
Okay I will vent again why not. off for blood and first scan of ovaries tomorrow. Darling DH got ona real health kick with IVf coming up and has lost 7kg since August. I slightly bet him on that one but ahd more to lose.

Today he looks hot, and trim he has started running lately and the kg have flown off. I was the one who ran, and loved it not him. He told me he couldn't run becuase it hurt his knees. I look podgy and bloated today and consequentlly am a bit flat.   Just venting.....................

These hormones are not helping me, I have however been really bad this week so far with eating raspberry slice x2 pieces and a bag of jet planes, I know a bag. Have managed to wean myself off salt and vinegar chips. (in my dreams -love em, just avoid the chip aisle.

Gonna get the scale thing up and start the diet deadline again from week 4 any takers????

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 7:56pm
Sorry guys, have been busy and didn't get around to advising my weight loss - another 700g for me, so down 3.3 as my ticker shows. Feeling really good about it, but know I need to stick at it.

I need to get better with my lunches again, the last two weeks have been a bit dicey, hopefully now work is settled in again it'll be fine.

Hope everyone else is doing well, Mac35 I'm going to continue doing things my way, but hope someone else takes you up on the offer - I'll be really interested to see how it goes.

BTW I used to LOVE SnV chips too - OMG, haven't thought about them in ages though!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:45am
Well Done Tischler no worries whateva works

I have lost 300 grams this week.

Go everyone!

TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 11:03am
Hello ladies

Hasnt been a very good last 2 weeks for me, put on 200 gms. No excuses really just been a bit lazy (emotional too), weather hasnt been too good for bike riding and been busy here and there. Decided to get tough on myself as I am the only one that can!!. Went for a good ride last night - plan to go for another one tonight, if weather holds out. Doing Surf to City on Sunday 12 kms. Looking forward to that.

Been feeling really emotional lately too, had my BF's nearly 2 yr old twins over the weekend, (its always hard when she picks them up). Should be used to it though, I have been looking after them on and off since they were 6 months old!.

My 17 yr old DS has moved out of his dads and is on his own in the big wide world of Dunedin - so feeling a bit sad about that too. (Didnt even ask me if I wanted to to and see where he was living) .

Also some family dramas going on up north (feel kind of helpless way down here - nothing I can do to help).
Ohhh and for some reason feels like my time is running out, I will be 40 in 10 months. The count down to having a baby this year is nearly over.

Sometimes just dont know how to deal with all these different emotions!!! just try to keep busy.
Hope everyone has a good week.

Edited by rosiefarmer
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 4:39pm
Hey Rosie

Good on you for getting back on the horse, its only 200 grams babe. I have had weeks of naughty and gain 2 kgs. Emotional eater +++. I have beaten a few addictions over the years and eating is the hardest.

Sounds like a week of hell, thanks for sharing all that going on.

P.S I have become forum stalker.

TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 6:58pm
Hey Mac thanks. Yes I dont know how people can stop eating when they are stressed or upset, I am totally opposite.

Was going to post and say sorry for the rant - but I did feel better after writing all that. Feeling even better now - just been for a good ride on my bike 13.28 km's gravel road and hills got home 1.04.06 mins.

Way to go tischler on your loss , you are doing so well.

Welcome Kazper - love the pic of you wee one. So cute.

MayBeeBaby & ScaredyCat - how are you doing?? And anyone else I have missed.

feel fresh after bike ride and nice long shower - dinner with my lovely DH and bit of telly watching.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:12pm
Im doing hopeless! lost 2.5kg within about 2 weeks of start but have now put 1.5kg back on!

Joined the gym so going to try to go most days- only started yesterday but i can tell its going to be hard
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:12pm
Edit- double post!

Edited by _Waiting_

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 6:20pm
ohh waiting - dont you hate that good loss then gains. Gym should help.

I have had a much better day today - my vent yesterday must of helped.

Went for a 3.4 km walk today, was supposed to go with my neighbour, got to her place and she cancelled on me as it was raining, i was already wet so just carried on. . Hopefully weather better tomorrow, want to keep the bike riding going. xx
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 7:55pm
Thanks for the positive comments gals - wish I could have had them in my mind when I was eating a small bag of chips today - so angry with myself! I've snuck a few licorise alsorts lately too.

And of course I had to sneak a peek on the scales (even though it's not Friday) and I have put on 100g - so need to get my sh*t together and BEHAVE!

Rosie - great that the vent helped. My gym instructor says that when increasing exercise you can actually put weight on (may have said this before) ... doesn't help for BMI's does it?! Anyway, so go with the clothes and how they feel rather than the scales.

See, am I practicing what I preach?! NOT!

Hi Kazpa, Scaredycat and Maebeebaby - how you all doing?

Have a good night everyone
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2011 at 7:57pm
Well I guess a loss is a loss is a loss eh? 300g this week it really is a lesson to me that I can't even give in to temptation if I am expecting to lose weight. I'm happy to have the odd treat but have to realise that this is the consequence.

I'm still really happy going to the gym - this is amazing for me as I usually go for a couple of weeks hard out and then find every excuse. 4 x a week for 4 x weeks so far (ha just realised that's the duration of therapy I do with some of my clients!).

DH is losing weight with me and it keeps dropping off him 500-600+ per week and he's still having the odd treat - grr, men eh. Why can't he have PCOS

We've just started talking about the possibility of funding another private attempt, there's ways and means for everything ... just got to really think whether we will be happy to put another whole lot of $ into a 'chance'.

But a chance is a chance is a chance right? Have a good weekend girls!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>