FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:00pm
BTW I've just adjusted my weight loss ticker (you'll see it tomorrow as takes a while to update). I decided to put in my biggest weight (September 2010) as whilst I haven't been 'dedicated' to weight loss until this year I was losing. It also is a bit of a warm fuzzy for me today! Hope you don't think I'm cheating
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Sponsored Links

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:31am
Im so happy im down 5kg! I weighed myself last night and even had to reweigh myself this morning just to check I have been working so hard for it but my mini goal is to lose another kg by the end of march
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 9:36am
Great work Waiting! That's awesome!
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 8:57am
Hey Tichler and Waiting

Congrats on your weight loss, be proud of yourselves, I am$.   I like the change to your ticker Tisch - it gives you a boost seeing what you have lost. We similar in out start weight and goal, around 18kg in total. I

I feel a bit like a rock in a hard place at the moment, trying to rest, trying not to eat emotinally, trying to eat the right foods, feeling guilty when I don't not for me but for potential baby. STARVING after a good sized meal.   I am hooked on V8 as a drink because I was a huge caffiene drinker prior to IVF starting. But its got way too much salt, but I like it. I sure V* would be okay if I execising as I usually do - oosing salt.

Not sure what exercise options are post transfer. I would think that you coud do your same routine but what do you gals think? We rest today and then maybe look at doing kick class Wednesday. We also talk to FS and report back.

1 more hour to WAIT.

TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 8:58am
PS How you going RosieFarmer?
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

wispy_willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 10:04am
@ _Waiting_: how have you managed to loose 5kg, if you don't mind me asking? I thought I'd done really well with losing 3kg but can't seem to get any further, and I also seem to be slipping back into bad habits like the occasional chocolate "pick me up" which I know isn't good.

I'm also back on the cans of V which I know is terrible, and I'm trying to cut back but that's also super hard as I'm so used to the energy boost. I switched to sugar-free which def helps, but it's still laced with caffeine and other bad chemicals (speaking of which did you all see the recent news article about fructose being bad for pregnancy?? This includes apples and fruit juice!).
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 8:42am
Hello Ladies,

I didnt weigh in this week, my scales need new batteries. Was feeling really good, have biked 50 km on bike this week . ATM I have got really sore (.)(.) and am really tired, its about day 24 of my cycle. Not sure whats going on. Hasnt helped that 17yr DS is keeping me awake worrying about him either.
Been busy lately - and got a busy day today, will be sitting a on tractor going topping all day, getting up at 5 am every morning isnt good for you when you have a bad nights sleep, just hope I dont fall asleep driving tractor today.
Way to go everyone that had loses.
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 5:57pm
Nice to see you RosieFarmer - good work on the bike riding!

Try not to worry about DS - is he in Dunners for study? I know what it's like (hehehe) he should be fine if that's the case. Hang in there!
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 7:59pm
Just wanted to clarify I am hooked on V8 vegetable juice. Not the V drinks, they are just plain bad! No offence wispy willow.
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 9:05am
Thanks Tischler - its just so hard not to worry. , I had a good nights sleep lastnight, probably cause I was so tired. But not feeling as tired to day. Off to top 2 more paddocks today, not getting any time to ride my bike at the moment, farm work comes 1st at the mo. Poor DH busy with builder - so someone (ME) had to do the real farm work.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:05pm
Hi girls, just touching base. Weigh day today and another loss - 500g this time

I also had weigh and measure day at the gym ....... do do-do do ........ it actually went really well! Not liking the 5cm off the bust, but an average of 3cm abdo, waist, hips is not bad. Their whizzbang computer worked out I've lost 2.2% of body fat - which = 3.65kg so I have to say I'm pretty happy on the month overall!

I just have to keep it up! How's everyone else going??
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 10:03am
Hello ladies, I've been lurking but not posting much as have had MIL staying and watching my every move!

Well done to all you ladies with losses recently, keep up the good work!

I've managed small losses over the last couple of weeks, but has really buttoned off now which is a bit frustrating, still eating really well and excerising when I can.

Doesn't help DP is trying to put on weight as he lost a lot a wee while ago with a bad case of cold sores in the mouth and couldn't eat for over a week!

Oh well, a loss is a loss, even if not as much as would like to see.

Hear you on the bust loss Tischler, thats the one place I was hoping not to loose from and its the first to go, not fair!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Edited by ScaredyCat
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 10:13pm
Hey all - I have been a bit slack on the weight loss front. Over past 4 weeks have lost 3.1kg which I suppose is good. I went to the gym twice last week and will aim to get there most nights this week. I make my own muesli and try to have reasonably healthy lunch - normally sushi or salad. My let down is DH often has chocolate, salt and vinegar chips or other nasties floating around the house. I have been into abes bagel crisps lately in aussie - funny they import them dont make their own which I snack on when hungry. I emrolled with W online and that has been good looking at the propoints value as well. Good luck to others on the weight loss front.

I have worked out I need to loose another 10 kg to get to 65kg which for me is goal weight and would like to get here before we prob need to do stim cycle in may/june if next FET isnt successful.
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:18am
Also good thing on the WW Propoints is that most of fruit and vegies are no points.
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem
FET April 2011 M/C 7 weeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 9:16am
Well done Tischler an Trouble

I have had a good couple of weeks which suprized me. I lost 1.1 kg, didnt weigh last week as scale batteries were flat so got a nice surprize this morning. Didnt manage to get on my bike this week, but was busy on farm .

Had a lovely day in Dunedin yesterday with my DS - took him shopping and to Nitro Circus. Home at 11 pm, and up again this morning at 5 am to milk cows. Have got another busy day ahead of us, supposed to be going to DH great nephews 1st birthday party - so looking forward to seeing all the little kids .

AF arrived this morning and think I am supposed to start taking pill but cant talk to nurses till tomorrow, so have to wait till then. For some reason I was hoping that it wouldnt come as I have been feeling really sick/tired and sore (.)(.)'s, but should of known better really.

TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 3:40pm
Glad you had a good day with your DS RosieFarmer - must be good to know he's okay

Well done on the weight loss (and you too Trouble) - I think sometimes it's nice when things get in the way of checking (like flat batteries!). I'm a terrible cheat midway through the week which doesn't help me at all!

Have a good week!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 1:03pm
Hehe, Tischler I really do try not to cheat during the week, as I get annoyed if it looks like I am doing well, and then crash on weigh day .

Was sure nice to see DS. Birthday party yesterday was good too, we were early and got away before all the wee kids arrived (well planned I say).

I start the pill today - and start my 1st drug on the 28th March eeekkk......The time has finally come.

Will have to head up to Dunedin again to pick up my bag off goodies etc - good excuse to pop in on DS
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:01pm
Sorry guys, have been AWOL from here on the whole. Since the earthquake I've been either eating bad food or hardly anything!!

This week I have had to fall back on caffeine to get me through (taking 1.5-2 hours drive each way to work), but since it's been hot I've resorted to "V". Ahhhhhhhh

Didn't get to weigh myself last week so will see what this Friday brings. Only just got back to the gym today from last Monday .....

However, I have to say that I am soooo lucky. I was at work in ChCh but my desk held up for me and all my friends and family are okay. The long drive is nothing in the grander scheme of things, just feel so blessed and my thoughts are with everyone who has suffered and lost loved ones or homes.

How's everyone else going??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:51pm
Hey Tischler pleased that you and your family are all safe. Such an awful thing mother nature just doesnt treat us all too nicely sometimes.
I too didnt weigh myself this week, we had a lovely weekend away. So will have to see what sunday this week also brings me .
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 4:18pm
Hi all, just touching base. Weighed in before .... lost 900g in the last 2 weeks, so very pleased considering all the cr*p I've been consuming, or lack of good food, or lack of gym.

Going to have a lovely weekend with just DH and me (step-kids with their Mum) so hoping for some nice relaxation.

Will get better on track next week.

Hope the rest of your weigh-in's go well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>