FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 2:30pm
Rosie: doing the optifast program through the hospital. They engage you in a 2 year program with regular group and 1:1 sessions, and really help you suss out why weight has gotten out of control. Overseen by diabetes docs, and the consultant who met me was thrilled I was starting the program before I experienced complications from my weight.

Thanks for the well-wishes! The op went well, but the in-op dye/xray showed another problem, so another procedure in 2-3 weeks they reckon. Very tired and sore today.
Sponsored Links

rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 6:24pm
Sounds a good plan Quieteyes .
Sorry to hear that they found another problem, but at least they can fix it hopefully. Been there done that with lap dye procedures, more than once. Take care and rest.....
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 5:21pm
OMG girls - I just have to share - I'm just soooooo excited and I have no one else to tell!

I have just put on a pair of black leather knee high boots WHICH GO AROUND MY CALVES! Wahhoooo

I was very nervous as I bought them online from a place in the States but they fit like a glove! Never in my life have I found black leather boots to do this - it is the most exciting amazing experience EVER!

{jumps around and around the house in boots}

Sorry, totally unrelated to weight loss but hey - I know some of you have been with me on the disappointing boot shopping thing.

Take care!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:16pm
Hey Tischler, thats fantastic!! Its the little things like that that make all the difference! Bet they look fabulous too! Well done!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 9:02pm
Ohhh Tischler how fantastic!!!! I have always wanted a nice pair of knee-high boots, but have thick calves. Congrats for that milestone!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:27am
Wahoo way to go Tischler thats great . Wear them with a smile
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 7:10pm
Thanks guys - just looking for a fab dress to go with them (NEVER wear dresses). Wanna show off and enjoy my new bod.

The chinese herbal medicines and acupuncture have been good for me this week - 1kg down yay finally getting back on track.

How's everyone else doing? Have a great weekend. I'm trying to talk DH into taking me shopping for a dress tomorrow followed by dinner out!

Take care
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:09pm
2kg down here, but 1kg of that was swelling from the surgery. Had a rough day today, grumpy and shoulda had a sleep (still nackered from anaesthetic), but didnt manage it. Pain unfortunately is increasing :(   No way in hell am I gonna be back at work on monday. Thank goodness the med cert is for longer!

Black home-grown grapes are my secret pleasure    Thanks to the MIL for being my dealer *cough* grower-supplier
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 9:23pm
Hey Rosie Farmer, Tischler, Quiet Eyes scarycat, trouble.

Tishler I so am excited that you got excited and totally understand, my mother the most beautiful women in the world BTW and like a best friend was not blessed with slim calves but can shop up a storm and over the years and our shopping trips she has always got upset with gorgeous boots not fitting. So rock on, celebrate this awesome moment.

Well done for everyone courage and determination and weight loss lately

I have had a naughty week using 'week before AF" as excuse and now it hasn't come grrgh. Additionally DH has been a little to pointed with his comments which ahs made me rebel, I know he means well. Well what can I say which is honest, I have been bad and loved it. I just needed to be bad to feel normal instead of this person controlled. Does that make sense?

DO NOT READ THIS IF IN CHRISTCHURCH AND HAVE NO WILL POWER. This will help anyone here with as low will power as mine right now but the Raspberry slice and Chai Lattes at Taste 20 in Christchurch Rock. God I hope this does not identify me to my local cafe owners.

Back into it on Monday - kick class and imaginary people lights about to be knocked out. Leaving wallet at home. That will sort the will power.

TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 9:37am
Way to go Tischler awesome loss - good luck with the dress buying. My DH doesnt mind going clothes shopping with me, but he also knows when I have had enough LOL and thats usually before I manage to actually buy something.

Way to go Quieteyes also - awesome loss for you , just make sure you rest this weekend and dont over do it, I am a bugger for trying to do too much after surgery - think I am feeling ok but at the end of the day (Not usually) set me back nearly 6 weeks once (I did some major pruning in the garden) can just say dr wasnt impressed when DH took me back.

Mac - we all have bad weeks, at least you got AF to point the finger at. LOL.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I have been good this week and walked nearly every day so feeling pretty good. Hairdresser also reckoned I had lost heaps of weight since I have seen her last (about 3 months ago) so that was a major for me - when someone notices.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 9:09am
Hey all

Hope everyone is doing well on the weight loss front. I lost another 700g this week which I was pleased about. I am determiend to be at the gym most nights this week. I make a big batch of healthy pumpkin soup in the weekend pretty much low points so take that for lunch most days with no bread which seems to fill me up.

Have 10kg to go to be at the top of the healthy range for WW so I am determined to lose that in the next 3 months or so. I notice I have changed my eating habits and portion sizes and am better in relation to food choices that I put into my mouth.

Have a good day all.
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem
FET April 2011 M/C 7 weeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 12:32pm
Hey trouble - ditto I made yummy pumpkin soup this weekend. Nice and filling. Way to go on your loss you doing awesome.

Weigh day for me tomorrow - not holding much hope feeling real bloated - been drinking lots of water, have been doing my injections for a week now. . On a good note, I have been for walks most days so am feeling good reasonably relaxed, certainly helping with my sleep ins.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 9:18pm
Another 1.5kg lost blimmin heck! Considering my very limited activity right now that has shocked the hell out of me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:46am
Awesome Quieteyes - thats really great. Well done you.
How are you feeling now??

Weigh day for me today. Not feeling too positive though.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:34pm
Rosie: feeling much better thanks! Still getting pain every time I eat or drink... But that is encouraging me to not snack and keep serving sizes small. It's pain when I sleep that is driving me bananas. Just had my 1/52 checkup with my GP and he said all looks well and I can now shower perfect timing, as just had some lovely smellies arrive in the post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 2:20pm
Thats good Quieteyes pleased you are feeling better.

Weigh day for me, was much better than I anticpated. Lost 700gms, so total loss 3.7kg. Pretty pleased with myself.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 2:58pm
Fantastic work Quieteyes and Rosiefarmer - wahooo! Good to see you're both getting positive's at the mo too. I bet showering again was AMAZING quieteyes! Rosie - yay for Charlie being all clear

Also trouble - well done to you too!

We're all doing so good - we deserve a treat or two (massage, facial, NOT junk food).

Mac35 - thanks for your thoughts re: boots. I know there's probably a lot of people out there that understand, but it really feels like you're the only one in the world when you get disappointment after disappointment at the shoe shop.

My willpower has also gone skew-if at the mo Mac35 - gosh it's hard isn't it! I think I'm also waiting for AF so eating like it's the week before (Day 44 for me). Have just done a BT though so hope to find out what's going on and when I can get into things.

Have a good week girls
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 6:48pm
Rosie: well done!!!!

Tischler: ohhh so good to shower! I am allergic to waterproof dressings (opsite), so had normal soft ones that couldnt get wet. Washing hair over the sink and spongebaths still leave ya feeling a bit manky. I feel soooooo good having showered, and smell nummy again
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 8:32pm
200g down - oh well a loss is a loss! So prepared for it to be a gain so I guess that's good.

Please send me motivation to get back on track this week. I've been out doing home visits for work so instead of preparing good food and eating it on the run, I've popped in to the dairy

Have a good weekend girls

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 9:03am
HI Tischler - yay you are right a loss is a loss. Would it be because your AF is on the way?? not much of a loss. I often find the weeke before I dont seem to lose weight.

Try and prepare food before you leave home - my big suggestion for the week.

I often take a couple of apple with me if I am not going to be home for lunch, cuts my hunger in half, and lots of water.

Have a good week. xx
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>