FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 10:37am
Hey all - another 800g down which is good for me. Only managed to get to the gym twice. I agree reward yourself with something other than junk food. I also agree with preparing food before you leave home and have snacks at work that you know the kj content of so you dont end up going to the snack machine. I always have rice crackers, rice cakes, tuna, cottage cheese, smoked salmon and ryvita crackers at work and or in fridge. makes more low kj lunch options when you are too busy to go and get anything.

Have a good day all.
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem
FET April 2011 M/C 7 weeks
Sponsored Links

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 5:35pm
Awesome work trouble and thanks so much for the tips re: lunches - I've been good twice this week, better than none.

I did lose 900g this week though, so that is fab. I'm soooo happy I've just gone under a pretty big milestone for me, so never to go back!

Day 1 also, so things progressing nicely in the right direction

Feeling good all round for me. Hope you're all well, take care
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 8:20am
Way to go Tischler awesome loss.

I didnt go to weigh in this week, had had enough of travelling, have been up to Dunedin 4 times since last friday.

When they weighed my EC day I had had a loss, so was feeling pretty good, but wont count that.

When I signed up to WW they said that they didnt like us doing WW when were were pregnant, so not sure what to do there, but I also feel as long as I am watching what I eat it will be ok, besides I know where I F up IYKWIM.

Yay for day 1. Good luck. xx
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 1:35pm
Thanks Rosie - yeah I knew WW wasn't keen on running with the programme when pg, I think while your PUPO you should be fine, watching what you eat is good.

I was just thinking the other day how impressed I am that you kept losing weight while on the drugs that's soooo impressive.

Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 1:46pm
Thanks Tischler - I was making an extra point of walking. I would like to lose at least 3 - 5 more kgs.

I know when you are pg you are likely to put on up to 15kg. That scares me. Ekkk

Sounds like you have had a lovely day so far. I got conned into going for a drive with DH to pick up some pigs so had to take my p j's off. .
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 5:30pm
Tischler, Rosie and trouble you are all doing so well.

I yo yo ing. Not loosing weight because exercise and stuffing my face but not putting any on. Ran 25 kms last week and did three classes. I can see it in my shape but not the scales. not looking forward to walking versus running from this week onwards. Suzanne has said I should stop. Gonna struggle but am going to make the time for that extra time it takes. .
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:14pm
Rosie & tischler: you are doing brilliantly!! And omg losing weight while doing a cycle - my hat is off to you!

Managed to lose 4kg since my op 3 weeks ago, but thursday my mood dropped and I ended up bailing out of attending a friend's baby shower. I just couldn't cope with the thought of all the happy baby-ness of it. Lost it when shopping for the gift, ended up going home and just bawling... And then comfort eating so now am up a bit    

I have the intro session for my program tomorrow, and officially go onto the food substitute in 3 weeks.   Very much looking forward to it!

Planning a trip to canada in 2 months... Want to be smaller for that flight, and so hope to have some good losses in the first month of the program. Hope to keep losing in the meantime too.
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:11pm
I too am the same - have noticed differences but not necess as much on the scales. Around 81.8 - 82 at the mo. Hoping to keep on loosing for the next couple of weeks. Did yoga last week as well as some cardio/weights etc. My acupunct said if my body is feeling tired just to take it easy at the gym - hoping to have FET in next week or so so will listen to her sound advice and take on board. My eating is pretty healthy just need to get portion sizes under control. have a good week all.
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 3:37pm
Hello ladies, evryone seems to be doing great. Well done everyone.

I went to weigh in today - wasnt going too, as I havent been doing much exercise AT ALL. Pleased I did though

lost 500gm in 2 weeks (missed weigh in last week), so total loss 4.2kg, I am stoked slow but steady

I am not sleeping too well at moment, going to bed and getting to sleep ok, but wake up about 3am and cant seem to get back to sleep - my highlight of lieing in bed is listening to DH sleep so cute , cant get up and do anything he will hear me and worry about me.   
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
Quieteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quieteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 5:19am
I hear you on the insomnia Rosie! Thank goodness for pre-recorded tv at 4am!
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 9:51am
Scales terrible have updated ticker. I have just been so hungry and so tired. I have not eaten too much bad food, but quantity out of control, Have not exercised for a week so up the scales go. I am trying to just relax and in fact I am relaxed about weigh gain also.

A girl cannot do everything and I have done many other things this week which I am proud of. Need to just lay off the carbs. Back to the drawing board. Healthy snack choices and ensuring I am not just craving or dehydrated versus hungry. Need to drink more water too. Happy emotional eating lately..................

GO girls go! Cheerleading as always and often the biggest offender - lol. Well done Rosie with weight loss, inspirational and you too Tisch. Quiet eyes good luck with your program, i so know emotional eating.

It is sure is a hard balance, for me slim and happy but the stress it causes to get there and maintain it??? Overweight, not happy?? What do others think.

TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:22pm
I have been a bit naughty the last week or so and have had things on so havent been to weigh in. Think have lost 1kg over last 2.5 weeks so not too bad at least the scales are going in the right direction. As they said at WW the other day this is a gradual journey so is okay to have small losses. Have a good easter all and not too much chocolate ... yeah right ..
Me 35 DH 40
IVF ISCI Nov BFN
FET Jan 2011 Chem
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 5:45pm
Hi girls,

Touching base as I weighed in yesterday. 400g down, so still tracking well. Must update my ticker. Next week will be the telling weigh in I guess as I have eaten a lindt bunny over the last two days oh well, was very nice!!

Hope everyone's Easter is going well x
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 6:25pm
Wow, you girls are doing so well, esp the ones in the middle of IVF cycles, I am so impressed, well done.

I haven't weighed myself for long time now as DP took scales to workshop and they are yet to come back!! I been doing plenty of excerise with hired bike and quite enjoying it now. Eating well has been a bit hit and miss but on the whole not too bad!

Day 1 for me today for 2nd round, so not sure how well the eating and excerise will be over next few weeks

Hope you all enjoy your Easter (and eggs too!)

Edited by ScaredyCat
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 10:37am
Yay for day 1 ScaredyCat - I'm day 9 starting burserelin on the 29th April! I have no idea how I'll go either - hopefully we can take after Rosiefarmer - she's been AMAZING right through the cycle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 12:17pm
Thanks Tischler - think I have fallen off this week though - will just have to wait and see, I wont be weighing in on Tuesday, as I have to go to town on Weds for BT, so will be another 2 week gap.

You are doing so well. I have managed not to eat my easter egg yet, but SIL makes yummy deserts , couldnt resist lastnight.

Yay for day 1 Scaredy x
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 5:50pm
Just wanted to send lots of good luck vibes to Rosiefarmer for your BT tomorrow!

Yah Tischler for starting Buserelin soon, feels like things really getting started. Hopefully I won't be too far behind you!

Hey to everyone else!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 9:40pm
Hi all down 400 grams today. Its a start. Back to normal Monday to Friday working week for five weeks, routine helps I think.

Easter eggs 4 - exercise 0 - next week you will see an improvement - promise.   

Good luck Rosie for your BT xoxox

TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 11:26am
Morning girls! We can do it

Hey just did my weigh (slightly earlier than usual which is not the best, but was going for a shower after the gym). 700g loss this week, yay. I'm starting to get a lot of comments which is nice

Hope you're all doing well. Rosie - health baby weight gain please!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 11:35am
Way to go Tischler, awesome loss - good to see those yummy easter eggs didnt do any damage.

Ekkkk at healthy baby weight gain...Eeekkk

My sister when I rang her said to me "You'll be fatter than me on your 40th"....I said to her "we will see, I might be fatter but hopefully healthier" (LOL Ouch to her)

I just been for a lovely walk with my lovely neighbour, she was worried we were walking to fast/far for me LOL, I just said to her - "I am alright, I got to stay fit, I done alot of work to get to this point I dont want to lose it"!!
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>