FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCouple aborts twin boys for girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple aborts twin boys for girl
    Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:00pm

Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:17pm
how horrible (for the twins), if it is so vital to her psycolgical health for her to have a girl, then whats going to happen if it doenst happen?

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:55pm
And is having a girl really going to solve the problem? Will she not still grieve the daughter she lost?
Lindsey

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:03pm
Replacement babies are not the way to go. Its very very sad that she lost a daughter but i think she should seek serious counselling not campaign for the right to sex-select.
The only sensible thing about this is that they realise they can't just have unlimited amount of children until they have a girl.
Controversial point of view: if the twins were born i wonder if she would have taken her frustration at their sex out on them - are they better off for not being born?
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:29pm
I'm surprised they would be allowed to do ivf again. IVF is a serious process and to then go and abort after falling pregnant using IVF is terrible.

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:04pm
Oh Bowie on your last point - very good point.

Kind of horrible they decided to go through with ivf though knowing chances of having boys. I wonder if they always had the intention of aborting if they turned out to be boys.

ETA for spelling.

Edited by Kazper

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:48pm
SHOCKING that they could kill two babies because they didn't meet their need for a girl. Those poor babies not given a chance at life . Why couldn't they adpot them out?

I agree with above comments she needs serious HELP, not a replacement girl for the one that died.

I feel sorry for the 3 boys their mother and father are consumed with this drive to have a girl.
I wonder when the boys are older if they will think 'why have you done this aren't we good enough'?

My mother in law is obessed with having a girl grandchild that's it's very concerning she didn't have a girl and has turned her focus to her kids tpo produce girl grandkids. I have made it Extremely clear that I have a desire for children and not for a particular sex and she has to deal with it if we have 5 boys!

I just don't understand this desire?
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:57pm
That's such a shame. I have five daughters but I wouldn't have even thought about aborting daughter #5 to try for another boy! No way!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 6:26am
That's disgusting, they shouldn't be allowed to have IVF again. I honestly don't know how they could look at the three sons they have and feel ok about aborting two perfectly healthy sons just cos they were boys, sick.

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:59am
I can't believe they don't see they haven't just lost one child, but three. They lost two sons because of this. Even worse, clearly to know what sex the boys were she would have been at least half way through pregnancy before aborting. What insane doctor would sign off on abortion knowing it was a case of gender selection.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 8:58am
They probably signed it off under b/s pyschological reasons, quite a lot of doctors have no regard for unborn babies whatsoever and don't even see them as being a life.

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:13am
Yeh that is true and so very sad.

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:19am
Oooh. That's so sad. Those poor little boys who would have been, got rid of just because they wanted a girl...

Originally posted by bowie bowie wrote:

Controversial point of view: if the twins were born i wonder if she would have taken her frustration at their sex out on them - are they better off for not being born?

I know what you mean there. When we were struggling TTC, me and a friend (who's also struggled to conceive) knew someone who had twins aborted. Even though I knew the lady was in no space to have more babies. I couldn't help being furious at the unfairness that gave her babies she didn't want (and got rid of) and didn't give me any. My friend, on the other hand, said she totally understood how I felt, and kind of felt the same, but at the same time wondered that if the babies had have been born it would have been worse for them. I hadn't thought of it that way, but could see her point. (It still makes me a little mad, though, that this person talks about having 'lost' her twins, as if it was something tragic out of her control )

kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:02am
I think it is absolutely disgusting and unethical. They should not be allowed more IVF, they probally will be though if they are paying privately.

What a slap in the face to those who have genuine fertitily problems and need IVF also.

These people definitely need help, not more children.

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Kazper Kazper wrote:

I can't believe they don't see they haven't just lost one child, but three. They lost two sons because of this. Even worse, clearly to know what sex the boys were she would have been at least half way through pregnancy before aborting. What insane doctor would sign off on abortion knowing it was a case of gender selection.

Totally agree with this! Although I'd hope they found out the gender using amnio or something early on? If they were 20-odd weeks thats even worse!!

I feel for the 3 poor boys they already have, why don't they focus on loving and caring for them?

Even if they DO have a daughter, what an awful, unfair load to place on her shoulders - that she is essentially responsible for her mothers mental health. She'd probably be forever compared negatively to the daughter who passed away.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by LJsmum LJsmum wrote:

My mother in law is obessed with having a girl grandchild that's it's very concerning she didn't have a girl and has turned her focus to her kids tpo produce girl grandkids. I have made it Extremely clear that I have a desire for children and not for a particular sex and she has to deal with it if we have 5 boys!

my MIL said "oh thats a shame" when we told her my 2nd child was a boy too! all she ever kept on about was having a girl grandchild and now she has one shes certainly not spoilt like the MIL said she would!

I havent read the article yet as i am on dial up and it is taking ages to load... but half the point of having children is that is is pot luck what sex you get! it sounds very like China where girls are aborted regularly... (or used to be - someone correct me if i am off the mark!)
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by T_Rex T_Rex wrote:

Even if they DO have a daughter, what an awful, unfair load to place on her shoulders - that she is essentially responsible for her mothers mental health. She'd probably be forever compared negatively to the daughter who passed away.

Yeh was thinking that to and what if! after thinking all they needed was a daughter to make them feel better, it didn't make any difference to their loss. They have already admitted that they are not coping physiologically. Its not like their pet cat died and they can just go out and get another that looks just like it. It still doesn't replace the original - if that makes any sense.

Edited by Kazper

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 3:21pm
I never thought of how far along she would have to be to find out the sex - not that it makes it any better but i hope she found out via amino rather then at a 2nd tri scan.

My grandma has a thing for little girl babies and is openly disappointed that her first great-grandchild will be a boy. I think thats flipping weird (shouldnt i be getting praised for producing a male heir or something??) but relieved because she's a total dragon and if i had a girl she'd probably move in to dote on her.

In India it is illegal to reveal the sex at scans to prevent this kind of thing occuring.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:08pm
Oh go India. That's a good idea really. I found out over impatience, but would totally understand if we couldn't because of things like this.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:15pm
i think it very sad that they aborted IVF babies (or any baby for that matter purely because of their sex and later on in a pregnancy) and i cant help but wonder how terrible the people who helped them achieve thier IVF pregnancy must feel knowing the outcome. I cant help but wonder too how a doctor could justify the abortion on those grounds either...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>