FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedafter the birth?..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 12:16pm
I'm in Sydney and it's going to be 27 degrees here today, hot and sunny. YAY!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 12:35pm
you lucky thing Emma im so envious!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 12:53pm
Angie was a horrific sleeper, in getting her to sleep, but once she was down we could vacuum in her room and she wouldn't move. Think mum2paris is right, just start as you mean to go on. I stayed with mum for a bit after Angie was born so there was me, mum, her husband, my little sister plus my big sister coming over most nights after work as well as my husband coming when he wasn't working. She never had it quiet but is great now as the lawnmower man ALWAYS comes when she is asleep!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 8:52pm
i know - the guy always comes to mow our lawns when paris is asleep.. they must have some kind of 6th sense lol. she's always been pretty easy to get to sleep, but i think that's good, because i had so many problems with feeding that it was nice to be cut some slack in the sleep area.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

neeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2004 at 12:15pm
yeah you cant always have everything easy with babies, i think that the hard things really give a speical bond later on in life with your baby. althoguh i would mind having a sleeping beauty princess.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2004 at 6:25pm
I'm lucky - I've got a sleeping beauty wit hhardly any sleep worries!
But on ths subject of bonding, I was babysitting last night until 1am, and I was watching really bad reruns of Law and Order, Chicago Hope etc. on Foxtel and all these babies were being killed or dying, and I pined so much for Maya. As soon as I got home I went into her room and just stood there staring at how perfect and beautiful she is. I can't imagine losing her, I don't think I could stand it.
Sorry, just got a bit sentimental!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2004 at 9:02pm
I know exactly what you mean, mike actually really surprised me the other night, we watched that film "a beautiful mind" and there was a scene where the baby nearly could have drowned. it upset him heaps, he said he all of a sudden just thought "what if that was my child?" when you're a parent i think alot of things really hit you alot more than maybe they used to. before i had paris i thought i would like to work in paediatrics.. but now, no way.. i couldn't handle dealing with little babies and children when they were that sick.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 8:11am
My husband was the same last night when we watched william and mary... it makes me cry every time i watch it, and last night was really sad and my hubby said when your own baby is sleeping in his room you feel these things more...
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 12:27pm
Bummer, I usually tape it and forgot last night. Grr i knew there was something i was ment to do.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
neeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 9:31am
How emotional parents can get at times, Now i understand why my parents didnt always let me do the things i wannted even thou baby isnt here yet.. i can understand how frightend they were to let me go. im only 18 i still would never be able to know what they feel untill i reach there point with my babies to come.

i think all you mums out there should get an award and a pat on the back!! i chearsh you all
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 8:39pm
parenthood certainly makes you think differently. for instance... how many hubbies and boyfriends out there perve at nice looking girlies when you drive or walk past them? these days, girls are dressing up so much older, and acting so much older than they actually are.   I brought mike down to earth soon after Paris was born. i noticed him admiring a couple of girls, who would have been about 17.. which fair enough, was only 3 or 4 years younger than us. but, i said to him "just think, in 15 years time, that will probably be your daughter.." it made him really think, and now he is so concious of it. he's absolutely disgusted.. as i'm sure most people are, when he sees a child, of maybe no more than 9 or 10 years old, dressed in a tiny tank top, skirt so short it's a belt, and face plastered with make-up.. acting out and flirting with boys.   fair enough, maybe when we were younger people maybe looked at some of the things we did and didn't agree with them.. but it really worries me. if this is what our girls are being encouraged to look and act like now..... what will it be like when MY daughter gets there.. and how can i be a fair parent yet still keep her decency and morals intact?

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 8:44am
I have a thing about MaryKate and Ashley. I won't let Mona wear their clothes. I think they are so over the top for the age group they are targeted at, I mean, how many 7 year olds actually need bras? They just want to copy what they see around them on TV and in magazines. I think kids grow up way too fast, at 7 I don't think I even knew what a bra was!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 2:23pm
some of the way the kids dress is really disgusting. I'm 26 and I feel so old saying "in my day...."!! But the way some of the kids dress really is appalling. In japan, some of the mothers dye their kids hair...at 3 or 4 years old! And dress them up like dolls with designer gear. Don't get me started on hipster jeans!!!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 2:29pm
My 11 year old has a different boyfriend every week, and even tho I know it's not serious, even the thought of it makes me wish I could protect her from the big bad world. She's like I was - in such a hurry to grow up. You don't realise till you are grown up that it's not actually all that much fun!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2004 at 10:06am
yep - one day you just look around, and you have all these responsibilities all of a sudden, a job, the rent the bills.. and you think "I'm too little for this!"   I'm the same as you lizzle.. i hate saying "in my day" but i definately think that childhood should be an innocent time, not having to worry what you wear, if you look right, if you have the next "in" toy.   I still love elastics, knuckle bones, hula hoops and board games.. and so do my neices.. because i have brought them for them. and the best thing is they are so much cheaper than the latest craze... and they are played with for much longer too.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2004 at 10:17am
you have to blame the media partly... look how they portray youth now.. i saw a mum and her daughter in farmers the other day, mum was in her late 30's duaghter looked about 8 - they were wearing matching colours and both had a ton of makeup on... the daughter was prancing around like she was 20 odd.. i was disgusted. I play hop scotch with my niece (shes nine now) and no way would i go out with her wearing anything i thought inappropriate, and i never considered myself old fashioned either. sigh..
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2004 at 12:00pm
I'm definitely not old fashioned, but I totally agree.
Sometimes I think I sound like my mother...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 8:25am
Kids just don't get a chance to be kids anymore. Advertisers/media put all the wrong ideals in their heads (and often ours too) just to get a sale. The biggest challenge for us as parents is installing better values in our kids. I want Sophie to know she is special just as she is, not because of the clothes she wears and what other people think
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 3:03pm
exactly. and Emma, i know what you mean. wait till you get find yourself saying something to maya that your mum maybe said to you..

my mum always used to tell my sister (who was a complete terror when she was little) that one day she would grow up and have a child just a much of a handful as her, and then she would understand why mum did the things she did. my sister found herself saying that to her daughter one day and thought "i sound like mum, and now i really do know just how she felt" its a bit of a giggle

neeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2004 at 6:22pm
You are soooo right Emma about the mary-kate and ashly logo!.....
those girls are 18 now and the cloths that they wear are so not suitable for 7-10 year old kids, the age group set for there things are 7-10, i dont know about you guys but ive never seen a 7-10 year old girl wearing a g-string, i personaly i dont think i would want to either...
boob tubes, tight jeans, padded bras and makeup... arint those things mainly to attract the oppt sex and honestly i dont think that 7-10 year old girls should even think about the oppt sex. its too early for them, these days girls cant be innocent anymore there always trying to be "sexier". not that theres ANYTHING sexy about a girl that age anyway!!

i am so not old fashion, im still a teenager but i dont remember myself talking about g-strings and bras 8 years ago, i didnt even know what a g-string was untill age 12.
honestly when i saw that mary-kate and ashley g i was shocked!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>