FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2012 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 204>
Author
Hun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 7:37pm
hey Parki - are your bloods being orgainsed through our fertility clinic? If so they will probably get you to do two tests 48 hours apart, and they like to see your numbers double over that time. Thats what mine did anyway

Hope ypur BTs come back all good tomorrow DD and everything is fine with your little one FXFX
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Sponsored Links

Itsme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itsme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 7:45pm
Just mentioning that as a 6th timer, I have always eaten exactly what I felt like, and indeed could keep down at times! Especially ham, which these days is not supposed to be ok! I would certainly have no prob with frankfurters. As long as you are sensible and cook and/or refrigerate properly I wouldn't worry. The amount of change in what you are supposed to and not supposed to eat since I had my first baby 19yrs ago is phenomenal!

In saying that I don't like shell fish so am quite happy to keep away from that   

naysgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naysgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 7:47pm
I would think that if the frankfurters were boiled then they would be ok but if you are unsure then just avoid them. I tend to be quite relaxed about what I eat when pregnant,I just make sure that things are heated through well. There wasn't too much that I avoided last time except for the obvious things. But that is just me and I understand that others feel a bit more cautious, especially if you have had a long ttc journey.

minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:24pm
Hi ladies,
I'm going to tentatively dip my toe in this thread.

I just got my BFP this afternoon. Still in shock really, thought I was just late due to a stressful week.
We had been a bit less careful since getting married but we certainly didn't expect to fall pregnant so quickly.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning.
This is our first and I have no idea what to expect. I'm freaking out a wee bit!!!
Parki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:30pm
Thanks for your replies ladies.

I played it safe and skipped the franks. I am really struggling with what I can & can't eat!? It seems like you can't eat anything but fruit & veges! And even then there are rules about that!
It's crazy. I am just wanting to be careful for the first 12 weeks especially.

Hun, what Fertility clinic are you with?
I had my first bloods last Wednesday and second lot due this Wednesday, so a week apart. Others seems to be having them much closer together? Who knows!
Harry_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:30pm
Hi Ladies,

LuvLife - I so know what you mean about having enough love for your second baby, I've been feeling that way too

Started feeling nauseous today and have been tired for a couple of weeks now, I reckon there is nothing quite like the tiredness that comes with early pregnancy, you are def tired near the end when you are massive but that is more of a size issue (LOL) at the beginning it is apparently because your body has to put so much energy into changing a few cells into an actual human being but because it is early on and you usually haven't told anyone then there is no sympathy for you !!!!!

Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:38pm
re the frankfurters-i got cocktail sausages yesterday (same thing really)and just boiled them and ate them.
I had a friend who lost a baby to listeria when i was preggy with my first -so 14yrs ago now.She got a filled roll from a bakery and took the ham out knowing she couldnt eat that,just ate the roll with salad...seems it was already tainted from the ham she pulled out :(
soo sad 17wks :(
minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:41pm

LuvnLife - #2 - 1st April - a surprise!
DayDream - #1 - 2nd April - a surprise!
Keira-#3 - 2nd April - will be finding out
Naysgirl - #2 - 5th April - a surprise
Harry - #2 - 6th April
minipig - #1 - 6th April - a surprise???
Itsme - #6 - 9th April - a surprise!
Parki - #1 - 9th April - Happy with either, just want a baby!
Hun - #1 - 11th April - can't wait to meet my baby!
Marocha - #1 - 11th April - can't wait to see a heartbeat
Blue Moon - #1 - 13th April - will be finding out!

Adding myself in!
I haven't even had time to digest the news let alone knowing if we will find out the sex.
Marocha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:48pm
Hi Parki

Our first BT was Wednesday and we have another one tomorrow, so just short of a week. Sucks to end up nervous again.
Parki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:59pm
I know, the wait continues....
Good luck for your BT, I hope the results are awesome!
minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 9:02pm
Do you have a blood test at your first doctor's appt?
I'm not very good with BTs....

Hun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 9:23pm
Parki - I'm with repromed I guess they all have their own different protocols though! As long as the numbers are going up and in about the right range for how far along you are I guess it all does the same job!

I'm being cautious with the food too - I don't care if it means missing out on stuff for a while, cos although it doesn't happen often it does happen - like it did to your friend Keira. Would just rather be safe than sorry. But totally understand that not everyone is as cautious as me And i am a total worry wart! Once i hear the heartbeat I will start to relax though

Minipig - yep you normally have a BT at the docs. GL!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 10:24pm
Congrats minipig!!
I didn't have my BT at the doc but she sent me straight up to the clinic where they take them so I guess same thing! Had a sleep this afternoon so am suprised feeling tired again!

Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Hun Hun wrote:

Parki - I'm with repromed I guess they all have their own different protocols though! As long as the numbers are going up and in about the right range for how far along you are I guess it all does the same job!

I'm being cautious with the food too - I don't care if it means missing out on stuff for a while, cos although it doesn't happen often it does happen - like it did to your friend Keira. Would just rather be safe than sorry. But totally understand that not everyone is as cautious as me And i am a total worry wart! Once i hear the heartbeat I will start to relax though

Minipig - yep you normally have a BT at the docs. GL!

Yip it really hit home to me-thing is both my friend and i were reps and we would grab things to eat on the run,it really changed my way of thinking and became probably overly cautious when that happenned
Parki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 8:46am
Testing Ticker... =)

Clearly not working! Ha!

Edited by Parki
Luvn_life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvn_life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 10:03am
Hey guys :D

Still tired! Welcome to all the newcomers!Babies are so exciting, I think its finally starting to sink in for us that we are having another - DH has started rubbing my tummy and talking to him/her like he did with DS, too cute!

How old is your first Harry? I spoke with my mum about not having enough love, and she rekons you grow a whole new heart for your second baby, so you have twice as much love ot give!

Im not ott when it comes to what foods I eat but I do stay away from processed and deli foods, so to me the frankfurters are a no no.. Mainly because they are processed and full of preservatives etc. For lunch I mainly eat piping hot reheated leftovers, soups, baked beans on toast etc. There is still plenty of things to eat when your sticking to "the list" and I found that I didnt put on much weight when preggy because I mainly ate fruit and fresh salads etc. We are in a small town with no temptation (maccas etc) so I have no choice but to make things fresh. lol.

Have had a bit of brown spotting yesterday and today, might txt my mw to see what she thinks about it.

8 more sleeps til my scan!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Being a mummy is the most amazing job in the world!

Luvn life right now :D

I love my monster boy! You give me the best cuddles in the world!
bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 11:36am
Hey Luvn_life that is so lovely what your mum said about growing a whole new heart for 2nd baby!
I'd been interested to hear what your MW says about the spotting. I went to docs today and she wasn't that reassuring just said these things can happen so early on and there is not a lot you can do! but she has organised me to get HCG tests twice this week and a scan next Monday so as long as the results are going up they can check me on the scan so FX it's just something that happens and nothing to worry about!

minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 11:58am
Aww that is so cute Luvn_life! Sounds like something my Mum would say.
I'm seeing my Mum this weekend so I'm going to tell her. She's going to be super excited because I know she's been getting clucky for grandkids
But at this stage I don't think we'll be telling anyone else yet.
It's good to be able to come on here to share instead!

Think positive thoughts Daydream! I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Hey how did you guys go about finding your midwives?
I have no idea where to start! (I'm in CHCH)
Keira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:36pm
Oh DD-not good :( but im sure it will all be fine,hopefully your BT's will be able to put you at ease.
Minipig-im struggling with how to find a LMC....then again mine is an unusual case.If you phone one of your local birthing suits they should be able to give you a list of middys.
Well i phoned the hospital again this morning ,finally got thru to the high risk team and i 'may' not have to go under them yay...but i have to be assessed first.My GP hadnt sent my referal in from 2wks ago grrr, so had to go down to the docs and ask them to please fax it so i can be seen.
Just been reading up about the chronic villus (sp) sampling as think i will be getting that done,and they do it in the next few weeks by what ive read.Anyone know of anybody that has done this test?
bayroba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayroba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:38pm
Hey minipig! thanks I am being positive no point worrying about it until get results as it can be quite common with no issues.
I'm in Auckland so can't help with midwife in CC but I'm trying to get the one my doc recommended. Also if you contact these people they send you out a list of MW in your area. http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/sectorservices-claims-mum2be
Also I think there is a thread in "pregnancy" where people have recommended their MW.
Hope that helps!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 204>