FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 171>
Author
LuRo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 8:15pm
Agh! Indigestion!!!

Ajay - hope the scan went/goes well... look forward to reading your update.

I saw my midwife today, all went really well. Good BP, clear urine test, etc. She thinks he is a rather long baby.... Really looking forward to meeting the little guy now
Sponsored Links

dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 1:40pm
I'm tired today, crap sleep last night. Sore back again today blah! That's all I've got.

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
LuRo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 1:44pm
That was me yesterday! Was miserable!! Today is another story though - slept well, & feel great. Just about to take the dog out of a stroll.... she has been sooooo neglected lately - poor thing!

Hope that your feeling heaps better soon Dneyn, rest up if you can
Herewegoagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herewegoagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:06am
I don't have much to say either except I hear you on the back pain and crap sleep. Ds has soccer tomorrow and standing for 1 1/2 hours kills my legs, and it's our turn for BBQ duty....

+ My big school boy (6)
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:17am
Ajay - how'd your scan go? Was it reassuring that all is ok you just carry in a neat bundle?
LuRo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:32am
I just popped in to see if Ajay was about.... Hope that all is OK?! Have been thinking of you.

Terrible sleep last night - think that the walk may have been too long... really bad hips. Woke up feeling sick - but think that it is linked to being really tired!

Another beautiful day in the capital!
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:52am
Hey all

Yay 37 weeks this weekend Bubba is welcome to come any time from tuesday as i have plans Monday night. lol

feels so sureal now that there will b another baby in the house and i will have 2 kids to look after so soon.

Managing to keep heartburn at a minimum with my ranitadine at the moment which is good as the other week was horrible felt like being sick when it wasnt working.

the babys will all b arriving soon. as long as my birth goes like last time i will b able to let you know within 24hours but if it doesnt i dont have access to FB or here when away from my own wifi connections
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
Ajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 12:25pm
Thanks for checking up ladies....sorry I had been meaning to write an update earlier but work kept getting in the way.

Had the scan mid week and baby is fine. Phew! They think s/he weighs around 6.5 pounds!! So it must certainly be tucked up very tightly in there. But you never know...I think scan measurements are very much a rough guideline, but I guess it provides an indication that bub's size should be ok. And placenta etc all looked good.

I went and had a look at the belly photos Atiamuri...thanks for that - it was very reassuring leading up to the scan. I was a bit nervous about what it would show. In fact I didn't really even look at the scan - I just wanted to hear baby was ok (plus we were worried if we looked too much we'd see male or female bits! ).

So all is well..and I even think I've popped out more in the last day or two. Starting to feel the first rib action too. And maybe even a dropping of the belly...but hard to tell.

I agree about another beautiful day in the capital LuRo....and like you I'm also battling indigestion. It's getting very hard to eat anything with that fire-like burn!

Hope everyone else is going okay. Time is flying by now. I'd like a week or two at home before baby comes so I can nest and tick some things off the list of things to do...so I hope s/he complies!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herewegoagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:47am
That's great news Ajay! Scans at fullterm are surreal, I had one with ds at 2 weeks overdue and there was just small pockets of fluid, which was a bit freaky.

A stomach bug has hit our house, ds was up all night with it, poor thing. We had to sleep with him because he was vomiting in his sleep. Though, he's chirper this morning, thankfully.

Fingers crossed I don't get it!

+ My big school boy (6)
capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 2:34pm
Boo to stomach bugs, not good at the best of times, but not sure I could cope with one at the minute. Hope your ds is better this morning.

Good news about the scan Ajay, I've had scans towards the end too, and spent the whole time paranoid that we would see boy or girl bits, but fortunately we never did.
Mummy to 2 boys, 1 girl and now a very small bump!
capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 5:13pm
Just realised my ticker says 18 days to go, eeeek!
Mummy to 2 boys, 1 girl and now a very small bump!
littlekiwis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlekiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 5:41pm
eek 18 days, thats not much.

Lydia
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 7:04pm
13 here but I'm trying not to get to caught up on date now

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:21pm
Good news Ajay Reassuring I'm sure.
Almost to the single figure countdowns - OMG!!
ooligator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 12:52am
I haven't been on the net properly for ages (use FB via my mobile phone at hospital, and not much time at home).

As those in FB know, Niamh came home from NICU on Tuesday 15th. She was 36 weeks 4 days gestation, or just short of 3 weeks old. But since being home, she's not gaining weight as she should be, and my milk supply is tanking. My MW came to see us for first weight check on Thurs and again today, and the gain is minimal. I had suspected it may be partly my supply, which was going up when I was just pumping, but when we went to demand feeding, it tanked. The midwife has diagnosed Niamh with a tongue tie, (though why it wasn't investigated while she was in NICU I'm not sure), which is impacting on her ability to feed properly. She'll only latch with a nipple shield, and that doesn't stimulate enough to make me make more milk. So we need to see the lactation consultant at the hospital and hope she can fix it, if not, there's a dentist in Hamilton who can do it. Then hopefully she'll be able to latch properly, and we can lose the nipple shield.

But in the meantime, as she's not quite "failure to thrive" but not gaining well, we need to top her up after every breastfeed, and I need to pump after as many as possible to build my supply back up. We don't have many frozen bottles of expressed milk, so I think at this rate the supply of frozen stuff will only last a few days, and I'm only able to pump barely 5-10 ml after a feed. Feeling a bit despondant about it, as I really didn't want to have to resort to formula supplementation this time, as I did use it with DD1, and hated doing it.

Ajay, regarding the movement sensor monitors, yes we have a Tommee Tippee Ultimate Reassurance monitor, which we had with DD1. It has a sensor pad that goes under the mattress, and it alarms if there is no movement detected for 20 seconds. It alarmed 3 times in DD1's first year. The first time, when I got to her, she was taking a massive gasp of air. The other two times, the alarm must have woken her enough to breathe again.

There's also a portable type that clips to their nappy, called Snuzza? Which means you can use it on baby wherever they may sleep, (as in when they fall asleep in the buggy or car seat, etc.)

Glad to hear your scan showed bub all happy and healthy in there Ajay!
Me 38
DH 39
DD1 - 3 years, born prem at 30 weeks after 5 years TTC
DD2 - born prem at 33 weeks
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:14am
Yep, the Snuza monitor is similar to the Respisense I mentioned. We actually had the TT Ultimate Reassurance with lil miss but we sold it not anticipating another bub and they're hard to get over here so we went with the Angelcare instead.

Back to the hospital tomorrow for CTG, appt with the diabetes nurse and to see the MFM doc again so hopefully can get some answers about what's going to happen with managing the polyhydramnios over the next couple of weeks.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
LuRo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:35am
Oh Oh OHHHHHH..... just realised my ticker says 18 days to go tooooo!! Yipeeeee!!!!
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:42am
Ticker check too - 13 days. OMFG....
AgnesJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:12am
Wow - babies are all arriving/due so soon now, we've still got a wee while to wait until the end of June to meet our little boy.

The Dr's told me to slow down though as he has already 'dropped'/is engaged and quite a way down, that was at 34 weeks - so who knows he might arrive earlier.

For any Wellington people - I went to a Mamalicious breast feeding class in Island Bay - I know it also depends on how the birth goes, but I do feel more confident now - I'd highly recommend it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herewegoagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:07pm
You girlies don't have long to wait at all!

It's hard not to count down! Especially when I see my ticker.Though, I do want him to stay in longer as I've got too much stuff to do and I know I'll miss my bump once it's gone.

Sunday night was horrible.Up alnight with the stomach bug. Dp had it too! Feeling better today, just tired and a bit seedy. Though,I feel like I can put up with any third trimester niggles, as long as this stomach bug stays away.

+ My big school boy (6)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 171>