FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165>
Author
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 7:47pm
Pugglesworth, Ive never bothered with baby books except the pregnancy one Up the Duff, I get the huggies updates which I skim read and did the first time round too. Friends who read certain books seem to stress about what will happen next, for example friend with a 4 month old is desperate to get her to self settle, currently feeding to sleep, as she has read that at 5 months sleep regression happens and babies will start waking every two hours!!!!! So now shes paranoid about whats about to happen, which is just crazy as I dont see any enjoyment of your child happening but thats just my opinion

Keep an eye on those boobs, Ive just had my 2nd lot of mastitis, luckily I have ab's on hand and seem to be able to stop it getting too bad

I just want that firm pregnant belly back, hating the jelly belly I have but I guess eating dessert and cream wont help

Sponsored Links

Pugglesworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugglesworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 9:30pm
How did you know you had mastitis? Not sure how to tell it's become more than just sore red and hot.

Pugglesworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugglesworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 5:32am
Darn - just looked up symptoms online and sounds like I have it...fever, chills, aching muscles. I just thought I was getting the flu Will get myself off to the Dr today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:18am
Oh Make sure you get the antibotics into you ASAP and keep feeding off that side and massaging the area, if you have cabbage, pop a leaf on the sore area til it wilts, told to avoid the nipple area xx

kernowexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernowexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:25pm
Hello! We're still here, just normally reading and running as this site doesn't work on the iphone.

This time 7weeks ago I was pushing the wee girl out! - where did the time go?!!

Those of you who want to be pregnant again make me laugh. I hated it!! I hated being fat, and then being told 'you're not fat, you're pregnant'! I am now hating the fact the inital weight came off quickly and I am now stuck with another 6kg to lose until I am close to my happy weight. Oh well, time to give up the cakes and coca cola then

I'm enjoying being a mum, but I am a bit bored in some respects. We are getting out and about, mums and bubs pilates, cinema, walking, I've been out mountain biking with a chum, and had my first solo mountain bike in Wanaka the other weekend which was magical. It was very good for the soul. I was so happy! But I guess I am bored as I miss going to work/uni and engaging that side of my brain. Watching little M develop is however so much fun.

Anyway my parents arrive on Thursday for 3 months which I really really can't wait for. I need a break during the day just to go for a run, or a swim and get the endorphins going. A walk doesn't quite cut the mustard, and with the OH out at work from 8-1830, the day is a bit long. But the days are getting longer and lighter = hurrah!!!

So generally, I love my cruisey little girl. I don't like the fact my OH is being made redundant and I am about to become a FIFO otherhalf solo parenting for three-quarters of the time. But hey ho. C'est la vie.

Oh and the best or most useful weekly update I've been getting is from the Babycentre. You can click the email for more info if you like.
third time lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:01pm
Well that's a lot more action than I've seen in here for a while!

Great to see how quickly you folk are getting back to normal life and just including your babes in there. Hope those boobs are ok Puggles, once it starts it can get nasty pretty quickly, but can fix up quite quickly too. Hope the doc was of some help.

We got our csection date today - 11 Oct!! Only 5 weeks and 3 days away, NOW it starts to get pretty real eh!!! Am thinking that finishing 28 Sept is probably a bit late and for what? So someone can make more money from my exhausted efforts? I didn't expect it to be so early, but they brought if forward a few more days because I'm So Old. Fine with me, and DP very happy it's happening in his school holidays. Great for me actually, b/c I might actually be at home and not in hosp for the two weeks he has off. We really should think about a name.... Otherwise it will be Jim Drvic lolol

I don't feel ready, and I have a lot of things to do here, but I just can't quite bring myself to tell work I'm finishing earlier than expected. I must toughen up, I don't want to spend the last few days of my pregnancy like a blue-arsed fly eh...

December 2011
drvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:45pm
TTL - 11 Oct is a great birthdate. It's mine!!!   I'll be 103; well, it feels like it some days, and 23 on others.
Tell work ASAP; it will take such a load off your mind and be less stressful than worrying about telling them. Can't wait to see pics of Jim (she'll always be that to me now, you know that, right?).

Kernowexile - sucks about redundancy. Where is the FIFO job and what will he be doing? Did you see the recent Close Up about FIFO families? Sounds like a good answer $$$-wise. Practically difficult though.

Edited by drvic

kernowexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernowexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 4:22pm
TTL - the name Jim is fab. Our little girl was the Alien all through pregnancy and then for the first week of her life whilst we worked out a name. She is still the Alien when she cries sometimes!

Drvic - I'd been a FiFO girlfriend in the past. I hadn't really expected to be a new mum and managing it Having said that,we prefer it as when the OH is home, he really switches off,much better than stupidly long days and long commutes. Sort of makes sense $$$-wise unless the exchange rate goes to pot! Some interviews next week we hope And hopefully the job will be just across the ditch and not in deepest darkest Asia/Russia.

Pilates this morning was soooo good I feel like my body is waking up again!!

Edited by kernowexile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:35am
Drvic - know what you mean about age. Maybe you're 103 in breastfeeding years, 23 in every other regard lol. If you only aged when you slept, you'd be shaving the years off now eh!! That's cool we'll have her on your birthday. I was hoping she wouldn't be born on any weird relative's birthday, but you're ok

Kernox, we've been calling 'it' the Wombmonster, or it or him. I'm sure it will be a lot easier to make some connection when we see her! God I hope so lolol What is fifo?

DP bought me my own laptop yesterday, yippee! Now I can be online on my day off which will let me get so much more done, paying bills etc etc. Feel oddly liberated having my first comp of my own!!

December 2011
Mamaof1babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamaof1babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:31pm
Hey Lovlies,
sorry I've been slack getting on here, seriously taken 6 weeks for me to get the hang of everything and really bond with Stella, I've had quite a few "what the heck have we done" moments, but am loving it now.
I think I had to many people come and stay in the first month too, there was always someone here, so I didnt get a chance to just get to grips with things and work out our routine.
Stella is an awesome sleeper, which I'm truely thankful for, I just really miss my independence I think...don't miss working though!
I hope you're all doing well, Stella had her 6 week check up and immunisations on friday, she is in the 98th percentile for weight and height! Big, chubby bubba! The dr put it kindly....atleast if she gets sick, she has a good reserve! Well, we're not planning on getting sick!
I put on 30kg being preg I had really bad water retention, within a week, I lost 15kg, but am really struggling with the rest, total of 17kg gone so far...
I'm expressing and bottle feeding, so am thinking of doing it for another couple of weeks, and then maybe doing weight watchers...should start getting back into exercise too...
TTL - enjoy your last few weeks before your little lady arrives, maybe try and have a couple of weeks off to yourself before she arrives? Have you found a name yet?
Oscar09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oscar09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:34pm
Im here too..i have checked back a few times and tehre has been zilch posted on here...think everyone is on FB. Which is a pretty busy place!

Jackson is 7.5 weeks old and doing great. He has started smiling and cooing which is great. Big brother Blake is enjoying him and in general pretty good. He can be a bit challenging at times and the sleep deprivation makes it harder to deal with.

Had the 1st lot of imms today, held off a week to get them as he had a bit of a cold last week. Hate seeing his little lip drop before a big cry!

Im adjusting slowly to 2 kids, its a big shock actually! The hardest thing i find is going from a very very independent nearly 3yr old to a very very dependent baby again but Jackson is very very contented so he is lots of fun.

Hope everyone else is all ok :)
maisey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maisey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:55pm

I keep for getting to check in on here!! I am usually just on fb.

TTL, how exciting to have a date for your wee girl to be born!! Do enjoy those last few weeks.

All going pretty well here. DD2 is sleeping well and I am usually only up the once to her. It is hard juggling a 2 yo and a baby. LSL I have NO idea how you manage on your own!! And Drvic you with 4 kids!!!

I  must admit it is awesome to see DD1 interact with DD2. And the smiles DD1 is getting from DD2 is very cool. Makes my heart melt just a little bit more.

Hope everyone is doing well.

drvic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:13pm
TTL - FIFO is fly in, fly out. Often high paying Aussie mining jobs for 4 weeks then a week off to visit family.

Maisey and Oscar09 - I agree the first 6 months with 2 is harder, but I found the second 6 months about the same, and from 1 year I actually found 2 easier because they had each other for entertainment. Four is busy but I'm getting used to it; 2 seems so quiet in retrospect. The babies are smiling and cooing a lot now and I'm really getting into the swing of it. Loving my boys; I feel very very lucky.

notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:41am
my baby is getting cute chubby wee thighs yay!! this thread seems to go quiet frequently.

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:28pm
Hey ladies, so quiet in here, I guess you are all blissed out/exhausted with your new arrivals by now :-)

Have FINALLY finished work at 36 weeks, yippee!  Am finding it hard to wind down and relax, but I'll remember how shortly surely!  Have a growth scan tomorrow and ob appt, so really looking forward to all that, and to our birth which is scheduled for 11 Oct.  Still so much to do, but as you all know, anything that doesn't get done can probably wait and there'll always be something that needs to be done....
Anyhoo, Still checking in here from time to time, hope all is going well for you all :-)

December 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 5:01pm
Lovely to hear from you TTL, relaxing is hard when you just finished work and feel theres so much to do, I did things in the morning and then relaxed in the afternoon as thats when I was really tired :)

All going well here, Alex is still loving her brother and hes just so adorable lol Hes currently asleep on the rocker and Alex is refusing to leave her cot after a 2 hour sleep, so gives me chance to finish dinner and jump on here hehe

Had a lazy day at home as we are all suffering from colds but did get out in the garden to vacumm up the spiders - hate them and find its the easiest way from a safe distance :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 10:24pm
Hi Lorna!  Like your approach to spiders, anything at a distance sounds good :-)  I bloody nearly stood on a whitetail going to the toilet in the middle of the night last week, so glad I bothered to turn the light on that one time,...

My days are like yours were, active mornings, chilling afternoons.  Glad to hear your older one is loving her brother.  I'm really excited to see how my little boy likes his sister, I'm sure it will be very exciting although he seems to think she might be a lot more able/interesting than I think she will be, at the start anyway lol 

December 2011
maisey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maisey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 2:38pm
TTL, not long to go for you now!!! Very exciting. I hope you are keeping well and enjoying no work.
All going well with me, DH has taken DD1 away for a couple of hours and DD2 is asleep so I have sometime to myself for a change!!! I have used that time to vaccum and steammop the floors! Oh well, it really needed done. Might sit down now with a cuppa and the treasures mag. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third time lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 9:05pm
Hey Maisey, very close now!  I think it's 12 sleeps until the section...  Am trying not to count, but it is getting pretty real alright!  Hips are unreliable, baby keeps hitting my nerves etc., but all part of the joy eh :-)  I would love to have the energy to mop or vacuum!  am hoping this returns once my daughter is outside!!!  Let me down gently if you think this is unlikely Wink

December 2011
maisey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maisey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 9:57pm
Oh TTL it must pretty much be d-day for you??? I hope everything goes/is going well. I think energy levels are better after giving birth but that also depends on how well baby sleeps!!! Sleeping is certainly easier and more comfortable anyway. I look forward to hearing how you are getting on, sorry I have been very slack in checking in on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165>