FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 125>
Author
KiwiPino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 10:57pm
Hi Taliez, for some reason the lazy boy is just comfy. I'm used to it now tho one thing is a numb bum! I was in agony a couple of weeks ago and literally cried each time i move! Now a lot easier to get up and even the walking is not as bad.

Getting my mat physio massage tomorrow and can't wait. 9 days to go according to my ticker though am hoping sooner. DS was 5 days early so here is hoping
Can't wait to see and hold our little miracle!
Sponsored Links

Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:53am
I went to physio and got a belt and have been having weekly preg massages too since 34 weeks. Have helped quite a bit I reckon. Slept with about 4 pillows around me last night - was horrible - baby is putting pressure on my ribs on my RHS and it is annoying!! My next massage is Friday yay. It seems funny 'booking' appointments because I never know now if we are going to make it to them or have baby in that week! I think i'll be one of these overdue ones tho damn it! haha. I would be happy with 5 days early - thats next week. Suits me :) Provided the heatpump guys can get their act together and get it put in asap!!!

All the best! :)

Love-Heart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love-Heart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 3:06pm
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have a darling 'Breech' baby?
This is my 1st baby, was due 7/8/12, but I am now lined up for the cut on the 31/7/12, as the baby is 'sitting up' instead of 'Heads down, bums up'!
Wondering if you know of any good books to read or tips about c-sections? Thanks!
BexD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BexD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 9:27pm
Hi Love-Heart

There are some good articles on OhBaby under "Labour & Birth" in the Pregnancy section...

I had a c-section last time, & really didn't know anything about them - to which I attribute my quick recovery! ... I didn't know how it is "supposed" to go, so I was up and about & feeling fine quite soon after (say, within a couple of weeks, going for walks and things). Mind you, I was walking & swimming right up til I was admitted (as in, even the morning of the day I was admitted...)

At least with a planned cesarean you have time to prepare yourself mentally/emotionally for it.

Good luck - I assume they'll check baby's position again before they slice you? Here's hoping he/she turns for you (has been known to happen). !!

Kia kaha
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/kiymp12.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/B9oop12.png][/URL]
Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:01pm
Hi Love-heart,

Bugger the lil baby is round the wrong way! Mine is head down, had a scan at 34 weeks to check as MW was uncertain for a point there. SO i'll be in for the whole labour and try a natural birth. Bex is right, at least you can prepare - AND are given a date! My Aunty was given a C-Section date and the morning of it baby had turned, but she still went ahead anyway. Is there no way of it turning now??

You could have a look at this?
http://www.spinningbabies.com/

Good luck!! The 31st isn't far away!! Is there any reason they decided to go earlier for C-Section than you EDD?

mommycat08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommycat08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 10:50pm
Hi everyone! New here, first-time-mom-to-be due on the 25th of August. Gonna try to get in the FB group next, will be nice and helpful to hear from y'all.

(edit) We don't know what we're having. We want it to be a surprise.

DH and I got quite a scare this afternoon, it was the first time the poking from baby felt painful. Shooting pain in pelvic area as well. Really no idea how labour contractions should feel like so we're just trying to wing it, I guess.

Had to have a second glucose screening last Thursday because midwife's worried about baby's size and I might not be able to deliver normally. Hope everything checks out because I'm quite keen on having a water birth.

Hope all is well with everyone! It's really nice to read your stories and compare notes.

Edited by mommycat08
SophieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 7:37am
Hi Mommycat08!

yeah the movements certainly start to get a bit more painful as you near the end, yesterday baby must have been sitting on some kind of nerve as everytime it moved I got shooting pains down the front of my legs! not very comfy.

Hope the results from the glucose screening test come back ok. I seem to grow big babies and have always come back normal on those tests so here's hoping you are just the same :-)

Well, we got a date for our c-section on friday, bubs is all booked in for the 10th! am torn between wanting the next 2 weeks to go really fast and also to go slow so that I can enjoy the time before having 2 kids to look after :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommycat08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 8:55am
Hello, SophieD!

*sigh I've been told it gets worse but it's nice to know what to expect, I guess? LOL Oooh what do you do when that happens, though? Do you try to shift baby or something?

Thank you! I do hope they come back normal, too. Birthing centre's just 10-15 minutes away but if tests come back positive, they'll have to bring me to hospital -- which is a 45-minute drive -- due to it being considered high-risk. Not convenient at all. And the birthing centre's prettier and more cozy haha.

Whoa 2 weeks to go! Very exciting. Hope all goes well on the 10th and that you get back on your feet soon enough. Rest well!
hotmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 1:03pm
Hi All,

Love-Heart my first baby was head down and I still had to have a c-section due to him looking sideways, had contractions for about 5 days.

Had a scan at 36wk and having another on 3rd Aug and also due 7/8, booked for c-section at 41wks if baby hasn't come naturally by then.

From what I hear having a booked c-section is better than an emergency one which is what I had.

All the best everyone

Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 11:50am
Not too long to go now I just want this to all begin so I can have baby soon. Although am enjoying sleeping in and sitting around til midday in PJ's and watching Olympics....I know things certainly will change soon! So enjoying while it lasts!

All the best for anyone who goes into labour soon!! Can't wait to hear some stories in here!

Midwife visit tomorrow - looking forward to that. And my next pregnancy massage booked for Friday will be 39wks+6days then, so she is going to do an induction massage So see if that will start anything if nothing else happens this week.

The Chiefs are playing the final this weekend and Murphys law -will probably go into labour then haha.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommycat08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 1:49pm
hotmummy, 5 days? Wow. Hope your next scan checks out as well. I guess having a c-section booked reduces the stress of it all compared to having an emergency one which would have been quite overwhelming.

Taliez, same here! Torn between wanting to get it all over with and enjoying the peace lol. And yea, go Chiefs haha! If baby decides to come out then, you can name bub after whoever makes the first try.

Midwife visit tomorrow - will know my results from the last glucose tolerance test. Really hoping that I tested negative! Will also ask her if she thinks bub has engaged already because my belly looks and feels lower now. Gaaah just remembered not done with birth plan just yet.
HelloYellow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloYellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 12:02pm
Hey Everyone! I have not popped in on this August thread in ages! So i havent been able to follow everyones journey. Has there been any babies arrive already? How is everyone going? I bet you are all at the Over it stage?
I was due yesterday, and am still waiting.. Was so hoping for a july baby, but my lil girl just seems sooo comfy inside me that shes definately going to be an august baby!

hotmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 12:48pm
mommycat, due on 7th Aug and hope she can find her way out this time and no c-sec.

Over being preggie that is for sure.

my mw cancelled as had a birth this morning, texted back wish it was me

Talz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 5:15pm
CrazeegnaBeaMum - they do that don't they!! 2 more days until due for me! Think I will be late too damn it! haha must be so happy where he/she is! I just want to meet him/her!

Good luck for anyone ready to go. Can't believe we have made it to August!!!

KiwiPino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 6:50pm
Hello everyone!!! Well today is my due date and am still in one piece! So want to see this little one. Braxton Hicks & cramps going on since last night so who knows.

Most of those that i knew were pregnant had their babies after their due date and i seem to be following the trend. Hope not too far away. Had MW appointment today and shes not that concerned as it is rather normal to be over by 2 weeks!!! I hope it wont be that long a wait! Will booked for a scan next week to check water volume.

Eating spicy food, drinking raspberry tea, pineapple and KFC which apparently would help get into labour. Yes have heard of the S.E.X to work too however with my pelvic pain unfortunately its not possible at all. I can't even climb up nor down stairs!!!

Well, all the very best everyone and yes do share birthing stories once we've popped

God bless to all!
Can't wait to see and hold our little miracle!
BexD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BexD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 9:29pm
Hi all,

No birth announcements yet then? Soon I hope...

Had my first acupuncture session today - It's not going to be the highlight of the next 4 weeks of my life, I can tell you that! But I wouldn't be letting someone stab me with needles if I didn't think it was worth it..

BP is starting to go up now, am trying to be restful, though it can be a bit tricky with the small boy running riot! Started potty training this week... good fun. More pee in the potty than out for 2 days in a row - am pretty stoked. Tomorrow he goes to the grandparents, so that will be interesting (for everyone!).

Kia kaha e hoa!

jamsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:23am

14th April - MakeItWork - Isabelle 555g EDD 1st August sadly stillborn and in our hearts forever
7th July - ruby2shoes77 - Scarlett Jane 5lb 2oz (EDD 17 August)
24th July - ggirl - Ethan Timothy 6lb 11oz (EDD 15 August)
27th July - Mumma2one - Quinn Joseph 8lb (EDD 10 August)
31st July - Red - William Daniel 6lb 8oz (EDD 13 August)
1st August - Little Dragon - Alexa Sophie 7lb 4oz (EDD 2 August)
2nd August - MonieT - Sabine Margaret 7lb 9oz (EDD 4 August)

30th July - CrazeegnaBeaMum #? - IT'S A GIRL!
31st July - Love-Heart #1
1st August - Deb #2 - will be finding out!
2nd August - corknkiwibebe #1 - will you be finding out?
2nd August - KiwiPino #2 - IT'S A GIRL!
4th August - WilsonPenn #1 - will be finding out!
4th August - Mickeyrat #2 - IT'S A GIRL!
4th August - Taliez #1 - IT'S A SURPRISE!
5th August - Janie #2 - IT'S A SURPRISE! Guessing - GIRL
5th August - Kiwigirl0123 #2 - IT'S A BOY!
5th August - Cecilia #? - IT'S A BOY!
5th August - ScaredyKat #2 - IT'S A SURPRISE!
7th August - Kikii #1 - IT'S A GIRL!
7th August - hotmummy #2 - IT'S A GIRL!
7th August - hunterswife #? - will you be finding out?
8th August - LuckyRed #1 - IT'S A BOY!
8th August - TwinBoys2B #3 - will you be finding out?
10th August - Jamsta #1 - IT'S A BOY!
12th August - adventuressjo #1 - IT'S A BOY
13th August - SRB #1 - will be finding out but IT'S A SECRET!
14th August - henergy #? - will you be finding out?
14th August - mum2george #2 - IT'S A SURPRISE!
15th August - Kate 77 #1 - IT'S A BOY!
16th August - twinkletoes #1 - IT'S A GIRL!
16th August - RoseyK #1 - will be finding out!
17th August - Olivia10 #2 - IT'S A BOY!
17th August - BusyLizzy #1 - will you be finding out?
18th August - jaycee #3 - IT'S A SECRET!
18th August - mahanga #3 - will you be finding out?
19th August - SophieD #2 - IT'S A SURPRISE!
19th August - Laurenm17 #1&2 - TWINS! - will you be finding out?
19th August - Vic123 #1 - IT'S A SURPRISE!
22nd August - LittleSprout #2 - will you be finding out?
23rd August - Blankney94 (Sarah) #2 - IT'S A SURPRISE! Guessing - BOY
23rd August - LozzieJ #1 - IT'S A GIRL!
24th August - BexD #2 - IT'S A GIRL!
24th August - SianD #? - will you be finding out?
25th August - jaylea4 #5 - IT'S A GIRL!
25th August - mommycat08 #1
26th August - Bookgirl #1 - will you be finding out?
26th August - AllThatJazz #1 - will you be finding out?
28th August - cantwait #1 - IT'S A SURPRISE!
28th August - renata #2 - IT'S A BOY!
31st August - Mommydear #? - will you be finding out?
31st August - Nat1985 #1

Baking Soda Test
twinkletoes - BOY ACTUALLY GIRL
jamsta - BOY ACTUALLY BOY
Olivia10 - BOY ACTUALLY BOY
cantwait - GIRL
MonieT - GIRL
Janie - BOY

So far we have

12 x GIRLS
9 X BOYS
4 X SECRETS
10 X SURPRISES

Angel Babies
MandiKiwi
Speck8[/QUOTE]

jamsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:25am
Have updated the list to include the newbies and add our arrivals
srb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:53am
thanks Jamsta!! :)
BexD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BexD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:18pm
Wow! That's really exciting!

congratulations to all the Mums of new babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 125>