FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 125>
Author
MakeItWork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 12:39pm
He he yes Alias we could definitely know each other very well after 8 months of just us nattering in here!

Sucky about the MS, I hope it stays away for you and doesn't get any worse. I had about 30 seconds of feeling a bit nauseous when I was in the shower this morning but so far nothing more. I am feeling pretty good at the moment, plenty of energy and nothing to complain about, I think my regular healthy snacks are helping. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!!! No doubt the MS will kick in just as my mum arrives at the weekend

I have been taking FA for over a year now and am on 800mcg a day. My doc has also got me taking the iodine as well now and I think that is 150mcg. I asked her about a multi vitamin but and she said if you eat well you don't really need to but if you want to you can. So I figured I would as it can't do any harm. I wasn't going to get Elevit but it was on offer at the supermarket when I went so I went for it.

DH and I are going to meet a MW this evening so I am really hoping we like her and decide to go with her as that will make it easy. She is based about 5 mins from our house which is good. I need to make a list of questions to ask her, I think I found some online the other day. She will probably think I am an obsessed nutter but I'm sure they see it all!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Our beautiful girl sadly born sleeping April 2012

Sponsored Links

Peytons-Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 12:49pm
Yeah, I'm sure they do see it all.
In all honesty, I think I would have driven my MW crazy with all my questions & worries, which is why this site is so wonderful! If I had questions, I asked them on here... and it was always so reassuring to have people experiencing the same things at the same time as you! This goes all the way through too, even with solids, teething etc.
I find it sad that OB is starting to quieten down, which I think is because alot of the groups move to facebook.
I guess you get privacy on FB that you don't get here. (haha, I say as I am "hiding" so people don't know who I am yet!)

I hope you like the MW, I was recommended mine, and she sounds lovely, so fingers crossed I will like her. She is going to give me forms for bloods, and to even book in for my scans, which I guess makes sense since the silly season is upon us.

The stupid multivitamins I got don't have enough FA. Grrr.. they shouldn't be allowed to sell them like that, or should at least have it on the front that it is below the recommended level. I might pop to the chemist & get some FA to tide me over until my MW appointment.

ETA: testing ticker

Edited by Alias

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 1:12pm
Yey for your new ticker!!! Yes I think it is crazy the pregnancy vitamins don't have enough FA, I guess they assume you will take additional with medical advice but it is annoying that they don't include it all.

I have to say that I have found this site such a great support, I really don't think I would have got through the last year without the fab gals on here, especially in the charting thread (I know some of you are lurking ).

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Hun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:06pm
hey gals just lurking :)

MIW just be careful with the elevit cos its got folic acid and iodine in it already - you don't want to double up too much...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:11pm
I'm not sure about the iodine, but having just got back from the pharmacy I was told it is ok to take more than the 800mcg of folic acid. You just pee out any extra not needed.
I got some tablets to take on top of the blackmores.
My MW will prescribe me what I need long-term next week.

Edited by Alias

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:15pm
Thanks Hun, yeh I had also been told that taking more then you need is OK and doesn't cause any harm. My doctor recommended the Elevit and she prescribed the others so I can't be overdosing too much

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 4:19pm
**lurker in**

hi ladies - i am in the 2ww so i might join you in a few weeks but just reading your comments i have forgotten all about FA! baby number 2 is starting to get a raw deal and may have only just conceived. **runs away to see if i have any left over FA to take**

**lurker out**
Tissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by MakeItWork MakeItWork wrote:

I wasn't going to get Elevit but it was on offer at the supermarket when I went so I went for it.

*also lurking*
the boxes of elevit in the supermarket isnt the pregnancy supplement one (that costs something around $80 for a box of 100 pills) its their new womens multi vitamin version...I'm not sure if its safe to take when pregnant so you might want to check. I rememeber something about the levels of vitamin A in normal multi vitamins isnt reccomended over a certain mg per day
southerngirrrrl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerngirrrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 6:17pm
*yet another lurker in*

Wishing everyone the best on their pregnancies and safe sound deliveries in August...which by the way is the best month to be born :D
jamsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 6:25pm
Hey girls. I am tentatively lurking but want to wait for bloods before getting too excited. Today is 4wk 1 day and I woke feeling decidedly unPG to be honest. After 3 days of feeling nauseous it was a bit unnerving. Now I have one sore boob and a splitting headache, the later of which I have decided is from caffeine withdrawal .

I have been taking FA for a year now on Drs advise when I came off the pill. I think it costs $5 or something for a 3 month prescription. Works for me anyways

FX will be here officially soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 7:27pm
Thanks for the well-wishes lurkers!

Yay Jamsta, fingers crossed you will be joining us soon!

ETA: yes, there is definitely 2 types of Elevit, and I think EmptyVessel is right, the pregnancy one is not sold at the supermarket.

Edited by Alias
WilsonPenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilsonPenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 8:35pm
Hello everyone

I am due on August 4th, very exciting. congrats to everyone. we had our first bloods on Friday result 229 and then again Monday and they were sitting at 882 so very positive which is great Thanks FA in chch for all your help and support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 8:56pm
Oh bugger! Thanks for the advice EmptyVessel, I totally just thought there was only one kind of Elevit. I have just checked and it is only a normal women's multi vitamin but no sign of vitamin A. Hhhmm I think I will stop taking it just to be sure, what a waste of money!

Anyway yey Jamsta, I am sooo excited that you are dipping your toe in the water here. I have every confidence that your BT will come back great and you will be a fully fledged member before you know it! Huge congratulations hun! Don't worry about your symptoms coming and going either, I had a couple of days where mine disappeared completely and it is a bit scary but completely normal. Just try and enjoy the days where you feel good!

So we met our midwife this evening and she was lovely. We also got to meet her backup which was a bonus and she was great too. I feel really happy that we have made a good choice. Also she said that I could go for my dating scan at the end of next week so I can't wait for that!! I think I will phone tomorrow and book it for next Friday - yey!!!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 9:00pm
Oh crosspost WP, yey another august gal!! So happy for you and welcome to the group. Is this your first bubs?

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 6:58am
Morning! Welcome WilsonPenn!

Yay for liking your MW MIW! That's awesome! And yay for getting a dating scan! I am really hoping my MW will let me get one!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 8:39am

1st August - MakeItWork #1 - will be finding out!
1st August - Deb #2 - will you be finding out?
4th August - WilsonPenn #1 - will be finding out!
7th August - Alias #2 - will be finding out!
8th August - Jamsta #1 - will be finding out!

SCAN DATES
8th December - Makeitwork - Dating Scan

Edited by MakeItWork

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 8:42am
I thought I would add you new gals to the list (I know you were only tentatively popping in Jamsta so I can take you off for now if you would rather).

I also removed the colour from our names as I thought it could get confusing when we start to label blue or pink further down the track

I hope you are all feeling good today!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

*Deb* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Deb* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 8:59am
Morning ladies - looks like I'll be joining your group - yay!!
We have been trying for nearly 4 years for number two - our DD will be 6y1mth when the new baby arrives - We are sooo excited! Had resigned ourselves to having a singleton which we were fine about except for the fact that she has no first cousins yet (and doesnt look likely to have either)
My baby's DD is 1st Aug (same as you MiW) and all the racehorses too apparently : ) Feeling fine - slightly sore boobs but they get sore when AF is due anyway - only symptom is a 2nd RAGING RED line on HPT - Not sure how long I can hold off the exciting news to friends and fam - though with Xmas coming up I'm sure they may get suspicious - I usually adore my bubbles!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peytons-Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 11:25am
Congratulations & welcome Deb!
Yay, exciting to see our list starting to grow!
So, did the grocery shopping this morning and realised half way through I have to start thinking about what I put in my mouth again! *sigh*
Last time around I missed deli luncheon like crazy! lol.. I know, of all things, I missed luncheon the most!
Oh, and it is going to be painful at christmas when the crayfish comes out.. I think you can actually eat it if it is freshly cooked, but I would rather just not at all. Oh, and the ham off the bone!   Not really a very good time of the year to be pregnant! lol
I actually thought I would be a little more casual second time around about what I ate, but I don't think it is worth the risk.

Edited by Alias

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 11:26am
Yey how exciting, welcome Deb!! Huge congratulations, what a rough long road you have had. It will all be worth it when you have your new little bubs in your arms! And yey for a due date buddy I have added you to the list.

Will you be finding out the flavour?

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 125>