FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 81>
Author
secretlypregnant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secretlypregnant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:12pm
Hi everyone! I just got a BFP today and had to get DH to come home from work to tell him! Not telling anyone else yet - I think I'm due around April 15 but I don't have dates as I'm still breastfeeding my toddler so we 'caught the first egg!'! Very excited to be expecting #2. Hasn't sunk in yet though! Just randomly tested in the middle of the day, not using FMU or anything so it was a surprisingly strong positive!
Sponsored Links

Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:20pm
I think I can hopefully join this group too ladies. I have a son who turned 2 in May and we lost a baby in Feb this year (missed miscarriage at 12 wk scan) followed by D&C which has been very difficult to deal with. We have been trying ever since and I finally got a positive test last Monday!!!! I'm just trying to take things slowly this time and not get my hopes up. I don't have a GP appt until Saturday and will wait until middle of next week to go for a blood test. They reckon the baby we lost died at around 6 weeks, so if we can make it to 7 or 8 weeks, I might be able to relax a little.

Gapling - fingers crossed for your scan!!!!! I have a good feeling for you :)
DS 1 born in May 2010.
Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:22pm
Jessydukes - I gave birth at Birthcare with #1 and highly recommend it. Such a nice atmosphere (particularly if you're like me and don't like hospitals).

I was living in Titirangi at the time and used a midwife from Green Bay Midwives.
DS 1 born in May 2010.
jessydukes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessydukes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:00pm
Congrats Speck & Secret - and thanks for the plug for Birthcare. I think it looks really lovely - not having the epidural option is a bit daunting, but I think I'll get by.

I know how you feel Speck, trying not to get your hopes up - it's really hard though, isn't it? At 5 wks it already feels so real... how could it not stick? I've already told way more people than I should - most of my office know, plus immediate family and a couple of other close friends. Terrible, I know. How have the rest of you been getting on with keeping it under your hat?
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:04pm
Love the list Bobsta! I'm going to 'guess' a due date of April 5th because it keeps popping into my mind. I'll adjust it after the first scan if I'm miles out.

Congrats Speck & Secret!! :)
Speck, my son is also a May 2010 baby were you in the May 2010 group at all? I can't remember that far back now!!
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:25pm

1st - Gapling

1st - Impatientmama

1st - Littlebubble

5th - Newmama

5th - Pinkybar

7th - Jessydukes

11th - Bobsta

14th - Excited2013

15th - Secretlypregnant

?? - E&L+1

?? - Benjilove

?? - Pocohontas

?? - Speck8

Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:33pm

yay yay yay, more people on the list! I feel like doing a little victory dance haha.

Speck I completely understand your feelings as I too went thru the exact same thing and had hyperemesis on top of it all. It's heart breaking to be told at the 12 week scan the baby died at 6/7 weeks knowing that I was in and out of hospital for an extra 5 weeks for nothing. But onwards and upwards right?! I'm sending you lots of warm fuzzy vibes

Jessy my secrecy hat has been well and truly trampled...the way I figured it was if something went wrong, are they the people I happy knowing? The answer was so yes. That and I'm damned useless at keeping secrets!

Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:39pm
Last time, we told absolutely everyone, at like 4 weeks! Ha - I was just so confident that it would stick ya know. This time I've been more reserved and kept it to a few close friends, mostly cos I just don't want to talk about it toooo much and really just wanna get through these next few weeks.

Pinky - no I wasn't in the May 2010 group, but I did lurk in there a wee bit . Think I remember your son was a challenging sleeper, was that right? Hope he has settled down now? My boy is ok on the sleeping front but can be a real handful in other respects. Whilst I didn't initially want a 3yr gap (would've preferred a smaller one), I'm now beginning to think it might be a good idea! DS1 will hopefully be potty trained and that much more independent ya know...
DS 1 born in May 2010.
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:52pm
I have spilled the beans this time but only to a few friends and family. Last time I waited until 3 months.

That's right Speck, my boy was a dreadful sleeper - up to 11 wake ups every night. That is partly why we decided not to have any more children. I was just super tired and over it. We made some changes back in Feb and he has finally started sleeping through the night in the last month or so. Still not every night but he is sooooo much better. I feel like a new person and much more positive about having another baby now.
Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:11pm
OMG that is fantastic Pinky! Sleep deprivation is a killer!!! Super exciting that you are UTD again.

Fingers crossed to us all for sticky bubbas, can't wait for the next 2-3 weeks to be over!
DS 1 born in May 2010.
SoccerMum24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoccerMum24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:59pm
Hey all, just popping my head in here briefly ...got 2 faint lines on dipstick tests on Sun & yesterday, still in disbelief tbh. Last pregnancy ended in miscarriage around 8 weeks, and I have PCOS ...so one day at a time. Booked in to see my GP Thursday morning to confirm and see where to go from here, I was on the pill briefly, and only been off it for a little over 4 weeks, haven't had AF since so no idea where I am in cycle or when we could have even conceived. So nervous and paranoid, having been through the MC last time!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessydukes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:06pm
Soccer - Oh good luck, I hope it's a sticky one. The waiting is the worst part!

Secretly - I did the same thing when I got the positive pee stick, I called hubby and said "Can you come home for lunch please?" I tried to be subtle but he could clearly hear my smile because he knew just exactly why I was calling.
Gapling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gapling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:20pm
Baby GAP is in my uterus!!!!!!!! Massive happy right now. But interestingly the US woman said they measure from embryo transfer not egg collection, so I'm actually around 5 weeks and measuring perfectly for that. So when Fertility Associates call tomorrow to talk about the results, I'll ask about that because I'm so confussed about it. But yay! Not ectopic!!!!!!!!!
TTC since 2009

Severe Endo 3 X ops + Severe MFI

2012-2014 IVF/ICSI x 3 = 6ET's (5MC = 1 BFN)

2015 DS IUI #3 = BFP
2018 DS IUI #2 = BFP

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessydukes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:29pm
Gapling! That's so exciting! Hooray for a sticky baby :) This is fantastic news.
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:34pm
Oh yay Gapling that is fantastic news! I'm really happy for you!!

Congrats on the BFP SoccerMum

Thanks Speck!! I'm excited too and just so happy that my boy is making my life a bit easier now so I feel I just might cope with two after all.
Horse mad mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse mad mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:21pm
After nearly 3 years trying we got the BFP yesterday. I've forgotten all about the emotional roller coaster we've been on just to get here. I hope this new ride goes all the way. I'm starving all the time. Anyone else?

Edited by Horse mad mama
Gapling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gapling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:49pm
HMM welcome!! Next month is 3 years TTC for us too. I'm so sick of being hungry! I eat and an hour or so later I'm so hungry again!! I've been taking snacks with me when i go out!
TTC since 2009

Severe Endo 3 X ops + Severe MFI

2012-2014 IVF/ICSI x 3 = 6ET's (5MC = 1 BFN)

2015 DS IUI #3 = BFP
2018 DS IUI #2 = BFP

newmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:43am
Yay that's such great news gapling so stoked for you

Anybody who would like to join the Facebook group pm me on here with your Facebook name and I'll add you

SoccerMum24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoccerMum24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:48am
I'm driving myself slightly bonkers and overthinking everything at the moment, I did another First Response test this morn and again the second line was so faint ...would have thought after waiting a few days it should be darker/come up faster! am wondering if I'm earlier on than I suspect, and feeling a little apprehensive after what happened last time!

If I ring my GP (shes in a diff town to me as we've moved) can I request she send through blood orders to our Lab Tests here, so when I see her for our appt in the morning she will already have blood results and be able to suss the bigger picture? Or do Dr's generally not do that?
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:32am
SM - I have no idea about the GP sending through the form but it's worth a go!

I think the 2nd line can stay faint for a wee while. So maybe you are just earlier than you thought. Good luck with the blood test!

Congrats HMM!! I'm pretty hungry too. I'm eating up large before the morning sickness really kicks in and I start struggling to eat.

Oh, I must remember to go and get some folic acid - definitely not going to let them talk me into getting elevit this time!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 81>