FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 81>
Author
frangipanigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frangipanigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:42am
Congratulations and Welcome to all the new ladies in here!! So exciting that we are getting lots more mums in here!!!

If you are on facebook come join us over there!!! As newmama said PM her or me and we can add you!!!

I too am very hungry all the time, but also petrified of eating too much and stacking the weight on!! I am finding it quite hard to find easy snacks that i actually feel like eating!
1st round IVF 7 Eggs, 6 fertilised, 1 transferred with 5 on ice!    

Sponsored Links

Cookie1293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie1293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:22am
Hi ladies, I did a HPT yesterday and got our first BFP. We have been trying for 11 months - so we are stoked. I think I will join the FB group too, once I've been to the doctor and everything fully confirmed.

Congrats to everyone on here!
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:37am
oh yay!! Cookie Congrats!!
We tried for about 11 months before deciding I would go on the pill. Now another year later I'm pregnant out of the blue. Funny how these things happen!
All the best for your Dr's apt. I really should organise one too!
SoccerMum24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoccerMum24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:10pm
Hey all, went for HCG's just before, hopefully should get the results either later this arvo or tomorrow morning when I see my Dr.

Went down to the chemist to research pregnancy vitamins, can't justify the cost of Elevit! Are any of you taking something asides from the Iodine and Folic Acid the Dr/Midwife gives us? I've ordered in some Clinicians Pregavit, hoping it's as good as it was 6 years ago when I was pregnant with DS.
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:33pm
I just bought some folic acid today. What is the iodine for?
Last time I took Elevit but it ended up a massive waste of money as they are like horse pills and once morning sickness kicked in I just couldn't swallow them any more. I was cutting them up but even half became too much. I am loving the tiny size of the folic acid I got today!
Not taking any multi vits at the moment. I probably won't to be honest since I am such a bad pill taker.
SoccerMum24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoccerMum24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:00pm
Iodine is for brain development...seems to be a new thing they've brought in, I didn't get told to take it with my sons pregnancy.
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:13pm
ahhh, interesting. I didn't take it last time either.
Tinkerbelle118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:57pm
Hi all. I'm happy to be joining this thread after doing an HPT yesterday. Very strong actually and was a little surprising... I thought I had AF Sun but then it stopped Monday, must have been implantation bleeding as was dark brown.

I have a 14 month old son and had 3 miscarriages before having him so still a little anxious. We were planning to wait to try until end of year but we were'nt careful one night and it just happened to be on day 14 of my cycle! Only had AF back for 2 months...

I'm due 14/4/13 :)

Really happy for everyone else and especially Gapling as it looks like you've had a rough journey, but this will be the one!
frangipanigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frangipanigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:49pm
Just to let everyone know that if you want to join the facebook group it is totally private which means all your other facebook friends cannot see you have joined it or anything that you post in there.
If you want to join please PM me or Newmama with your full name and what your profile picture is on facebook!
1st round IVF 7 Eggs, 6 fertilised, 1 transferred with 5 on ice!    

littlebubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:10pm
Congrats to all the new mums who have recently joined our group :) Its starting to get much bigger!

Huge congrats to Gapling! So happy for you
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:29pm
Congrats Tinkerbelle! I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago - thought I had AF then next day nothing. I wish I could remember when exactly that was so I could guess my due date a bit better but at the time I never even thought it could be implantation.

littlebubble - I love your name! hehe. adorable!
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:38pm

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't updated the list, I will do it really soon. Awesome to see some more BFP's in here. Welcome to all

Gapling...I am sooo happy things are looking so good for you!

I'm having a really rough day today, emotions all over the place and feeling really insecure and scared. Happy one day and crying the next. Already throwing up with ms. sh*t.   

Got blood results, 1554 HCG. Is that good for this time? I have no idea.

Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Horse mad mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse mad mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:47pm
Congrats to all and thanks for the warm welcome. Fortunately I know exactly when I conceived because it was by iui. We were lucky as we got the BFP first time. I too am so worried about putting on weight. Hubby said 'you're not going to get fat are you?' I wanted to hit him ;-) please share ideas for healthy lunches and snacks. Take care, all.
littlebubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:17pm
Hey pinky bar thanks its actually the name of my shop on www.felt.co.nz thought it suit very well here aswell though!

In regards to healthy lunches I've been eating alot of fruit seems I cant get enough of it!

Other ideas are:
-any type of sandwich minus cold meats
-soup
-pasta
-salad

hope that helps abit

Edited by littlebubble
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:21pm
Aww Bobsta, hang in there, it does get better! I also go through waves of emotion - especially in bed at night. I start to worry and get nervous. I also get really vivid dreams which are not always happy ones!

I have no idea about the HCG levels but 1554 sounds like a lot! :)

I have been a bit naughty with food but the 'good' things I have been having are fruit pots (in juice), couscous (because it's so quick), tomatoes on toast (I can't get enough of them), and some low fat muesli bars. Oh, and bowls of special K and not just for breakfast!

I am struggling to remember what the banned foods are... I must find a list and refresh my memory.
Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:29pm
So excited!! faint line on Sunday, clear one on Tuesday. Confirmed by doctor by Tuesday afternoon.
Now i think I'm in shock because it's actually real!!
Congrats too all you other lucky women in here :-)
Never done this before so I'm a little unsure of the logistics. Is there anyone here who might be on round two or three who might be able to give some advice? Doctor took one look at the stick and confirmed pregnancy. She prescribed me folic acid and iodine and then pretty much sent me on my way with a form for some blood tests and a scan at 7 weeks.   No physical exam or anything..... whole appointment was over within 10 minutes. Is that normal? So what now?   do I just wait and see how the scan turns out? I have heard that you should get a midwife straight away but as the doctor didn't mention anything about that I'm not sure if i'm supposed to.... should I wait until I see Dr again after 7 weeks to make any further plans?    PS I think i'm due the same day as you tinkerbelle118 :-D
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:38pm
Congrats Lewlew!!

My Dr's apt with my son was similar to yours... took my word for the positive home test, gave me script for folic acid, and sent me for bloods. I didn't get a 7 week scan - my first was at 12 weeks.

I never went back to the dr after that. Found a midwife and then our first meeting wasn't until around 14 weeks and we went over the results from the 12 week scan then.

Yes, start looking for a MW now - it can be a frustrating job. My dr gave me a list of local MWs but you can search for them online. You could even ask a question on the forum for suggestions for a MW in your area.

Edited by Pinkybar
Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:53pm
Thanks Pinkybar :-)   It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who gets the nervous jitters either lol
benjilove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjilove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Bobsta Bobsta wrote:

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">1st - Gapling

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">1st - Impatientmama

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">1st - Littlebubble

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">5th - Newmama

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">7th - Jessydukes

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">11th - Bobsta

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">14th - Excited2013

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">?? - E&L+1

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">9th - Benjilove

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">?? - Pocohontas

<FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">?? - Pinkybar

Edited by benjilove
benjilove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjilove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:31am
Im due April 9th :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 81>