FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 81>
Author
Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:28am
Congrats to everyone, especially those women who have been trying for ages!! How exciting
Weighed myself this morning. Lost 2kg in 10 days :-S   No wonder I feel like I've been hit by a truck.
Is anyone else in Ellerslie or near who has already booked a midwife?   Any recommendations?    
Sponsored Links

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:45am

Congrats Lewlew! Yeah my first GP visit was about 10mins. They did another test, gave me a script to do bloods and I asked me a second one to check the HCG levels a few days later. She also gave me a list of local midwives and did advise to organise one asap. That's was it. I went back and got a pregnancy pack though as a friend said they are supposed to give that to you too. So if you didn't get that go back and ask for it. It has lots of good info in it. I've already got my first appt with a midwife next Thursday which is 6 weeks for me, as I've had a missed miscarriage before so want to have an early scan at around 7 weeks so I don't have to wait till 12 weeks to be told it's "not a viable pregnancy". Don't ya just love the language they use! The gynae at the hospital later said " don't worry, we'll suck it out for you". OMG!   I could have punched her!  It's a good idea if you ring a midwife as soon as you can, some places get booked up pretty quick. I hope all goes well for you and you're not the only one feeling the jitters, it's a nerve wracking time waiting to know all is well!

Thanks so much Pinky, reassuring to know the changes in emotions are normal. I'm feeling much more balanced today. Had my second BT this morning and get the HCG result this afternoon so if it's up again then things looking really good I think.

I think part of my anxiety is becuase me and my man haven't even moved in together yet LOL. I've been living out of a bag at his place for ages and can't even remember when I last spent the night at my place. We were planning on getting our own place but just hadn't quite got round to it! Kids were on the agends for next year so things just moving a bit quicker than planned! That and it's taken me by surprise how quickly things change. The eating, the hormones, the boobs, the throwing up, the tiredness...you get the idea  We looked at places last night so I'm feeling much more secure now.

Ok will go update the chart now

Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:58am

1st - Gapling

1st - Impatientmama

1st - Littlebubble

5th - Newmama

5th - Pinkybar

7th - Jessydukes

9th - Benjilove

11th - Bobsta

14th - Excited2013

14th - Tinkerbelle118

14th - Lewlew

15th - Secretlypregnant

?? - E&L+1

?? - Pocohontas

?? - Speck8

?? - SoccerMum24

?? - Horse mad mama

?? - Cookie1293

To update click on the "QUOTE" icon at the top right of this post. Then delete the [QUOTE] pieces at the beginning and end of the post. Add in the changes then simply click "Update Post"

Other wise PM me (Bobsta) what you want to update and I'll add it in for you  

Edited by Bobsta
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 11:57am
Thanks for your feedback and advice Bobsta :-)   Sent a few tentative emails off to some local midwives to get the ball rolling. Will be interesting to see if I get any replies.
I was really surprised to find out first scan was in only a few weeks!! seems so early. Very excited but trying not to be just in case it's not a 'sticky one' (as others in this forum have referred to it as)
Know what you mean about being caught off guard....it was on our next year list too lol.
Good luck with the house hunting, I'm sure you'll feel much better when you have little nest :-)
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 1:09pm

Aww thanks! I had a look on trademe and there's quite a few nice places I can see will be 'our home'. yay yay yay!

Sometimes I wonder if it's best to ring midwives directly as I think as they tend to be busy and all over the place. I'm sure you find a nice one soon. I got a good recommendation fro one but she is very popular. I've left her a message today so hopefully she'll call me back soon and she's not already booked up.

Good luck with your scan Lewlew...you should get a preggy ticker so we can see how far along you are  

Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:45pm
OMG OMG OMG, just got my HCG results and went from 1554 on Monday to 5039 today! YAYAYAYAY, I'm am soooooooo relieved it looks like this one is a goer!! I feel like doing a victory dance!
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Cookie1293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie1293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 4:59pm
That's great news Bobsta - gosh makes me a feel a bit hopeless as can't get a doctor's appointment until next week!

Would I get two HCG tests done too?
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:49pm
Oh wow! Great news on the HCG levels Bobsta!

Cookie - I think it depends on your MW and how closely she/you wants to monitor the levels. I don't remember getting any done - apart from the initial blood test.

I phoned my MW but she was busy at the time. I got the impression she will be able to take me though. I probably won't see her until around 13 weeks but I will pleased to have a MW sorted.
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:00pm
Thanks Cookie. Gosh next week? Holey moley that's ages away. When you go and they give you the form for the antenatal bloods, ask them for a second form to do the HCG again 48-72 hours later. And make sure they give you the preggy pack!!! The only reason I got extra bloods done though was because of my past mc.

I got a call back from the midwife that was recommended but she's going overseas the week before my due date! BUGGER! But funny as my second choice is actually the woman who works alongside her so she's passed my details on to her. She also booked me in already for an 8 week scan! It's a shame she's not available as I really liked her.

Thanks for the reassurance Pinky, you seem like such a pro at this!

Edited by Bobsta
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

AllNew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllNew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:35pm
I had my blood results back today and all is looking good. They didn't mention HCG levels though? I'm feeling good so far, just a little tired :-)
Forgot to say on my first post too, that I'm due 6 April.

Good luck to all of you. I've got my fingers crossed for us all :-)

Edited by AllNew
Tinkerbelle118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:01pm
Yay for being due date buddies lewlew :) I went to doctors today and it was only about 10 mins too. She didn't give me follow up blood tests but I may request them. Gave me bounty pack, folic acid and iodine (which is new as I didn't take with DS in 2010/11) and just took my word on home preg test. Oh and she offered a 6 week scan due to previous miscarriages so I was happy about that.

I'm hoping I can have the same midwife as last time, but we moved suburbs so may not be possible. Will call tomorrow.

I'm feeling a little tired too. I'm still breastfeeding DS to sleep so not sure how that's gonna work with preggy belly and/or baby... Might have to wean him sooner than I thought :(

Yay for good HCG increases Bobsta!! So exciting :)
Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 10:25pm
Welcome to the new peeps, this group is definitely getting bigger.

Anyone know whether the FB group is different to this one? I got a bit confused about all of that.

I am trucking along, counting the days as they go by. GP appt on Saturday and will get a referral for either a blood test or a dating scan. By my calculations, I will be 6 weeks on Monday so will try and wait till around 8 weeks to go for the scan. With the baby I lost, I saw the heart beat at the dating scan and it was 6wks 2days old. After the D&C they said the bubs died at about 6 weeks so must've been just after my scan. So I'm pretty paranoid about the 6 week mark. Plus I've heard if you can make it to 8 weeks, your chances of keeping the bubs are heaps higher. I would hate to get my hopes up again at a dating scan, only to find out at the 12 wk scan that I'd lost it. So if I I'm going to lose it, I'd rather know at the earlier scan ya know. Sorry for the ramble
DS 1 born in May 2010.
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:04am

1st - Gapling

1st - Impatientmama

1st - Littlebubble

5th - Newmama

5th - Pinkybar

6th - Allnew

7th - Jessydukes

9th - Benjilove

11th - Bobsta

13th - Pocohontas

14th - Excited2013

14th - Tinkerbelle118

14th - Lewlew

15th - Secretlypregnant

?? - E&L+1

?? - Speck8

?? - SoccerMum24

?? - Horse mad mama

?? - Cookie1293

To update click on the "QUOTE" icon at the top right of this post. Then delete the [QUOTE] pieces at the beginning and end of the post. Add in the changes then simply click "Update Post"

Other wise PM me (Bobsta) what you want to update and I'll add it in for you  

Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:15am

Speck I'm totally with you on that one. I decided to have my early scan at 8 weeks too for the exact same reason. Feel free to ramble away anytime too

Sorry allnew I didn't have you on the chart but I've added you in...welcome!!!!!

Not sure about the FB group but Pocohontas is going to add me in. I'm a long time OhBaby user from when I did charting several years ago so I prefer to stay in here I think.

Boy last night my emotions were all over the place. I even threw something at my poor man!!! I was feeling so ill I couldn't sleep till 3am, now I'm soo tired and can't be bothered going to work. I will, but might do a short day. I have a feeling my ms is going to get bad. I already changed my work hours so I could finish earlier as it hits me in the afternoon. Sigh. Can't wait for the 2nd trimester, wish I could fast-forward through this part.

Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:21am
Yay for Bobsta!!! :-D   what a relief with the HCG levels

Thanks for the rundown on your doc appoint tinkerbelle118.   I've come to the conclusion that just no news is good news in this business lol.   Dr has never phoned back with blood results (said she would only contact me if there was a problem) so I'm guessing after 4 days of no news it must be all go!??

I think I booked a midwife yesterday.....not sure how confirmed it is though. She said to phone back at week 8 and make an appointment to see her. Yay, that's a relief. Haven't met her but she sounded great on the phone so guess if it turns out we don't mesh, week 8 wouldn't be too late to change. Until a couple of days ago, i had no idea you needed one so early!   I'm disgusted by how niave I am about this whole business. Glad I've got you lot to set me straight

Edited by Lewlew
Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:51am
Just got curious and called clinic. It's official :-) HCG was at 70 one or two days before my period was due. Won't be having any further readings done at this stage..... oh and I don't have HIV. Well that's nice to hear ..... thanks nursy!!

Edited by Lewlew
jessydukes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessydukes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:56am
Yay Lewlew! That's really awesome :) It's nice to have confirmation, my husband wouldn't believe the home pregnancy tests (we tested early - twice - and they were both definitely positive but a little on the faint side) but got excited as soon as we got our blood test results back.
Gapling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gapling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:12am
I don't understand why you ladies with natural PG only get one BT. You actually need at least 2 or 3 to make sure the HCG is increasing the way it should. It seems GP's are way to relaxed! Or maybe I'm just used to the heavy monitoring.
TTC since 2009

Severe Endo 3 X ops + Severe MFI

2012-2014 IVF/ICSI x 3 = 6ET's (5MC = 1 BFN)

2015 DS IUI #3 = BFP
2018 DS IUI #2 = BFP

Lewlew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:57am
Yes, I somewhat agree Gapling. It is a little unnerving to have only one blood test ..... i think i would like to see evidence of the levels rise just for peace of mind at least! I was also surprised that she sent me off for tests before my period was even due.
Perhaps I smelt pregnant lmao
Oh well, i guess it's just a waiting game for all of us now ....
Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:57am
Gapling, I think for natural pregnancies, GPs just use the blood test to confirm the pregnancy and also to do the other checks (rubella etc). However if the HCG levels are low for how far along you are then I think they send you for another couple of tests - at least that's what they did with my first.

But yes you're right, you're probably used to being so closely monitored :) When is your next scan?
DS 1 born in May 2010.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 81>