FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
Author
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 5:14pm
Hi everyone :) Those who are spotting- Try not to panic! My best friend who is currently pregnant had spotting quite badly for weeks and weeks. She's currently doing great :) Kalika, Find a midwife first really, they book up insanely fast, especially if your in a main city :)
Jane period type is pretty normal. usually you shouldn't worry unless the pain is really bad or is coupled with bleeding :)
As for us, just found out a friend is 12 weeks pregnant. Feeling a bit envious that she has a healthy pregnancy and we're still waiting to find out if ours is even viable :(
Welcome to all the newbies! If anyone wants me to update the list just shout out and I shall :)
Sponsored Links

Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 5:15pm
Hey Ladies, another member joining here! Tentative due date of 15th May based of my last AF date but hopefully will be having a dating scan in the next week or two (probably closer to the two )

Going to call MW tomorrow as from my last 2 pregnancy's I've had 2 MC and 2 small babies. Not sure if I'm supposed to be referred to the high risk clinic or not.

This will (hopefully) be my 4th and final baby. I don't think I will be able ton relax until after the 12 weeks scan as I was 12 weeks last time when I had the MC.

Looking forwards to getting to know you all. Too early for a FB page??
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:20pm
Thanks mum2ollie I live in a small rural town 45 mins from Chch so not sure if that will make things harder or easier!

FX for everyone with confirmations etc coming up!
janeyinsaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeyinsaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:27pm
thanks mumtoollie its just my first so all nerves and dont want anything to go wrong..... taken so long to get preg and with family history not the best.
JaneyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 8:27am
Hi all, wow I feel better after reading all the posts on here about feeling nervous....I am 6 weeks and 4 days down with my first and really feel in the dark about alo of things. My GP was'nt very helpful was I supposed to get any information from her regarding what I can and cant eat? timeline for scan's, blood tests??? I have had one scan confirming I was 5 1/2 weeks, with yolk sack etc that is in the right place, and one set of blood tests which I am assuming everything is fine with as I have not heard back from GP??????
Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 8:41am
JaneyG, in my experience most (but not all) GP's know little other than the basics when it comes to pregnancy. You would be best to book yourself in with a MW (if you haven't already) and he/she will advise you about all of that stuff.

AFM, I left a message with my old midwife today so hopefully I'll be getting a scan soon, maybe a week on Thursday when I should be nearly 7 weeks along.

Edited by Pepsicle - 10 September 2012 at 8:42am
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 10:43am
Hi all :)
Just found out my best friend had a brilliant 12week scan. So happy for her! Can't think of anyone that deserves a baby more than her and her DH.
Janey It's best to just get a midwife. GPs can be pretty bloody useless.
AFM, Still feeling very pessimistic about how things are. Just feel pretty hopeless :'(
Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 11:59am
Oooh got a MW appointment next Tuesday to decide if I'm being referred through to the high risk clinic or not. Excite! It's REALLY happening!!!
peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:04pm
such exciting stuff happening :)

I'm still feeling pretty good, having today off (good thing about working from home) a bit tired, I had hideous morning sickness with my little miss but nothing as yet. So hopefully I won't get it this time...wishful thinking I know.

Usually MW does bloods first and then if you need a dating scan will organise that for you JaneyG otherwise if you are sure of your dates then they usually wait til the 12 weeks nuchal scan :)

I am going to start the search for a MW this week but I am petrified I had a really bad experience with my last MW and before then I was just going through my GP but I can't go through her now :( Not so sure about MW's at the moment.
Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:24pm
I think I'm being a little dense....where do I add my ticker? FAQ's on here say click on 'Profile' and then add to the 'signature' area.....but there's' not signature area!!

Edited by Pepsicle - 10 September 2012 at 12:24pm
Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:39pm
Pepsicle go into member control panel, then the first option 'edit profile', then scroll down to signatureSmile 
Angel1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 1:05pm
Hi everyone, got second HCG results back today, looking good, numbers have doubled within 48 hrs, still a tad paranoid as I had a tubal reversal a couple of years ago so am freaking a bit, I have a scan on Thursday to make sure it is in the right place, fingers crossed.

Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 1:16pm
Thanks ;) ETA - Is anyone else simply EXHAUSTED? I can hardly get through my working day today!

Edited by Pepsicle - 10 September 2012 at 2:07pm

Josh 08/04/04
Angel baby 09/05
Harry 18/12/06
Liliana 03/01/10
Angel baby 05/12
peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 3:35pm
YES! I am SO exhausted! I didn't realise it could hit you so easy. Do you work fulltime Pepsicle?
Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 3:37pm
All the best for your scan on Thurs Angel. 

Yep i'm exhausted too, a write off in the afternoons so trying to get everything done in the mornings.  
Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 3:40pm

1st May - gypsynita #3 - Finding Out!!
2nd May - JaneyG #1 - Will you be finding out?
6th May - MakeItWork #1 - Finding Out!!
8th May- Mum2Ollie #3 - Finding Out!!
8th May - Angel1974 # 2 - Will you be finding out?
9th May - curlysue #2 - Surprise!!
9th May - Jas2010 #2 - Will you be finding out?
10th May - Smurfette88 #1 - Finding Out!!
10th May - BakingFairy #1 - Surprise!!
16th May - Peaches21 #5 - Finding out

Scans/MW apps

MakeItWork - Dating Scan & OB Appointment 20th Sept
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 3:58pm
I'm not exhausted but feel really anxious in my stomach, not so much like feeling sick but Canterbury ppl will know what I mean, its like earthquake dread. A friend of mine texted me this morning she went on a rafting trip on Wednesday and turns out they had a major accident, boat/raft overturned and stuck, lost half their stuff. 3 girls had to be air lifted out by helicopter and she's been treated for hypothermia. She's asked me to stay 2nite which i will but she's really intense at the best of times so its going to be an interesting night.
peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 4:39pm
kalika that must have been awful news, I hope everyone is ok.
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 4:42pm
Hey ladies. Had a doctors app today to go over my scan. She said everything looks perfectly fine for less than six weeks (yay) BUT I have low throid (mine is 8.5 should be a minimum of 9) which can cause miscarriages plus I have low iron and the beginnngs of thrush apparently. So that was great. Has anyone else had the low thyroid thing before???
Smurfette88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfette88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 4:45pm
Oh no Kalika thats terrible news.

I havent had many symptoms, besides, painfully tender boobs, and being a little more tired than usual. no sign of dreaded MS yet, when will it hit if it hasnt yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>