FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 33>
Author
MakeItWork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:23am
Morning everyone and welcome to all the newbies!!! Wow I have been busy so not had much chance to get on here and when I do there are so many new 'faces' yay!!

Sorry to hear that your scan didn't go to plan m2o!! I would have been really annoyed about that and I think I would have gone and had another straight away somewhere else! Try not to worry about things too much I'm sure your little bean is tucking away perfectly in there. The accuracy of scans is really not great and they say to allow about 4 days either way that they can be out so it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong just because it was a bit smaller than expected. I hope you aren't getting too stressed and if you are I would suggest that you just go for another scan ASAP so that you can see that little fluttering heartbeat and have your mind set at ease. Big hugs hun, it's not an easy time, especially when you come across somebody as useless as that doing your scan - gggrrr!

I hope everyone else is doing well, do we have any more scans booked in yet?

I wasn't going to have a MW this time as I will be under the care of the high risk clinic at Auckland hospital but I have now decided to try and get one. The main reason is for the post birth care as I want to feel comfortable with the person coming to do home visits and know them before they just turn up. I have had a community MW visit before and she was not great and seemed like she couldn't be bothered to be there so I don't want that again even if she was a one-off. It is hard to find a MW though as I live in West Auckland and all the MWs out that way only tend to birth at Waitakere or North Shore and I will have to birth in Auckland. I will try a couple more but if I don't have any luck then I have a back up plan with a West Auckland MW who has said she will just do the post-birth care and we can meet a few times before to get to know each other. She was a friend's MW and seems lovely so that will be a good backup plan.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I hope you all have a good hump day!

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Our beautiful girl sadly born sleeping April 2012

Sponsored Links

Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 12:07pm
MIW, I have gone with the Birthcare MW's again. I plan to birth their but there is a high possibility I will be induced before my due date and then will have to give birth at Auckland too. The whole point of my MW appointment next week is to determine if I get referred straight through to the High Risk Clinic or we wait and see how things go.

Hopefully I'll be having a scan in the next week or so, need to make sure everything's OK this time.

Josh 08/04/04
Angel baby 09/05
Harry 18/12/06
Liliana 03/01/10
Angel baby 05/12
dottydot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottydot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 1:09pm
I hope everything is okay for you Pepsicle!
I am meeting my MW for the first time on the 24th, she sounds lovely and I hope I like her in person - I don't want to have to hunt around for one.

Just got my results for my HCG test yesterday, (6w 4 days) which was 141,000 - is that way high off the charts for that early?? Ie- could it be twins? Anyone know?
Last week it was 44,900.
Pepsicle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 1:38pm
I believe the numbers are supposed to double within 48hours so sounds good to me and wouldn't necessarily indicate a multiple pregnancy.

Edited by Pepsicle - 12 September 2012 at 1:38pm

Josh 08/04/04
Angel baby 09/05
Harry 18/12/06
Liliana 03/01/10
Angel baby 05/12
Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:09pm
I've started the midwife hunt - it is tricky!! I hope yours is good dotty :) your numbers are definitely very high you lucky thing!

My numbers were 55 at 17dpo and 180 at 20dpo, so not very high, but I am stoked that they're doubling nicely. I'm aiming for about 6k by the time I am 6wks.
I post on this big American baby forum where it is this huge race to get the first and highest hcg results - so I've been feeling down about my numbers - some people have bloods back at 8dpo!! You only start producing hcg after implantation, so that is super early. Another girl questioned the viability of someones pregnancy because it rose from 22k to 52k in four days (just over 5wks for the first test). I wish my numbers were that high!
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:34pm
I won't even get a first blood test till 6 weeks, is that odd?
Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:09pm
Not really, you are on your first pregnancy, and there is no evidence to suggest that things could turn pear shaped. I get serial bloods because my first pregnancy was ectopic so I am at a higher risk of a second ectopic.
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by dottydot dottydot wrote:

I hope everything is okay for you Pepsicle!
I am meeting my MW for the first time on the 24th, she sounds lovely and I hope I like her in person - I don't want to have to hunt around for one.

Just got my results for my HCG test yesterday, (6w 4 days) which was 141,000 - is that way high off the charts for that early?? Ie- could it be twins? Anyone know?
Last week it was 44,900.

I like this site for beta number comparisons
http://www.betabase.info/

Mine was 430 at 15DPO and 870 at 17DPO. I'll probably have 2 more because I'm a panicker and had a bit of spotting last weekend.
peaches21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaches21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:47pm
I haven't had bloods and haven't got a MW yet. I'm having trouble finding one, West Auckland doesn't have THAT many when you really look. I'm going in to see my old one (GP) next week and see if she can take me, even though it means travelling to North Shore for the appointments.
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 7:17am
Thank Mintyfresh, good to know

I called the local midwife yesterday - there is only one so was an easy choice. Yay! Meeting with her next Wednesday after work.

Is anyone else doing odd things? Hubby found the vege juice in the coffee cup cupboard yesterday morning and this morning I can't for the life of me find the eye makeup I wear EVERY day. It's vanished. Very strange! lol
dottydot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottydot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 9:09am
peaches21 - contact MAMA Maternity (google them) and they can send you a very comprehensive list of midwives in your area :)

The only reason I am having weekly HCG bloods is because I had a miscarriage in March, but everything seems great this time around :)
MakeItWork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MakeItWork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:07am
peaches21 I was hoping to use Ann Stormont but unfortunately she only births at Waitakere. She is really lovely (I've spoken to her quite a bit and she was a close friend's midwife). She is based in New Lynn. If you wanted her number I could find it for you.

TTC Since Oct 10 - PCOS

Our beautiful girl sadly born sleeping April 2012

Smurfette88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfette88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:30am
Is there any reason some of you ladies are having scans so early? I am 6 weeks tomorrow and I already have a midwife, but I am only having my first scan at 12 weeks? should I be asking for a scan earlier or does that sound right to you ladies?

I have my first MW appointment just after I hit the 8 week mark but she said we would not be having a scan.

I have gone and had my booking bloods done which i guess is a good thing, but thats about it. does this all sound normal to you ladies?
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:35am
Hey ladies. I'm not having serial HCG done this time. I chose not to as I'm a huge worrier so didn't Want to spend twelve weeks analyzing numbers lol. First preggo symptom last night. Felt like someone was squeezing my boobs in a vice. Has anyone broken out in rashes? My thighs have the most painful rash. Looks like eczema all over the top. I've tried my sons eczema cream, moisturisers, savlon and paw paw but it just results in burning pain. Rash appeared shortly after getting my BFP. Found out another friend is pregnant so feeling a bit crap. I just want our little bean to be safe! Good luck to everyone trying to sort LMCs. I think we are going to do shared care with our GP as she is really lovely and cause you don't just pick a midwife here. Could someone add that I have a scan on the 21st to the list?? Am on my iPod so it's a pain on the proverbial.
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:37am
Smurfette unless there is cause for concern or you dont know you last AF then you don't scan til twelve weeks. I've had a m/c and dont know last AF for def so I'm having an early scan.
Smurfette88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfette88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:39am
oh ok, well i was tracking when we conceived so Yea i knew that infor, thats good to know thanx M2O i got a little worried lol, but if thats all normal then great!!

starting to feel a bit of nausea coming on now but nothing a ginger and lemon tea cant fix
Angel1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 6:32pm
Hi Ladies, went for my first scan this morning,had to have early scan as I had a Tubal Reversal a couple of years ago and needed to make sure pregnancy isn't ectopic, yey it's in the right place, we only saw the sac and technician thinks im somewhere in my 5th week, I was unsure as to the start of my LMP so thats all good with me :)Having another scan in two weeks so hope to see more then.

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 7:12pm
Weird, I thought 6/7 weeks scans were the norm as well! I had one last time and will again this time, but I've had a miscarriage and some slight spotting with this pregnancy.

I don't know what to do about a midwife, I kinda don't care as terrible as that is! I had a crappy experience with one midwife last time who was all about talking about my "eating issues" (yeah, just because I'm overweight doesn't mean I have eating issues) and made some comments about how soon I'd need 2 people to help me get out of bed!!! OMG, it was terrible, I left and just cried. So I dumped her at 20 weeks.
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 7:36pm
That sounds terrible JadeC.. there must be some in your area who come with good recommendations?
Angel1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 8:13pm
Oh that is horrible Jade, what a cow! Good luck with this one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 33>