FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome September 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 26>
Author
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 8:51am
Have sent you a pm kalika

Sponsored Links

Catherine107366 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine107366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:27pm
Hi all, I'm new to this and just thought it would be great to connect with others going through the same thing. I'm 12weeks pregnant tomorrow and I hope that means my morning sickness might lessen! This will be my first baby and its all very exciting. I would really like to join if someone could let me know how to do that, that would awesome :)
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 10:21am
Welcome Catherine!

Anybody else got a very sensitive nose still? My sense of smell is still very very high and quite annoying at times. 
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Tui Good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tui Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 1:55pm
Still having the crazy sense of smell too, I can even smell if someone in a car infront of me is smoking. Hopefully it doesn't last for too much longer.

Starting to get bigger too and have resigned myself to not wearing my jeans for much longer, as it is I have to very discretely undo the button when I sit down.
_cat_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _cat_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 2:11pm
Haha I have to do the same thing with my pants! It's bliss when I can take off my work clothes at the end of the day :) and I know what you mean about sensitive smell, my husband can't wear his cologne around me anymore and it drives him nuts.
Ditto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 2:12pm
Hi I finally got around to joining this :) it's pretty cool going through all this together and sharing experiences . I'm due sept 18 with my first baby, so this is all new, exciting and kinda scary at the same time I'd love to join the private group if someone could help me out with how . My scans on the 15th of march , still a while away, I'm counting down till that date
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 1:29pm
HI to all and welcome Ditto and Catherine,
its awsome to see this forum still growning:-)

me too, i m starting to get bigger.... but mainly in the evening.
its quite strange...in the morning, i m fine and look non pregnant, but by late afternoon, my bump starts to pop up...and its definitely quite visible. Yesterday, my dad was over for diner and commented on it eventought i was wearing quite a loose t-shirt.
first i thought it might be that im eating more at dinner and get bloated by the evening....but no, as my little bump pops out already way before dinner.
ITs sort of wierd this variabilily in my size, but on the other hand quite handy as it makes it bit easier to keep my pregnancy a seacret at work during the day for few more weeks:-)

Is any of you experiencing something similar?

Edited by iceland - 04 March 2013 at 1:32pm
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 4:04pm
Hi everyone :)
Yep Iceland I'm definitely bigger by late afternoon, by the time I've eaten dinner I definitely look pregnant! I'm 13wks 3days now so I probably don't really need to hide it so much now though I haven't told many yet. I've been getting a lot of wind too, it's horrible cos I honestly really never get wind except when I'm pregnant! And I'm dying to feel baby move so I lie in bed and feel the kind of popping in my tummy and get excited and then it passes as wind! So disappointing :P I know it's probably a bit early anyway...
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 4:17pm
I also look like I have a pregnant belly going on, however it is all soft and squishy so I can't really blame the baby on it just yet!

Finally finally had the scan this afternoon and all is well. I was SO relieved and I now feel like a massive weight had been lifted of my shoulders. It feels so so so good.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 5:25pm
that so great Sem, lovely news about your scan!!!
and i so understand (as probably all of us here:-) about the weight lifted of the shoulders.

I have still 2 weeks wait before my scan and untill i can see the tiny baby and heartbeat on the screen, i dont want to tell too many people, espec. at work....so hoping my little bump keeps small at least till then:-)   I m on a daily countdown till scan date:-)

Take care everyone and many more happy scans to all who are having one!!
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 8:33pm
So good about your scan Sem!! (photo share!?)

I'm a little the same, feel fatter and more bloated by the end of the day, or after a big lunch lol food is still not bothering me obviously! I'm strategically planning my work wardrobe to help hide any giveaway bump but I think I may have failed last week. Never mind, I keep managing to sidestep work drinks which is lucky, as I'm never one to turn down a wine (until now obviously)

My scan is next Wednesday, hoping all is well and will then tell my manager but want to hold off on telling the rest of my work mates till the last possible minute as I just don't want the attention. I'm still not convinced this pregnancy will run through.

Ps. my phone has stopped letting me post online at the mo - annoying!
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 9:33pm
I only got a crappy print today, not a DVD. Pictures aren't as nice and clear as I remember it from last time either. Will try and scan it later this week though.

I get what you mean about the attention Kalika. I am a bit the same with my work colleagues. I've only told one lady so far and am off work for 4 weeks after this week so have decided I will wait till I am back before telling anybody else. 
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:53am

I know I don't post much in here, I'm more of a lurker. But anyway, I had a miscarriage.

Just wanted to wish you all the best with your pregnancy's and I hope everything goes smoothly for everyone.
Court View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Court Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:00am
Hi everyone Im new to this forum and was wondering how to join.
Im pregnant with my 3rd baby (I have a 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son) currently 13 weeks today - due 10th September 2013.
Even though this is number 3 I thought it would be great to chat with some ladies going through the same experiences as me.
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:29am
Oh nellennium I'm so sorry to hear your news :( miscarriage is so unfair and really sucks how common is. I hope things work out for you in the future :)

Hi Court, you are just a few days behind me :) if you want to join the Facebook group someone can add you (I don't know how ) otherwise just post here whenever you want, doesn't seem like many stick around....

Got my second midwife appt today, maybe ill make the big announcement after hearing the heartbeat today..... My husband is trying to pressure me a bit, but I'm the same as you kalika, still not sure about this pregnancy :( hope it works out though! We had a fight lastnight over finding out the sex, I really want a surprise but he really wants to find out at 20wks.... Ill probably end up giving in
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 1:43pm
Welcome Court, and hope everyoner s doing great.
Cupcake23, sorry to hear that your had a fight over finding out the sex.
I have a friend who s got a 4 month old baby now and she also wanted a surprise while her hubby wanted to find ou.
In the end, the scan lady wrote the sex on a piece of paper for the husband ...and really till the birth, my friend didnt know the sex of their baby.
Well, it really depends on how reliably the husband can keep the surprise after he finds out, if this is the scanario.
Seem quiete tough, but always an option too.

Not sure if it hepl but thought i write it...
Take care.
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 3:44pm
Haha thanks Iceland! We did discuss that but I just don't know if I could trust him.... He would just play games constantly to make me believe one thing and then the other and he would think he was pretty funny I don't know, I guess one one us will have to give in!
What is everyone else going to do?
My midwife appt was really cool, heard heartbeat straight away and even some big kicks can't wait to feel them!
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 3:58pm
Welcome Court Smile

We are in the same boat he wants to find out, I don't. But since the scan yesterday which made it all so much more real for me I am starting to think there is no way I can wait and not find out... so he may get his way after all lol
If he'd know and I don't I would never hear the end of it and he would tease me all the way till the end. So I'd rather not go there!

Nelliemum - I am so sorry for your loss CryHug

Edited by sem - 05 March 2013 at 3:59pm
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:31pm
Nellenium, so so sorry to hear about your MC. It's very very hard to go through, make sure you go easy on yourself in the coming days, don't feel bad for being upset a lot, I cried for weeks. I treated myself to a piece of jewellery in memory and am so glad I did.

I've got my first MW appt tomorrow, I hope I like her! I really want her to look for a heatbeat to reassure me things will be ok this time, but I worry what if she can't (as sometimes they have trouble with a doppler) and then I'll stress all week until my 12 week scan next week.

Cupcake how far along are you?
jessm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:39pm
Another newbie :) Thought I'd better get around to saying hello.

According to scan dates, I'm due 29 Sep. This is number 2 (number 1 is only 4, despite what ticker says - will have to get around to changing that one day!). Feel very blessed!

Cupcake, I knew someone who did the piece of paper thing too, and it worked for them. But it would drive me nutty too if hubby kept playing games with 'its this... no, its that'. We had a surprise with the first, and I think we'll have a surprise again, although TBH we haven't really talked about it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 26>