FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome September 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
Author
_Ivy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Ivy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 11:18pm
Hi all, sorry haven't posted for a while. Thanks for the tip about Jeans West maternity jeans, I bought some today and OMG they are so comfy! I never want to go back! I am 12 weeks 4 days today, had my scan on Tuesday. It was awesome to see baby, especially because s/he was very wriggly, and seeing movement was incredible! But also annoying as it took the sonographer ages to get the measurements she needed. I think the fatigue and nausea is finally starting to go, touch wood. I was feeling really amazing the other day until I realised, actually, I was just feeling normal, it's just been so long I'd forgotten what it felt like. Anyway hope everyone's doing ok, nearly through the worst!
Sponsored Links

kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 8:36am
Oooh lots of activity here!!

Wow so cool that people are feeling flutters, I can't wait for that, will be amazing. I had my 12 wk scan on Wednesday and I was blown away.. I haven't been overly excited about the pregnancy just in case it all went wrong again, and I had mentally prepared myself for bad news. Coping mechanisms I guess!

So when the ultrasound straight away showed a feisty little kicking, punching baby I was amazed! Speechless even lol I definitely feel like I can relax a bit now, just a bit

RE jeans.. I went and bought some maternity jeans yesterday and liked the Just Jeans ones best over the Jeans West ones. The JJ ones have little stretchy panels and still have a dome, zip and belt loops whereas the JW ones have no dome or zip, just pull up and down and have the big stretchy belly band, BUT they only have them in 'long' in the Riccarton mall store which was so dumb! Anyway Just Jeans were my pick. Just FYI for anyone due to go shopping
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 4:03pm
Congrats on your scans kalika and ivy! It's a pretty amazing experience huh, I'm such a dork always end up crying a lil!
Thanks for your tips about the jeans kalika, I didn't know you could get them at just jeans too. Last time I pretty much just wore pumpkin patch cos I didn't really know what was out there. This time around though I can definitely see the benefits in those ugly big stretchy bands.... There was no way I would even look at anything with those last time but I got huge (and still refused that kind of thing!) and towards the end I always had the buttons digging in, even breaking skin and I had to start wearing a long singlet tucked in all the time cos your tops start hanging off your bump and I was really scared of showing the bottom of my tummy cos that looks hory. And then in my last weeks (and the extra 10days, naughty bubba!) I started popping the buttons on everything....
So I guess that band would stop the risk of the bottom of your tum being on show, and no digging buttons.... Button and fly looks cooler though
Anyway, just my experience
Just in case there are any left that will fit any of you, belly beyond is having a sale and I got 2 hotmilk bras and a hotmilk breast feeding top all for only $10 each this morning! Don't think there is a lot though so good luck, hotmilk bras are so good and still cute and sexy, totally love them!
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 7:24pm
That is probably a very good point about the stretchy bit cupcake! They are really reasonably priced too, 2 x pairs for $100 or $109 depending on which store.
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:49pm
Great news about the scans Kalika and Ivy!!!!
Im finally on "cloud 9" too....had my first scan this afternoon.
It was so great to see the baby is all fine, the heart beating away and the baby was moving and wriggling all the time... moving legs and arm all over the place!!!
I took my mum with me who s over visiting from Europe at the moment and as at her time there were no scans....so she too was beside herself to see the baby in live motion this early.
So, im soooo relived all is good and finally i will feel comfortable telling people that im pregnant!...

Also i told my 2 older children who are 6 and 4 and my daugher was saying "i knew there s a baby in you tummy"...and my son was already wondering where s the baby going to sit at dinner as there are only 4 chairs at our dining table.... chi:-)   so, cute!

Hope everyone is doing well,... with morning sickess and nauseu fading away!!! and good luck for those who have their scans coming up too!!!
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 7:03pm
Yay good news iceland! My mum felt the same way with the scan video, I emailed her the videos and she was amazed at the technology as they had nothing like that when she was having kids.

Is everyone doing a FB announcement? I'm still not ready to tell people! Even work.. but I won't be able to hide it from them too much longer as most of my clothes are resaonably well fitted
Tui Good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tui Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 7:47am
We wont be doing FB announcements but that just b/c of my SIL who is struggeling with IVF and we dont want to make her feel worse than she already does.
I also personally like the idea of telling people to their face, even though some of my friends might not find out till they see me and I have a bump.

Ivy, taking your mum for the scan sounds so nice. We have our first scan on Friday morning and are getting pretty excited/nervous for it. I cant wait to send the picture/video if we get one to my dad in Australia, he'll be pretty stoked.

I just developed the worst head cold/flu over the weekend but cant take any time off work this week so am living on tea with honey. Is there any safe medicines I can take that will help. I've never been able to take panadol as it actually leaves me feeling nauseaus a lot of the time.
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:16pm
Hey everyone
Yay we've had rain here! So now we are surrounded by mud instead of dust
I did a Facebook announcement, mainly for extended family and friends that we hardly see, told everyone important either to their faces or email/Skype for the ones that aren't local. Got our 2yr old to pose for a pretty cool photo for the announcement so that was fun

Oh it sucks being sick when you're pregnant! I don't know of anything you can take while pregnant, I'm the overly cautious type though! Your midwife might know of something. I just drank hot lemon honey drinks while preggers with my son, mostly cos they are yummy though good luck for your scan on Friday!

Felt flutters for the first time yesterday!! I'd had a really sore tummy so it was pretty relieving! And so exciting!

So I think we have come up with a plan for finding out/not finding out the sex... Get the person doing the scan to write the sex on a piece of paper and put it in a envelope (without telling either of us) and then my husband reckons that if we stick it on the fridge I will open it within 3 days-haha which just gives me more determination not to! So I might get my way.... In a way
Chells View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 3:55pm
Hey everyone!! It's so good to read everyones progress! :)

I haven't posted for ages, morning sickness, fainting, and tiredness - with an active toddler in tow, doesn't always leave me much time to post here, yet I seem to find time for FB! lol...anyway I am sorry to say that I will be leaving the September group, moving over to October! We had what was supposedly our 13 week scan on the 4th March, only to discover that I was only 9 weeks! One healthy bubba tho, due on hubbys birthday :). It was a bit deflating hearing I was only that far along as I was hoping the morning sickness would be ending soon haha...

Cupcake, I really like your plan for finding out/not finding out the sex - my Mum would come around and peak though!! Then she'd probably tell us lol!!

We have our 12 week scan next Monday - good luck for September everyone!
IVF#1 - November 2010 = SUCCESSFUL.

<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">[IMG]http://lbdf.li
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 12:34am
Hi all, haven't posted in ages either. We are on holiday atm. 
Kalika - I am so happy to read your scan went well!!!

I didn't know Just Jeans did maternity jeans. Good to know though. I've bought a pair at H&M while over here and will pop back into town later today to grab another pair. They are quite cheap and they have heaps to choose from. 

Am still avoiding bras where I can but it is so cold over here I need every layer possible so will have a look for some new bras or maternity singlets too. 

No flutters here yet. I thought I felt something in bed the other night but nothing since so it must have been something else. Waiting for it very impatiently though!

Still undecided about finding out sex or not. Husband wants too I wanted a surprise but am not sure if I can hold out. I am considering finding out but not telling anybody if we found out and what it is. Not sure if that will work either though. I am terrible with surprises and secrets lol
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
ARL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 7:32am
Hi ladies
I am due with my first baby on 24th September so I'm 14 weeks along! Hubby and I are super excited!!! So far all is well although I did have some bleeding last week which was scary but had an emergency USS and everything looked perfect thankfully!!!! Tummy is starting to expand rapidly so think I will be off to Jeans West this weekend to pick up some so of those maternity jeans!
Tui Good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tui Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:11am
Welcome ARL, I'm 14 weeks with my first too. It's all very exciting.

Went to Jeans West on the weekend and got some coloured maternity jeans for $30, they are clearing the summer stock so all around $30 and you can get other colours online and I'm pretty sure you can still pay for them in store and get free shipping.

Taking daddy-to-be to a cloth nappy workshop next Tuesday, it's strange to be excited about something that will create so much poop & mess, But also so much love. Also just signed up for aqua preggo aerobics, now to just get a swimsuit that will help cover the bump.
_cat_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _cat_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 12:32pm
Hello, I am 15 weeks now, still not really showing so other that the constant morning sickness that has not even slowed down, I don't really feel overly pregnant. I have signed up for my antenatal class now and I'm so excited, mostly about meeting more pregnant people! :)Everything is going pretty well for me, still can't get over my scan a few weeks back, dislike the fact that I have to wait so long to get another one! Is anyone else still having full on morning sickness?
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 12:36pm
Hi everyone, I'm 17wks tomorrow! Felt the first flutters with my son at 17wks, so this bub was almost 2wks earlier :)

Oh thanks got the heads up on the coloured jeans Tui good, will have to try and make it over there this weekend cos I got told in the store a few weeks ago that when you order online you have to pay in AUD!? I was complaining that I couldn't seem to change the currency, but the prices in AUD are the same as the prices in NZ stores so after the currency conversion you end up paying more than you would by going into the store. Hoping she just didn't know what she was talking about....
If you need any advice on cloth nappies I've been using them since our boy was 4mths and I've tried tonnes of different brands :) although I probably haven't brought any in over 2yrs now and there's lotsa new ones out there. Pretty cool to think I won't have to spend any money on nappies this time round, got a pretty good stash :) might splash out on some 'pretty' ones if we have a girl though....

So disliking just looking heavy at the moment, can't wait to actually look pregnant. How much weight has everyone put on so far? I got out the scales but when I weighed myself in the hall (wood laminate floorboards) had put on 4kg so I took them to the bathroom (tiles) cos I was sure that wasn't right and in there I had only put on 2kg so then just for fun I tried them on the carpet and only weighed 45kg! So I'm not sure which is right (guessing the 2kg?)... Very sure on the carpet wasnt right cos there is no way I've lost weight!!
mon2011 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 3:36pm
Hey Cupcake -
I went to jeanswest and got 2 pairs of mat jeans - one pair of coloured ones and one pair of normal ones. However, since Im a shorty they ordered me a pair of the short ones from Australia. I DID have to pay in AU dollars but then they did the conversion and I only paid the remainder for the pair in store - so I still got the 2 for 109 even thought it meant one pair was like 85 bucks... I only paid 20 for the ones I got in store... does that make sense? The pair from Aus came super fast too. :) Very happy with them so far!
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 11:39pm
hi everyone,
great to read all the post...
as to weight, yes, hard surface is best and carpet can be missleading a lot. I m not sure how much i ve put on.... (last time at midwife appoitment at 9 weeks i did lose weight...)...as i dont have scales at home, i ll just wait till next appointement... mainly to use the same scales:-)
Im now 14 weeks and i do look pregnant... had to take my maternity clothes (mainly pants) out of starage ...already!!! i remember previously i didnt really show till 5 months much, so i m thinking....oh...what size i ll get by September!!!
But it s my third pregnancy and i ve just read that in subsequient pregnancies it s normal to show more and earlier then in the previous ones. I also still feel quite nauseus and off food in the evenings...cant wait for this to ease.
and so keen to able to feel the flutters! could be any time soon, as to what you wrote Cupcake!

Lovely Easter to everyone!!!

Edited by iceland - 28 March 2013 at 11:43pm
kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 9:32am
Cupcake I'll be keen for some good cloth nappy reviews, I hate the idea of using disposables for however long you have to do it. And with the new cloth ones it seems so much easier than the bit white triangle from our day of being babies!

Had a good headache yesterday and today, yay, so fun waking up with a headache. Not! Our little dog absolutely cracked us up tho, walked into the lounge with a panadol box in his mouth that he's liberatd from my handbag! Hilarious lol

Re: maternity clothes and weight.. I've got maternity jeans and a skirt for work so far, plus a few tops/tunics/merino dress for winter but haven't had to use them at all. Just pants for work is a problem! I've put on 2-3kg. Before getting pregnant last year my normal weight was 61-62kg. Then while pregnant and after the MC I lost weight, down to 57.6 was my lowest I think, so just back up to 60 now, so not too worried

Hope everyone is having a lovely long wknd!
Tui Good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tui Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 2:52pm
Kalika, have you considered doing a Nappy Lady cloth diaper workshop. I'm doing one tomorrow. It costs about $20 but as it is subsidized by the city councils you get about $100 worth of product and she has all sort of different kinds that you can play around with and see what you think will be best for you.
http://www.thenappylady.co.nz/workshops.asp
Ditto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 3:42pm
That workshop looks really good. The one closest to me is booked out, have to book for one in a few months time. It's good they subside it though, I have no idea where to start with cloth Nappies, it'll be a good starting point
Cupcake23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cupcake23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 4:53pm
Hiya!
The nappy lady workshop is where I got onto cloth nappies, she's really good :) I was totally against cloth until our babe was born and I saw a weeks worth of disposables in the outside bin, was fully disgusting! And modern cloth is totally no hassle and not at all gross. I mainly use tots bots (they do laybuy too I think) they are I think on the expensive side but they are bamboo so very absorbant and totally worth the extra money. Easy for daycare too cos they have Velcro waistbands and are pretty much just like disposables. But I've got lots of others too, the pockets you can get off trade me super cheap are relatively good too, just not so absorbant so leakages were more likely. It was hard with such a skinny boy though, the cheaper ones often didn't have the best fit around the legs. Good to try out a few different brands though dos that's only my opinion....
Anyway, as of yesterday I only have one pair of jeans that fits :(!!! We were leaving to go out and nothing fitted, my 2yr old kept pulling out more pants saying 'are you going to be too fat for these ones too mummy?' So I just went on jeans west site again cos its too much hassle getting there and some of the jeans are only $20!! So I got a few, can't wait til they arrive cos I don't have a lot to wear as most of my old preggy clothes are still a lil big.
Anyone else having flutters yet?
Hope you have all had a good Easter break :) so glad I'm STILL off chocolate so no pig outs here!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>