FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity Direct non-delivery of goods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Victoria102756 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria102756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternity Direct non-delivery of goods
    Posted: 04 January 2013 at 12:14pm
I'd like to know if anyone has had any recent non-delivery of goods from Maternity Direct, or any other similar websites.

I see Maternity Direct has caused concern here in the past, with some posts from 2011.

I'm owed some goods from them, and have discovered the phone number provided won't allow you to leave a message and they don't reply to email inquiries.

Are there any more cowboy websites out there that people have had issues with?
Sponsored Links

Nina106330 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nina106330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:37pm
I too have had a terrible experience, despite reading negative reviews I decided to buy a maternity bra from them, thinking it would be more convenient to buy online than from a physical store. Two weeks after ordering the bra (despite their website stating they aim to deliver in 5 days or would send customers an email if it was going to be longer) it showed up, but in the wrong colour. Despite numerous phone messages left and emails sent, I did not hear anything back from them, so eventually decided to send the bra back. They did refund my credit card but deducted their shipping charge. This annoyed me because I was left out of pocket not only for the original shipping charge but the cost of shipping the item back to them, when it was their error in the beginning. Another gripe is that they charged me $6.50 for shipping, then sent the item in a $4 prepaid NZ post bag. If your item hasn't arrived I would be worried, because on the package they sent me they didn't even bother to stamp it with their name or a return address, so could be sitting in some post office. Who would know. Good luck with getting in touch with them

Kirstie109354 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstie109354 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 12:33pm
oh dear i've made the same mistake

after no shops having my size i found maternity direct site and ordered
payment has come off my card and i emailed last week and no reply
today i googled to find heaps!! of negative feedback
their phone number is invalid too
very worried now .... i'll likely be finished breastfeeding by the time my order shows, if it shows up at all!
bevni442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bevni442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 2:49pm
Uh oh...how do these people manage to stay in business. I ended up getting a refund after I emailed them and told them I had no choice but to write negative reviews on every mother/baby/consumer forum I could find. That seemed to spur them into action (no apology though).
Best of luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstie109354 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 3:23pm
Unfortunately I know someone else that runs their business the same way! Now I know exactly how her customers feel.

You can still practice good customer service when you have an online business.... These women just don't care.
Novbub2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novbub2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 11:07am
DO NOT SHOP WITH THESE PEOPLE! I too have received disgusting service from this company. They failed to deliver the goods, did not return email messages, the phone number didn't even work. They have said they have credited the money to our account...but we are still waiting! They are shocking....anyone researching before buying DON'T USE THEM!
merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:37am
OMG I wish I had read this, I purchased items off them on the 19th Sept and am still waiting can't get hold of them on the phone and so emailed them which the lady responded have you got them now! (had sent the email the same day I sent mine asking where item was so no stupid women I don't!) I can't believe a business would be so slack I'm really hoping to get my items as due in 4 weeks and don't need this crap!
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 1:13pm
This has been going on for so long, Im surprised no ones gone to Fair Go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstie109354 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 1:26pm
I read on a post on one of the numerous complaints about her, that someone contacted fair go in 2011.
I emailed and Facebooked them and have had no reply.

If we all complain to them we might get somewhere

Edited by Kirstie109354 - 05 October 2013 at 1:26pm
Emma_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 9:55am
Wish I had researched this company before making my purchase - 3 weeks later and I still haven't recieved my goods or had replies to emails.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstie109354 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 10:05am
She shouldn't have 5 working days for delivery on her site!!
I hope your sizes are right .... if your order shows up.
Keep emailing her
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2013 at 7:10am
I ordered something about 3 weeks ago from Maternity Direct and still haven't received it, I've emailed them a few times and heard nothing back, tried to phone them and there is no voicemail to leave a message. I'm so annoyed, as its all paid for etc, any ideas on what to do??? Sounds like lots of us in the same boat!
Emma_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2013 at 8:34am
If you enter maternitydirect@clear.net.nz into the facebook search bar it comes up with the womens page who runs it - I'm contemplating harrassing her (Think we all should) - not that it will do a lot of good. Other than that I have contacted my bank and asked them to reverse the charge to my credit card. So pissed off really wish I had done my research before purchasing.
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2013 at 11:53am
I know, I just can't believe they can get away with this, I'm so annoyed!! I am going to keep emailing them till I get an answer!!
Glbw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glbw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2013 at 8:51pm
Hi all- I am having the same problem (ordered a bra in early September, got one email saying it was on back order for a week, have heard nothing since and cannot get hold of her). I searched her on Facebook and have sent her a
message saying that she is causing a lot of pregnant women and tired mothers a lot of stress and she needs to take some kind of action. We'll see..... Will post an update if I actually get anywhere (not holding my breath)
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 7:44pm
Great Glbw, keep us posted if you get a response!!! I just can't believe this person can run business like this for maternity wear, causing all this stress to us!!! Unbelievable...
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 8:51am
I got an email from maternity direct advertising their nappy sale!!!!! How dare they send customers emails for that and not reply to their emails! Did anyone else get it? I replied back to them saying what are they doing sending advertising emails to customers and not sending or replying to their emails and there are a lot of very upset pregnant ladies here!!!
Emma_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 9:03am
Ridiculous isn't it!? I just got the same advertising email. Totally disgusting behaviour!
Emma_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 1:20pm
I would be interested to know just how much money this woman has effectively "stolen" off us. My purchase was $70... not an amount you can just pull out of the back pocket in a single income family with a mortgage and bills to pay and mouths to feed.
Lisa1399 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa1399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2013 at 1:49pm
I am in the same position with no reply to emails, no goods, and no refund as requested. I am now 37 weeks pregnant (Goods were ordered over four weeks ago) and have ordered these items for use at the birthing centre. I will be visiting my bank next week to apply to get the payment reversed. My order is worth over $90. I would be happy to join others to try and get some action to ensure that this woman is not able to steal or unduly stress other woman at what should be the most exciting time of their life.

I also received the nappy sale email

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>