FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 593>
Author
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 7:10pm
Thanks Mushroom I don't know what the chances are but I am hoping like mad!
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
Sponsored Links

Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 8:01pm
I thought I'd typed a reply but it hasn't shown up so apologies if it decides to show twice! Trinab that is awesome news that your numbers are rising xx finger crossed it was just a slow starter. I will keep everything crossed that Tuesday's numbers are good too- I've learnt to take one step at a time and try to enjoy each small step in this long and tiring journey! Happy birthday too, are you doing anything to celebrate?
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 8:07pm
Thank you Charlie! Just a nice day off work today hanging out with my sister and a quiet night in tonight with family, dinner out tomorrow night which will be great. The nurses and a couple of friends who have been on the IVF journey also tell me to celebrate each small success, but I am finding it extremely difficult to get excited or even believe that I am technically 5 weeks pregnant. I feel quite detached. Hopefully everything pans out and I finally get some answers next week
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 8:56pm
Yay trina I am sooo glad that those numbers proved me wrong!!!!! Congrats hun. They're more than doubling so I reckon that sounds good as. Good luck from here on in.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 9:35pm
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I stopped in. Hope everyone is doing well and nice to see some graduations :-) Trina - great news that the numbers are rising and happy birthday too!

We're starting IVF next month so great to see I'll have some IVF buddies on the journey too. After I had the laparoscopy in March they told me that it all looked good and they had just sent a small piece of discoloured tissue for a biopsy as a precaution. Was pretty surprised and upset to get a letter from the hospital recently (8 weeks later) saying by the way it looks like you've got endo. We caught up with our doctor at FA and she said it was "sub-optimal" it took them so long as the results are back within 8-10 days. She also agreed they could've just taken it out at the time because it was only a small amount (near the "Pouch of Douglas" - one thing about this whole thing is you learn about weird body parts you never knew you had!).

So our options were another laparoscopy to remove it or IVF and she thought that IVF was more likely to result in a baby. She didn't think another IUI would be worthwhile. Feeling pretty nervous and excited about it.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 10:18pm
Amie what a mixed bag. Excited for your upcoming ivf but stink about the way the hospital has been with the follow up. Hope ivf does the trick.

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 9:45am
Trinab - fingers seriously crossed - this must be so difficult for you!

IVF round 1 - I am now on day 6 of injections - feeling so incredibly tired, and a little bit weepy for no reason. Anyway at least the injections themselves are fine. Have a sore throat and feeling a bit grotty this morning, so got some betadine throat gargle cos I REALLY cant get sick right now! Blood test and first scan on Sunday. Really just want to go home for a sleep!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 9:58am
I hear you Merrily - I work in an open plan office next to my boss who is crook at the moment, coughing and snuffling away - I'm like DON'T BREATHE ON ME!!!!

Hugs Trina - fingers crossed its smooth sailing from here.

Amie sorry I forget if you had a diagnosis before this?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 12:34pm
Merrily - lowered immunity means better chance of bfp. When I do Colorado protocol they actually give me drugs to try and lower my immunity and stop it rejecting the embryo. Obviously while good in theory the last thing you actually want to feel is rotten with everything else going on!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 5:47pm
babycrazy - well thats a positive spin on it at least!! Yay for feeling blah - haha!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 7:18pm
Oh Trina that sounds much more promising... I really hope your scan has good news for you.

Nik - I am so sorry to hear you haven't had any success yet This one has got to be your round!

Yay for starting IVF Merrily but boo for feeling yucky.

Yay for the cancellation Dolly, always good to get bumped up the list!

Great to hear yours is soon too Amie, although sounds like your hospital has been pretty frustrating.

I am looking forward to seeing a few grads in the next couple of months

Well I have managed to get a dose of thrush and give it to DH too so not much action in our house right now! On the Junk Free June bandwagon though so that's giving us something to focus on.

Edited by *Star* - 05 June 2015 at 7:25pm
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 8:36pm
Thanks Babycrazy. Yay only a week till your appt.

Dolly - no we didn't have a diagnosis till now all tests have been fine. Because it's stage 1 endo it means we don't qualify for public funding until five years of trying.

Star, I'm trying with the Junk Free June too but am gonna struggle - it's only the 5th!

Merrily, good luck for Sunday.

We're going to our friends' tomorrow morning to meet their new baby. I always find it so hard being around new babies but it will be nice to have cuddles.
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2015 at 8:03pm
How did the blood test and scan go today, Merrily? I hope there was some good news!

Trina, cool to see the HCGs climbing like that. Long may it continue!!!

Junk free June? I've never heard of that. Is it something new?

Amie, cool that you'll be starting IVF soon, too. I called the clinic last week to see if we could get a more concrete time frame. Grrr. Is it normal that we can't pin them down at all? They just keep saying "sometime in July or August". Because the clinic is mostly private, I'm beginning to feel a bit pushed to the side with my public funding.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2015 at 11:16pm
Hi all
Hope you had a lovely weekend :-)
Looking forward to you all checking in with the latest results and happenings. How did you go today Merrily? Good luck Amie. How are levels Charlie and Trinab?
Hang in there agirl and mushroom... not long to go now. 

I'm on day three of 225 mcgs of nightly puregon injections. I add morning injections on Tuesday. First bloods and scan on Thursday.  

Cheers
HT
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:14pm
Well first scan yesterday went well, I cant remember how may eggs there were! But anyway quite a few. Next scan tomorrow, and the dr thought I may even be ready for triggering then, so will have to see how it goes! Last week seemed slow with kinda nothing happening but injections, but now its all go! Unfortunately I have a horrible cold and am feeling really grotty, so thats no fun, especially with all the travelling. Anyway, thats life!

I couldn't actually see the screen during the scan but hubby was very excited afterwards about what he saw - it was 'like a soccer ball, with HEAPS of these round things all over it' - which was amazing apparently - and also they definitely looked like they would make the cutest baby and be the coolest kid -   haha who knew what you could tell all that from a scan of follicles! Anyway it was cool to have a little bit of fun and jokes - at least we get half an hours entertainment for thousands of dollars, even if its not successful!

Yay H.T. good luck on thursday!

Amie - its so hard the long wait ay - I don't know how we would cope if we had to wait 5 years. Hope you had nice baby cuddles on the weekend!
*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 4:50pm
Hi ladies..

Not long since my last post, but thought I would drop by to say that I got a natural BFP for my birthday last week, I am technically 5 weeks today, but I think probably will be more like Wednesday.

I see my Dr on Wednesday, and midwife is a family friend so will organise to see her soon I suppose. Haven't had any bloods done or anything, but just taking it day by day. Feeling very surreal and a little foreign in my body. Very tired, but otherwise can't complain too much.

I wish all you ladies the best on your journeys, its so consuming sometimes, and it's so nice to have this community for you all, and while I was actively trying.

Take care x
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 5:07pm
Wow congrats Beaker!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 5:41pm
Yay congrats beaker!!!!!! All the very best xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 6:45pm
Lurker in
Huge congrats Beaker that's awesome

Lurker out
PS I'll prob be in here again the way we are going
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 7:23pm
Oh kumeroa that doesn't sound too good :(
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 593>