FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust ’07 Mums to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 189>
Author
aqua36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 5:37pm
Add another baby to the August list.

We found out we were preggies just before xmas, having given up hope and booked IVF for Feb. I think I'm 8 weeks and the Dr said 9 weeks. Really hard to keep a secret - especially when not drinking over New Year and Xmas, we made a decision that if it comes up in conversation we'd tell people. Have told all the family who are very supportive.

Reading that many of you have had a scan already has made me decide to contact my midwife and organise it. Am lucky to have 3 friends who are midwives so will call upon their services.

Have a had a little MS, but not every day. Seems to depend how tired I am.[FONT=Arial][/FONT][ORANGE[FONT=Arial][/FONT][:P]
Sponsored Links

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 6:56pm
Hey, congrats on all your news :)

Im wanting to do a yoga course, but im too shy and dont want to go by myself lol.

My morning sickness wont let up its all day everyday, im going to try ice blocks tomorrow :)

I heard my babies heartbeat at my scan and they told me my baby was like 6mm? Which is normal for 6 weeks or something they said?
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 3:43pm
I have only found websites from th euk and other places so far...and apparently normal in other countries to have early scan....but I'm seeing midewife(7weeks pregnant today) next WEd...but as far as I know no scan till 11 weeks..though she will confirm this..is this because I know when I got pregnant? I'd love to have an early scan to see the baby...!
kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 3:46pm
Sorry, to clarify I'm asking whether it's normal not to have an early scan? 12 weeks seems so far away!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 3:53pm
Hey Kaw123

Its not always normal to have a scan before 12 weeks, some have them because they dont know the date of their LMP so a scan is done to see how far along you are.

Other than that they will do a scan if your considering termination, or if you have bleeding.

Edited by BabyTyme
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 3:53pm
From what I can gather, early scans are just for dating purposes, for those unsure of their dates etc.

I had mine when I was 6 weeks, 6 days, and to tell you the truth, because there wasn't too much going on, it made me feel a bit odd. Hard to explain. I guess going again at 12 weeks, when there's more to see will probably put my mind at rest a little bit more.

On another note, this is the 2nd day in a row that I haven't had any ms! WHoo hooo!!! Those gingernuts are working a treat (that or its a mind over matter thing!)
kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 4:16pm
Excellent..thanks for your help...what is LMP? sorry for asking all these questions..first baby..so nervous but so excited.. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 4:21pm
Last Menstral Period

Its ok, its my first too.
kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 4:26pm
lol thanks..i know most of the abbreviations but not that one...I'm struggling with drinking water, less/no caffiene and so much different food advice from many mothers! Morning sickness started 3 days ago...off and on all day...lucky me...but in some ways I'm glad to have it.. maybe I won't say that when I go to work on Monday!

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 8:37pm
Hey baby tyme i'm from Chch too and I'm 20 as well we could have coffee some time if you like. If you haven't found a midwife yet mine is Renee Puru shes really good and has lots of young mums and all her back up ladies are really nice too.
kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 11:15pm
I know it was addressed to baby tyme but ...I've got a meeting with potential midwife on thursday....the doc said I had to ring straight away (at 4 weeks) and 5 of them were full already) so I will see what she is like otherwise will get your midwifes details if that's ok....it's so hard to know who is good and who is not...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 8:24am
Hey RachandJack!

Thats awesum i was hoping i would find someone on here in christchurch my age!

I would love to meet for coffee... When are you due?

I'm meeting a midwife on Tuesday her name is Kelly.. But if i don't like her i will get your midwifes details.

Have you got a cellphone?

My names Kandice by the way, I am due August 23rd and this is my first so its kinda scary, but it will be good knowing someone else too cos all my friends already have kids that are like 1 and 2 so i was abit late!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kaw are you in chch as well?? How old are you?

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 10:06am
I'm due June 19 yeah its so exciting having your first bub. I didn't ring any midwives first time round til I was about 13 weeks and I think I rung about 50 before I got my one so it was lucky she was really good. My cell number is 0273545533 give me a text and we can meet up.
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 3:04pm
[QUOTE=Mikaela] Lulu I'm on the shore as well, and I wouldn't mind finding out about preggy yoga. Do you know where it's based?QUOTE]

The yoga is called 'Preggi Bellies' 'training for two'. I believe it is in Glenfield from memory... the brochure doesn't have the address but the phone number is 0800 PREGGY or the website www.preggibellies.co.nz

I am definately going to find out the sex of our baby if possible! Narrow down the name choices!
Lou
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 3:23pm
My MS is back with a vengence!! I thought I was doing so well, but ended up having a big chuck yesterday before and then after tea, and today it's just as disgusting!!!! Not cool!!

I'm definitely going to find out the sex of the baby! I've got a feeling already that it's going to be a boy, we've even picked out some boy names already! I'm just such a planner that I would need to know!

kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 3:44pm
Yeah I know how you feel Sparkle...we are finding out too...I'll just be so glad when I get to 12 weeks and hopefully less worrying and over the morning sickness!!!!I'm due Aug 23 or 24th and am 29... (in chch)
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:49pm
I'm off to the bach for another holiday tomorrow, so won't be on here all week. I'm hoping that a change of scenary will help with the constant need to yak up everything I've ever put in my mouth!!!

Hope all you ladies have a good week!

kaw123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 6:45am
You too.. I wish I had another week off...back to work with the children, nappies and all new smells for me!:)

HAve a great week....
Lil Nut Nuts Mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Nut Nuts Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 1:46pm
Well I can now sympathise with everyone who has morning sickness,

I went up to the beach this weekend to my parents caravan with my hubby and sis and brother in law.

I was sick 5 times on Saturday - I think all the campers thought I was drunk as there was no time to make it to the toilet so I had my own lil bucket.

My hubby was wonderful with me. I am now still so weak and tired and am not able to eat heaps as I can't handle the smells
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 2:43pm
hugs Lil Nut Nuts Mum
Lou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 189>