FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHiring capsules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hiring capsules
    Posted: 21 January 2007 at 6:53pm
We think we will hire a capsule this time so those that have done it I have a few questions:

*Where did you hire from?
*How much was bond and how much did you pay to hire?
*How long did you get it for?
*What stage of your pregnancy did you book it?
*What brand and was it good quality?
*Did it have any flash bits like a base or anything?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 7:11pm
we hired our capsule from the baby factory...which i regreted...as it cost $145 with a $50 bond

plunket hire them for almost half the price..

we hired ours before we left the hospital...it had a base on it..

(With the baby factory, you need to book in advance) with plunket you can just go in and get one..and we had it for 6mths

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 7:59pm
we were going to hire one but ended up buying a second hand one off trade me that had been used only for 6 months and it was the same price as hiring plus we can sell it again.

if you do decide to hire you can also try plunket and there is also a baby/bike shop in burwood that hires them out. I think you generally get them for 6 months.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 8:28pm
My parents hired one for Jack from plunket but didn't get it til a couple of days after he was born so they got a really crappy one that was hard to use so I want to be organised this time lol
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 11:19pm
I used plunket with both the girls, I booked in advance from a smaller plunket, cost bout $20 from memory with $50 deposit if you still wanted it after 6mths you just needed to contact them to extend - didnt cost anymore. There is also baby on the move- they hire a wide range of stuff but not sure about their prices
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 8:41am
We had requested one from Baby on the Move, I think it was a brand new one for $80 for 6 months, but ended up buying the same capsule for $100 off Trade Me in the end, 6mo and really good condition, then we can sell on.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 12:27pm
I paid $40 each to hire the twins capsules from PLunket, plus an extra $25 for the bases. I've got the Evenflo Discovery's and they are really easy to use, and I wouldn't be without the bases, you literally just snap them in and go, so much easier than fussing about with a seatbelt and locking clip.

Baby Factory do sell ex-rentals for $75 and if I'd known that I might have bought ours rather than hired, but then I still would have had to buy the bases.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply