FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone due October???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:04am
you guys r lucky being preggo through winter. those little furnaces in your bellies will keep you warmer than others!
Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:22am
yah I guess it is good huh?

Never thought of that......

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:22am
Most definitely excited about my next scan. Not long now. We really need to know what our babys sex is, so we can be prepared. We still have all of Shauns baby gear but, if its a girl, we need to go on the scavange. A friend of mine has said we can have some of her girly stuff, if need be. Of course, as I will have heaps of time to gather girly stuff, I can watch for all the sales as well.
Some people say, you just have a feeling what the sex will be, but I really dont have the foggest.
Even though my chance of miscarriage has dropped heaps, I still worry so much.I've read of women miscarrying even at 17 weeks.
Hi Nikki. I know what you mean. When I was pregnant with Shaun, I wore my jandels all through winter. Maybe I'm not far along enough yet, as I'm still feeling the cold.
How are you feeling today Roksana? Are you still bleeding

Edited by bonjovi6

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:44am
No the spotting has stopped (last two days)....but I have the wonderful thrush.....

I know what you mean; my husband's auntie lost her baby at 5 months.... I get scared just thinking about it.
However I think we are going to be fine. How is your pain by the way? Did you find out what was causing it?

See my husband’s family is very old fashioned and believe that it is not good to buy stuff for the baby before it is born....hello!!! What am I suppose to do run around straight after my baby is born??? I think not.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:47am
hey bon jovi..i had a "feeling" that my baby was a girl......I was convinced.
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 12:35pm
Hi Lizzle, yeah I sort of thought Shaun would be a boy, but I dont know if its because I really wanted a boy last time. This time, its more important to have a healthy baby but I still want to know. My scan date is 20 May at 1pm.
Roksana, that is so silly, your quite right, are you supposed to run around straight after you've had bubs, duh. Maybe in their day, after bubs was born, someone else ran out and bought all the stuff, at their expence.

As for that pain, I felt so silly, The midwife said it was more than likely to be my uterus, hips and ligiments stretching. If it was anything serious the pain would of started out dull then went bad, not the other way around.
Every pregnancy is so differant. Maybe, the older we get, the more we worry. Wow, if I'm this bad now, what am I going to be like next time? Yes, I'm greedy, I'd like another one after this one.
Hey, I'm glad the bleeding has stopped, lets hope it stays that way.Sorry to hear about the thrush, if its not to bad use diluted malt vinager as a rinse, it really helps.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 2:11pm
Tell me about it...I am not going to listen and start buying stuff soon. I have this thing about second hand stuff....I will never buy them....so I have to buy new stuff. I was looking at cots and strollers etc yesterday on the net....I nearly had a fit. The things are soooooooo expensive.

Cot around $700...stroller is the same. UGHHHHH

I think I might have to start buying things now....tho my mum said she will buy a few of the things...still will be damn expensive. My hubby also has a large family. They will all give us gifts (after the baby is born)…most of the time it is cloths.

We plan to have our second in two or so years so I guess I could re-use them soon.

I am glad things were okay with you.....I am getting all stretchy feeling as well....not the most comfortable thing I must say.

Hay I have become a groupie

Edited by Roksana

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:02pm
Roskana there are some fantastic online places. one is winkalotts and there are heaps of others. You should put together a list of everything you need and go ask for a price. You wouldnt beleive the differnce in quotes. We ended up getting all our stuff for ALyssa from a place called second childhood in dunedin. They did free delivery and were much much cheaper than baby factory. But now there are heaps of online stores and it pays to shop around for a price.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:24pm
Well done getting to a groupie!

I had this "thing" about all new stuff too, untill, like you saw the price of things. So, I had a look around and there are heaps of places that sell "as new" gear.
Honestly , you can get gear that looks new but is second hand. Just make sure(as Angelnz said) you shop around. There is a huge difference in prices. If you can, wait for the sales, (if your still wanting new). I had been looking for a change table with bath for ages, then farmers had a sale and I got it brand new, for the same price that second hand ones were. I've now got a Touchwood cot(have you heard of them?)Its secondhand but is in great condition. They're usually near $600 but we got our one for $270. Big saving.
Unless bubs is a girl, the only other thing I want/need is a angelcare breathing/sound monitor. They are normally $250 but on special $199 at the baby factory. Beleive it or not, second hand ones go for up to $180.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:52pm
I bought everything new for Maya, we went to the baby factory and gota discount coz we bought the carseat, cot and change table all from the same place. We got the whole lot for $750. I bought a cheap 3 wheel pram from The Warehouse, which I now regret coz I have had to replace it, but I have spent $350 on a new pram that will last me thru all my children (I hope )
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 8:28pm
the angel care monitor is fantastic. My sister brought it for us for ALyssa. It just gives you peice of mind. I could rave on about it for ages. Its great to have with Jayde as well because her breathing isnt always sounding that great.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:05pm
we haven't got a monitor, but then baby will be in our room again, and our house is so small i can hear my little girl breathing from her room almost now.. and i am in the lounge.. lol, our hallway is 2 steps long (ok exageration)

we got our cot and buggy new, we are using the cot again, replacing the buggy (i hope, apparently my MIL called mike today and said she just went to look at the buggy we want and she hates it, i went nuts at mike and said she better fricken buy it, cos we have had 9 months to save and put it on layby, but have left it till now cos she said she'd get it, i'm not spoilt, but just don't like people backing out on me!!!) we got a new bouncer given to us by my sis, and a baby gym from my mum, and thats it. never used a change table - always change mat on the floor - baby can't fall off the floor!!

definately shop around - even look in your bounty pregnancy book too - our one had a voucher for 10% off at baby city - sometimes, if you get quotes from lots of shops, some will try and better the others, and i have even heard (for those expecting twins) that some will do really great deals if you are buying more than one or each thing. be crafty.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 8:14am
Janine, I dont use the sound part on my angelcare, (that would drive me crazy). But what i do use is the movement monitor on it, it will alarm if the baby stops breathing for 20secs. Sounds a warning beep after 10secs then it full on alarms like a smoke detector.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 9:18am
I was always worried bubs would fall off a change table too, but the new ones have a safety harness on them, so much safer than the old ones.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 10:48am
i never bothered getting a change table. Our apartment is so small, honestly it wouldn't fit!! As for your MIL, so what if SHE hates it! She's not the one who it's for is she?
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 10:00pm
depends on the safety harness though.. most have a lovely one that goes across the tummy to prevent rolling. but the first movement most babies learn is to push off with their feet and scoot upwards.. so a tie across the tummy isn't gonna do much if their little head gets over the edge.. cos they're so top heavy. I think ones that have top edges to them are good, with harnesses as well, but still prefer to change baby on the floor.

went and had another look around today at all the buggys, and still that is the only one that will work for our situation. told mike he needs to arange a time where we go together with her, and she can try it out with putting paris etc in and out of the buggies like we have done.

Maria, I like that idea of the movement monitor.. that is something i wish i did have.. i think for the first little while with paris i was quite paranoid that she would stop breathing.. but most new mums are. didn't help, and this was so scary..that even now, when she is in a deep sleep, she goes a very whiteish purple colour, and you can't see or feel her breathing. mike was so scared of checking her cos it freaked him out. but yeah, the sound thing would annoy me.. just cos i think i would sit there waiting to hear a noise, lol. dunno if anyone has seen that thing billy connolly did about them., but it is so true and cracks me up... he reckons babies use them to torment their parents.. pretend to stop breathing, and wait till get up to rush to their room, then they let out a big breath! (sounded funnier when he said it, really it did)

Edited by mum2paris

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 9:06am
Thanks for all the advice ladies.
We went to Farmers this weekend and saw a cot on sale $600 (nearly $800 original price). It was 4 in 1 cot (becomes a bed later). Handy! And you can lay-buy it. But yes we will shop around, as we still have plenty of time.

At the moment we have a house that is too small for our furniture.....but we are looking into buying a new house before the baby is born. This way we could have every thing we need for the baby in the nursery.

My mum said that I should give her a list of things I will need and she will tell me what she will buy....And as I mentioned earlier, my MIL does not believe in buying things before the baby is born....so she will end up buying cloths, baby gym etc etc.

Good to have my Mum and Dad around

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 12:35pm
i would recommend buying a minimal amount of clothes, especially if baby is a first grandchild. I bought a lot of clothes for Jake only to be given soooooo much by people. Honestly he has grown out of clothes that he hasn't eve worn. Wait til babies born, then buy the clothes that you haven't been given. especially cause you don't know if baby will have a long torso, but short legs or vice versa./
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:01pm
Yes our baby will be 1st grandchild from both sides (gosh ….the baby is going to be sooo spoilt).

My mum said that she will not give cloths and will give me useful things instead.

We also have loads of friends and I know half of them will give us cloths. The closest friends have already started to ask what we want...so that’s good.

I haven’t started a list yet....any suggestions?

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:53pm
stock up on the basics yourself

flannels for face washing, (and bottom washing)
bibs, (frilly ones are cute, but plastic backed and bigger is better)
nappies
singlets
bodysuits
socks

basic stuff is always good to have cos that's what you will go through the most of.. washing wise.

all the rest you will probably be given heaps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>