FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone due October???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:00pm
My 3 year old cousin forces me to watch Hi 5 with her...they are not too bad! Now teletubbies....that was scary!!!

Sponsored Links

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:21pm
Kiya loves teletubbies... she's not allowed to watch them at home, and I thought she'd not be allowed at my parents place either, as my brother and sister weren't. But no, Nanma bought Kiya a teletubbies video, and plays it for her all the time!

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually talked properly... I was a youth councelor (?sp?) at a Banardoes camp when I was a teenager - one of the girls there was 5, loved teletubbies and would only talk the way Laalaa (her favourite) did! Sheesh! It drove us all nuts!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:24pm
Angie still loves Hi-5. It's great because she gets up and watches them in the morning, giving us time to properly wake up. My poor mother has to take Angie to see the Wiggles. Andrew and I suggested that Angie should ask Nana to take her and mum said yes without knowing what she was getting herself in for.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:39pm
I use to work for London Bookshops/Whitcoulls as a student. When teletubbies came out, we played the tape over and over and over.....at one point I thought if I hear one more OHOOOO.....I will break the TV!

And I think the show is full of crap!!!! (Mind my language)....and my mother hates it too....so No teletubbies for my kid(s).

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:02pm
We have one Teletubbies video that was a hand me down, but Maya has never seen it. We also have 4 Barney videos and they are her obsession atm, everything is "Barney says..." and "Barney sings..." and "More Barney" and we have full on tantrums when barney finishes. I thought they had stopped making Barney years ago (our vids are hand me downs) but when I looked them up they are still making it, and the Barney website is really cool. I might get Maya online and having a tutu with the games and activities on it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:35pm
My mum and I have this thing about Disney cartoons....we started collecting them years ago (I think we nearly have all titles). We love them...and my cousin loves them too.

Her favorite is Lilo and Stitch (where she is Lilo). And also Monster Inc. (where she is the baby)....so cute. OH OH and Nemo.....

All I need to do now is buy Bambi & The Incredibles ...and we have all of them....I sound like a child?...well yes I am...

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:48pm
I love disney stuff too. we have monsters inc, but paris does not likeit.. so it's more for daddy.. he's a big kid. we have nemo, ice age toy story shrek etc.. all neat.

hi-5 is the only thing Paris likes. no wiggles, if they put wiggles cds on at daycare she tells them off and makes them put hi-5 on. she is bossy. i spose, at least hi-5 is somewhat bearable, barney makes me cringe, wiggles sing about mashed banans and cold spagetti (my nanny days exposed me to them FAR too often),. and yep teletubbies don't speak properly. paris has a big laa laa toy, that i am sad to admit, was mine, cos i thought they were cute when they came out, and was a silly teenager. she love laa laa, but has no idea that there is a tv programme.

she loves fimbles, but they have stopped playing fimbles in the mornings... same with hi-5.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 4:30pm
Kiya misses Hi-5, but she's old enough to quite like Rugrats, so we didn't really lose.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 5:27pm
they play hi 5 at 7am now and i noticed this morning that there was no rugrats...just sabrina - yet we are on about the tenth lot of repeats of clifford and his puppy years.

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 7:01pm
Nice to know that about Hi-5... thanks Deborah!

Now that Kiya starts kindy at 8.30, she doesn't get to watch morning tv unless she's ready to go early. I think she misses it, but I know she's thriving at kindy so she'll be fine.
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 7:52pm

Xander was into Nemo for about a year then Toy Story got shown to him so we now have Nemo,Toy Story(both of them),Ice Age,Monsters inc.

He used to watch Blues CLues in the mornings but now its his dvd's first  hing in the morning.

We watched Spongebob,which I thought he wouldnt be interested in,buit he packed a sad when we had to take it back to the vid shop.he has watched it a ZILLION times.he has forgotten about it now (PHEW).Altho it is a funny movie.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:25pm
Yeah it is a good movie, but there is only so much of spongebobs squeaky voice you can handle. I will sadly admit I know most of the words to every wiggles song there is, and that's from when my 8 year old was little. And I can recite most of stuart little 1 and 2 by heart. That's the three year old. Now we are on to Zoids (the older one) and tom and jerry (three year old) which after watching all the time as I child I now see as a parent is very violent. Trying to tune him into something else.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:47pm
when Jake was about five weeks old and up at 5/6/7 I had the TV to keep mye company...and awake, he was honestly fascinated by the teletubbies and spent about 5 minutes just looking at the tv. He also liked Miffy. He's into Bob marley now which is a big improvement on Barney......shiver.
Hey, we have thomas over here but it's "thomas and friends" with no ringo starr and some american guy....and no fat controller. Apperntly that term is offensive to americans. weird.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:47pm
i just remembered, when my cousin was young he loved all those english shows, postman pat...frieman sam, thomas and he developed this really strong english accent.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:09pm
Paris used to love Miffy, soooo much. her first birthday cake was a big miffy, the invitations i made from scratch - also miffy. couldn't find any party themed stuff with miffy on it so just had red yellow and blue and made big miffy's. was pretty kewl.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 1:18pm
Went to the Warehouse yesterday to buy some blank CDs, and right next to them was a big stand of kids CDs, and of course my 2 year old "Big Eyes" spotted a Barney DVD so I had to buy it for her. She loves it, doesn't seem to care that it is a xmas one and it's not even close to xmas!
She also likes Shrek and Finding Nemo. Oh and sometimes she watches the Clifford puppy in the morning while I am in the shower and she seems to like him too.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 4:41pm

Man there's so many cartoons out there these days. 

Blair seems to like what evers on.  He really likes watching Disney Channel and he went through a stage of liking the Hooley Dooleys, i can't stand them so we don't watch them very much anymore (thank god).

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 7:44pm
It's annoying cos you just find something your child likes and they change the programming. Paris is usually at daycare so on her days she is at home in the mornings it's a bit of a treat to watch the kids shows.. but she usually gets bored with them and goes and plays after a few mins anyway.. still, can't turn them off or you get in trouble.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 9:31am
Hannah's favourite show is the Simpsons... I think she really appreciates the political satire
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 11:44am
oh my god, i totally forgot them! paris loves them.. she calls them the sim-ims.. she actually asks at night time after her bath if they're gonna be on.. lol.. she never gets to watch them apart from if mike has taped the new series and watches it while she's up.. so dunno why she's so obsessed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>