FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone due October???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone due October???
    Posted: 14 March 2005 at 5:56pm
Hi. I'm new here, just signed up.
I am due somewhere between 16 Oct and 18 Oct. My midwife says 18 but every site on the web that has due dates say 16 so we shall see. I have 2 kids, 17 year old girl and a 5 year old boy.
I am 9 weeks one day pregnant. I had 2 miscarriages last year, both were 4 weeks 5 days so I'm sure this little miracle will stick around.
I would love to talk with other mums and mums to be.

Edited by bonjovi6
Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 4:15pm
Hi there,welcome to the site.I am due in 8 weeks with baby #2.I have a 21 month old boy so I will be kept busy busy busy.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 7:49pm
Hi. I am new here too. I have only just finished posting messages on a wedding message board and now here I am! Our surprise honeymoon baby is due on the 22nd October!! Very exciting, but scary as this will be our first.
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 8:57pm
Hi and congrates to you both.  All the best for your pregnacys
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:50pm
If every thing goes well...I am due 31 October 2005.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:36pm
wow, it's funny seeing people due in october 2005,as i was due in october 2004. My little boy is growing so faast!!
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 7:51am
Hi Roksana. Congrats
So you must be around 7 weeks?
How are you feeling?
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 9:20am
Yes I am 7 weeks and 4 days today.
I feel fine, no morning sickness, no nothing yet.
I had a scan on wed and saw my baby's heart pumping away...it was amazing.
I am trying not to get too excited as it is early days ....but I am very excited.
I am wishing you all the best.....
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 9:28am
Hehehe... what is it about January that produces October babies?

My birthday is Oct 24, my husband is Oct 2. I know in my case it was my Dad's 23rd birthday (Jan 20) and I suspect Nathaniel was a New Years Eve conception, but I haven't had the courage to ask my mother-in-law that yet! Our wedding anniversary is Jan 5, so we might end up with an October baby ourselves at some stage!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 9:36am
My birthday is 17th January........
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 9:41am
Hi Roksana.
Lucky you having a scan so early. I've just had mine yesterday. Its wonderful to see bubs and know everything is going great. I'm 12 weeks 6 days today.
I've had morning sickness right from the start and always tired. I think the morning sickness is getting better though as I'm starting to eat my normal diet.
I finally went and bought some pregy jeans so I know I'll be more comfortable now. My normal jeans have been getting rather tight and I've had to have the top button undone for ages.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 9:17am
It is good to have scans early but not the way I had them.....trust me when you are bleeding (I had that twice now, at 8 weeks and 10 weeks) and you are unsure that the baby is okay, you panic and stress (cant possibly be good for me).

Its wonderful to see your baby, at 10 week scan, my baby was very active...how about yours?

See I am a bit lucky, I have no morning sickness.

I also know what you mean (cloths), I can hardly fit into half my cloths...I haven’t been shopping yet but I think I might have to....soon!

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 8:08am
Hi again. Sorry its been so long(well it feels like a long time). I have had a lot going on which has been very stressful but I wont go into that right now.
The pregy jeans I'd bought, ended up being very painful and felt like they were cutting into my belly so I took the pair I hadn't worn back and went shopping again. This time, I went into pumpkin patch and found the people in there very nice and helpful. I bought 2 pairs of incredibly comfortable jeans, that looked exactly like jeans(to the untrained eye) but they are super stretchy and have a zillion adjustments so you can change them as your belly grows. They were $50 each, which is not a bad price, considering my normal jeans cost,on average, $70 each. The only thing I don't like about them is, they are flared at the bottom(I think they're called bootleg), Its not a major and I will just take them in. As for tops, I've always liked baggy tops so dont need to buy any of those.
That must have scared the hell out of you when you started to bleed. I've read that can happen, with those type of scans.
Yep, saw bubs moving heaps. Hubby said with all that moving around, how could I not feel bubs. Even my midwife is asking if I can feel bubs. Maybe I have, and not realized.
Hi Becca.I. I was really hoping to get pregnant in January as I've had 2 pregnancy's where I was huge right in summer and found it sooooo uncomfortable so I was even more happy knowing I wont have to suffer through summer again.

Edited by bonjovi6

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 8:55am
hmmm....I might have to go shopping soon, as all my pants are getting tighter and tighter by the day. I know that PP has some nice Maternity cloths (I use to work for them).

I had slight spotting (nothing major) through out the last week but I am not panicking. I have my Antenatal appointment on the 21st (I will be 12 weeks 3 days).

Hoping that all is well with my baby.

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:14am
Roksana, your appointment was yesterday, how did it go?
I've finally worked out how my midwife got the due date of the 18th Oct. Its from ovulation date. If I go by my last period, the DD is 16th but ovulation DD is 18th. I know its only a couple of days differance but its important to me to know the right date. Mind you, with my 2 prevous pregnancys, I was a week early on both so it might be the 9th to 11th.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:52am
It went well......
The doc checked my BP and it was 120/80 (normal) she said. My urine test was clear. Had a scan to have a look at the baby and it looks healthy and happy. It was amazing how much it moves around. I felt it move through out the last week but wasn’t sure....

The Doc said it is a good size baby and looks normal so far. However I still have a Subchorionic Haemaorrhage (clot) sitting under the sac. That’s why I have been getting small brown blood every day. Doc said it is breaking up slowly and I should not be active till it is completely gone.....

They said they have to keep a close eye on my BP as that can cause the baby to be small, from not getting enough oxygen and nutrition......so I have to be careful.

My DD day was from a scan of the baby...

My next appointment is going to at 18 weeks (I think).

How are you doing?

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:25am
grrr, this make me so angry. I had wrote this long reply and when I went to post it, another page came up saying I must be logged on to post messages, I WAS LOGGED ON, so I lost everything I'd wrote. That has happened so often. Some times, it only takes a minute for me to write something, go to post it and that happens. Please, anyone got any idea WHY.
Any way, I'll try to remember what I wrote.
Thats great news your appointment went well.
Because of the risk of miscarriage, for the first 9 weeks, I wasnt allowed to do anything, nothing, nada. Not even get close to hubby(if you get my meaning). Then up to 12 weeks, I was only allowed to do a little bit, but only very light dutys. Even now I have to be very carefull, but even though its frustrating the hell out of me, its worth it in the end because I'll get to finally hold my bubs. Did you get a photo of the scan?
My next midwife appointment is 26th of may and I'll be nearly 20 weeks. Then, on the appointment after, is the tour around the hospital.
I think I'm coming down with a cold or flu. I've got a sore throat and my nose is starting to block up. Oh well, it has been 4 months since my last, whatever. Last year I had 7 colds/flu. It wouldnt be so bad if I recovered like other people seem to but mine drag on for over a month. 2 weeks full on cold/flu, then at least another 2 weeks with the snuffels.
Thats enough moaning from me

Edited by bonjovi6

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:59am
And I guess it is worse when you can’t take any thing for it.....

It is so damn cold these days....I could hardly get my self out of bed this morning.....

No I did not get a picture of the baby this time, they used a simple machine this time around...not like the fancy one's they used previously.

I just received another appointment letter for the 5th of May???? That’s not even 2 weeks. I wonder why???

I think it could be because they want to monitor my BP...?

You know I want to get to your stage...15w sounds good, especially because the risk of miscarriage drops significantly at that stage.

Well I hope you don’t catch the flu...(though it might be hard, as it is getting colder by the minute).....grrrrreee

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 12:09pm
Yes, it is getting really cold. We've had frosts 2 mornings in a row and there is already snow on the hills. I've had the heater going this morning. Wouldnt be so bad if I felt like we'd had a summer. There was only a couple of weeks max, that it sort of felt like summer. Even my autumm flowering plants havent flowered yet and wont now because they've been frosted.
I'm not feeling very well, as I've diffenatly got a cold and I broke a tooth in the weekend. I cant get an appointment with the dentist so they have put me on a cancelation list. As for my cold, they say I can take panadol and a saline nasal spray to help with the snuffels. Oh well, hopefully it wont last long.

That is really sad you didnt get a photo of the scan, when is your next scan? I'm sure it is only to monitor your BP. Easy to say but, try not to worry too much.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:53am
Gosh...one thing after the other huh?

My next appointment is on the 5th and I presume that they will do a scan then. May be to check if my Haemaorrhage is still there and to check the baby.

You must be excited about your next appointment???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>