FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy worst nightmare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My worst nightmare
    Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:01pm
I arrived late at creche and all the other kids had left (have never done that before). There are three teachers there and one of them asked the other "where's Ella"? None of them knew! I was like WTF!!! We were all running around checking for her everywhere and she was nowhere to be found!

I ran out the front door panicking and asked some random if they had seen a little girl, they hadn't.. ran back in and one of the teachers was holding an Ella with her pants down lol she had been on the toilet and couldn't get off.. but didn't say anything not sure how long she had been there. She said she was waiting for me to get her off!

Needless to say we were all panicking, as no child is allowed to leave with another adult they don't know, as at all creches. I am sooo glad that she was there, I wouldn't have been able to cope if she was lost somewhere!

I had a big talk to her about answering if someone is calling her name, in a loud voice. Also that she is only allowed to leave creche with mum or dad, or maybe grandma.

Sponsored Links

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:13pm
How scary. I always panick if i cant find Kobe, that happened once at a playgroup we go to and i felt sick, thought i was going to pass out till one of the parents found him in the castle.
Your heart just stops aye.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 3:41pm
Oh God that is a horrible feeling isn't it?
We were at a big dinner for chinese new year with 200+ people and SIL and her BF lost Ella.
Turned out she'd been comandeered by her Great Grandad, but I swear I didn't breathe until we found her!
So glad your Ella is safe and sound, poor wee thing stuck on the loo!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 4:08pm
Yikes! How scary that must have been!! Glad it was all ok after all

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 4:12pm
its only lately that gabriel has realised that when i call out to him he is supposed to answer... i remember running down the street looking for him when he had been inside all along...under a bed i think....

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 10:17am
Scary that happened to my dad once when my sister was little they hunted for ages and couldn't find her, were about to call the police when someone found her asleep in a tunnel.
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 9:08am
I remember going to pick Jayden up from Kindy when I was 8 months pregnant with Abby. I looked for him and couldn't find him when they had let most of the kids go I asked one of his teachers where he was! We looked everywhere and he was nowhere to be found.

After a very paniky search of 15 minutes I ran up the road to see if he had gone home and there he was halfway down our street with a lady following him. She was on the phone to the police. Apparently he was wandering down ferry road (which is a really busy road in CHCH)

Turns out he had scaled the fence and according to our neighbours he had gone home and when no one answered the door he left. They followed and tried to get him to get in their car but he ran away. So this lady was watching him until the police arrived.

It was so, so scary after that they watched him like a hawk, one of his teachers nearly cried when he saw me carrying him up the street. I remember hugging the lady that herded him back into the street. The police were pleased it wasn't a case of neglect and it was a very happy ending!
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 10:39pm
Oh my goodness that is so scary!! It's such a relief when stories like these have happy endings
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 8:13am
man i wouldve been in a huge panic. ive lsot haleigh in our own hosue before, she was asleep behind the couch in her wee play pop up tent we ran around for ages searching for her till we heard a snort from behind the couch.
 Post Reply Post Reply