FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNaming baby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 3:03am
I know what you mean about not looking at it Janine. I didnt but then when I buried them I accidentally saw (kind of hard trying to bury something with your eyes shut) but I was really upset at how they looked. They were still eggs so its not like they looked like little babies or anything but just actually seeing them and now having that mental picture is horrible.
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 1:56pm
It actually made me feel better to see 'baby'. I mean, it's more a collection of cells than a baby, but being able to hold it and touch it and see it made the whole thing seem real. The same with the ultrasound films, it proved that my baby was real and not just a line on a pregnancy test or a figment of my imagination.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 2:52pm
I never looked at ours, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm never had a definite feeling of what our angel was so we used the name Alex as that way it didn't matter if it was a boy or girl. We have our wee soul in a beautiful little wooden chest that sits beside a crystal tree my MIL brought us after we MC. It is to be cremated with whoever goes first me or DH.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 12:11am
i have the scan pics, i printed one that was really good, paris snabbled it when she was really having troubles, it helped me to know that it was helping her.

I don't know if i want to see what baby is like now simply because i have that beautiful image of baby up on that ultrasound screen looking perfect.. (before they told me there was no heartbeat) and that's what i want to remember, i had to wait nearly 3 weeks after that to have D&C so chances are not great that my baby would be anything quite as perfect as the picture i remember.

It is a nice, gorgeous well defined pic... no-one that sees it would guess anything's wrong.. apart fromt he fact maybe that theres a heck of alot more room around baby than there maybe should have been.

Now that portfolio is done am planning on getting that pot and that plant and actually burying the jar in there, so i guess maybe then i might have a look.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 12:33am
Ok what do you ladies think I should do. As I mentioned I buried my babies with a rose that my friend gave me. Im not the greatest gardener and have somehow managed to kill the rose (which makes me feel even worse) but now my dilema is, I dont want to just throw out the rose because my babies are in that soil. So do I need to just get over it and get rid of it or do I get a new rose and replant it using the same soil so my babies will still be there?
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 8:54am
In my scan there is only a sac, tthey couldnt even see the baby so I dont think it had got that far yet We are not going to name ours, its just out little angel that went to heaven to us

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:25am
I never had a good look because I didn't realise it was m/c (I thought it was a period) until the 'clot' had gone. But it depends how far along you are - I was only 4 weeks so there was really nothing to see.

Robyn if you're not much of a gardener why don't you try a fern or a tree or something that you won't need to look after much? (I have un-green fingers too LOL)

Sheza we didn't name ours either but we sometimes talk about what if 'she' was here etc. I was only 4 weeks pg (so really only 2 weeks old) and we hadn't known we were pg before we m/c, so we didn't feel the need to name our baby. But we do sometimes wonder why and what if.... but we conceived again 2mos later so I know that if we had been able to have that baby we would not have been able to have our 6mo baby Krystiana - not that I knew that would happen at the time though.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 12:00am
i agree with the fern thing.. we got hen and chicken fern when we started flatting and it was a 99 cent supermarket jobby.. darn thing just kept growing no matter what we did.   I plan to keep the jar intact and bury that in the soil simply for the same reason, that and what it's preserved in is usualy very toxic and poisonous so will either kill the plant or be pretty dangerous to handle etc.

I do love that our scan actually looks like a nice tiny bubba.. which also makes it so hard too to think "what on earth went wrong?"
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 2:39pm
haha Ive just realised maybe that was why the rose died because of all the chemicals etc... I hadnt thought of that. I hope so anyway cos I was thinking it was some horrible sign (oh and I didnt handle them at all, just dug a hole, closed my eyes and tipped them in)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12