FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 34>
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 12:39pm
Welcome back Amy, I hope you didn't bring any more of this cold weather back up with ya! brrrrr

Jess, we bought one of those cups with the straw in for Cailtin the other day and she loves it too, drinking heaps more (and piddling more too LOL Mummy has to remember to change her more often or else wet pants!)
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:04pm
Could be the soy Jess, but there's really only traces in the flavouring of the chips, would need to be a pretty severe soy allergy, I think getting Ella tested is a really sensible idea. The gremlins are going in 3 weeks, I am counting down!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:32pm
At 11.5 months, my 'toddler' has finally started properly crawling. I'm pretty proud and thank myself lucky that I've had all this time where she's been pretty content to sit still!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:10pm
Like I said earlier, Yay for clever girl Ashlee (see! told ya she would just do it ) and OH NO for you, now you'll be like the rest of us who can't even pee without little hands banging on the bathroom door "mum mum mum"

or is that just our house?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 4:28pm

Yay way to go Ashlee, look out mum it is all over now.

Toni our house is the same, I can not use the bathroom at all without Tyrell around, he now knows how to open the door.....

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 4:47pm
Yeah, we've really got to do something about our gas heater now. Currently looking at guards/surrounds for it, otherwise it stays off! And then theres the safety/baby proofing of everything else. Haven't bothered to do much of that until now!

Our bathroom door is broken and just pushes open so I'm likely to have visitors to that room also!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 5:53pm
Kirst, it doesn't matter how much you think your house is baby proof - it ain't and never will be!
Same with my mum's house - Miss Caitlin is now sporting an attractive egg shaped bump on her forehead after climbing up a bar stool and falling off (don't worry, she was only on the bottom rung of it so only really fell 20cms) but poor Nanny felt so rotten Aparently Caitlin didn't even cry, just got up and carried on
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 2:58pm
Oh my gosh Jez your girl is just full of teeth! LOL I hope they come through with not too many hassles.
My boy has only just cut number 6 last week and it took over 3 weeks to finalyl cut...poor bubba's it must be awful for them!
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:57pm
Congrats Miss Ashlee, on the crawling!

As for teeth, we still only have 4, but the top 2 beside the front ones look impressively close to coming thru .. hmm .. I thought that last week and still no sign. Oh Well ...
Just got a bit of a cold this week, however we are still going to the combined 1st birthday party on Sunday for all our 'parents group' babies, or should that be toddlers???

Then I have a manic week next week, and have just agreed to work (very) part time for the next six weeks - at least I can do it at home. Yay.
Selina

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:48am
Ashlee popped out her 8th tooth yesterday so she's even now hahaha!

Luna, we've got our combined 1st birthday this Sunday too! It's going to be fun

Does anyone have any tips for nappy changing a wiggly toddler?!?! OMG this past week while Ashlee's figured out she can move away, she will NOT lie still enough to have her bum cleaned and it's seriously driving me up the friggen wall! This usually happens when we're running late for something and need to do it in a hurry. Please tell me that it's a phase!? I have high hopes on that one...
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:26am
Already tried it

It's the poopy ones that take longer.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:49am

Not sure what we did for Alan, but he never really did this. Mikey is a shocker even now so I give him a toy and jsut hold him formaly seem mean but teh get teh message.

Deborah Mum to:

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 7:53pm
Erin is a wiggler too, but hasn't put up much struggle in the last couple of days because we have been hit with a poo & spew bug Off to the doctors tomorrow, or A&E if there are no spaces at the GP.
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:07pm
Oh no, Jax! Right in time for her birthday. That sucks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:41pm
We have the same problem with a wriggle bum! We just change her as quickly as humanly possible then let her stand up to get dressed.

But YES, VERY ANNOYING! Especially when they're screaming like you're trying to amputate them from the waist down
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 9:08pm
Oh the joys of changing a wriggling, escapee baby!!!!!!

We also use any/all of the following, depending on the circumstances:
Super duper, speedy mummy
distraction
holding down
blocking MY ears (not literally) to the noise emitting from said baby
and sometimes just letting her escape for a minute before going after her and hoping there is no pee on the floor
Selina

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 9:56pm

Oh my gosh we have a wiggly bum here. As sson as the nap is off heis also off.

At night when we are both here it takes 2 of us to dress him after his bath.
The morning I have just learnt to be super fast! We use distraction during the day.....if it works

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:11pm
Kirst - I am hoping it clears up in time for her birthday, it would just suck the big one if it didn't
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 5:16pm
Lycan has a tummy bug at the moment. Took him to his GP today. Finally I have managed to put him down (he's fast asleep). Last night he was fine but this morning was another story....He's been sleepy most of the day and has little bursts of energy...totally out of character for him. GP thinks he should be better in 48hours if not we need to go to the hospital A & E...Had a birthday party to go to tomorrow, looks like we have to give it a miss, here's hoping we wont miss anyothers that are coming up!

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 5:44pm
Sorry to hear that Lycan is unwell Deez, I feel your pain !! We have just come from six hours at the A&E and Erin is conked out, and we are also on strict instructions to give her fluids only for the next 24hrs, then see if she will keep down a bit of stage 1 puree or something. If not, then back to hospital we go. She seems cheery enough, but still quite tired - sad to miss out on some things we had planned for Sunday, but oh well - c'est la vie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 34>