FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>
Author
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 6:24pm
Oh that's awful for you and your little ones...I hope they're feeling better soon ladies.

And Amy isn't it Tyrell's birthday party/your wedding day today?!?! Congratulations, hope you have had an awesome day!!!
Sponsored Links

Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2007 at 3:10pm
Yay i went out today and got all the birthday presents that i need to get for July...I am so proud of myself!

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2007 at 7:41pm

Well done Deez, I haven't even thought about shopping yet argh.

I put a few pics of Tyrell's b'day on the photo thread. Thanks for all the nice wishes everyone!
I now have a DH and not a DP YAY for me hehehe

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2007 at 8:41pm
MEH! My girl has ANOTHER cold! I really hope she's over it by the weekend for all of the parties
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2007 at 9:50pm
Oh no, hope shes feeling better soon Toni!

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2007 at 10:40pm
Hope Caitlin gets well soon Toni
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 11:14am
Oh no Toni that sucks I hope she is heaps better soon!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 11:44am
She woke up crying this morning with her face and sheet covered in dark green snot (that was after a certain someone who shall remain nameless but they know who they are woke us up when they texted me at 7.30 this morning )

She must be feeling heaps better today though as she's in a much better mood than the constant crying yesterday and hasn't been sneezng as much. I've been dosing her up with Pamol and some of the cold rememdy we were given by the Homeopath (have also sneaked some of that myself, I haven't got time to be sick! )
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 1:14pm

Aw poor Caitlin. I hope she is feeling better soon.

I hear a swift vodka is a good remedy for mummies....ooops did I say that

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:31am
How are the sicky bubs doing? I have a feeling Ashlee's heading that way too. Lots of grizzles and a slightly runny nose.

She's not getting enough sleep during the day anymore. She gets worn out with the crawling, but is still only having her 45 min naps (maybe 2 of them?) during the day and come the afternoon, she is one crank monster!!!! That crankiness only started since the crawling started. Some days are worse than others, obviously. I almost get happy at the thought of having to walk out the door for an evening shift so I don't have to deal with it... and I don't even like the job!! Just a mini rant for the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 11:48am
Kirst we had the same, she was always way to busy getting into everything to think she was tired, then it would be too late and she'd get over tired and turn into She devil
We have the same problem now she's walking, but now when she's tired her balance isn't as good and falls over a lot (she looks drunk actually )

But she's been having a 2hour sleep in the morning and a 1 hour sleep in the afternoon/early evening, and is still going to bed no probs at 7 and still sleeping through. YAY!
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 12:05pm
Ohhh good to know it gets better (touch wood ) because in all honesty, there's not much one can get done in 45 minutes as well as manage a rest for myself!

Gosh, I sound so ungrateful. I should be happy that I've got a pretty contented, good little lady on my hands! But I just wish she'd sleep just a little bit extra...!

LMAO at images of 'drunk' little people tottering around hehe!! Too cute!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 12:08pm

I hope your bubs are feeling better soon.
Tyrell seems to be getting over his cold, I am just looking forward to his nose from no longer looking like candle sticks!

We had plunket on Tuesday. He is now 12.05kgs (my big bubba)
I have been told to drastically cut back his bottles as we are giving him too much milk. (I thought this a couple of months ago so decided to try and cut out a bottle, 10 mins after he was due he was a monster) So we have reduced his volume like she suggested. Well last night he woke up so beside himself neither DH or I could calm him, so I got a bottle and he downed it and went straight back to sleep.

ARGH what do I do? I have not sure....any suggestions?

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 1:17pm
How many bottles is he having?

I dropped Ashlee's bottles down to 3 around the 9 mth mark (like my cousin was told to do who goes to the same Plunket as us!) and then visited Plunket who told me that I wasn't giving her enough *sigh*

By the sounds of things, he's just not ready to give up that bottle so I'd tend to stick with what's good for Tyrell
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 3:01pm
Thanks Kirsten, that is what I was thinking, but I also want what is best for Tyrell.
1st time mum with no support so it is hard to know what to do, so I take what Plunket/Karitane say as gospel(not quite but you know what I mean!)

I will see how he goes tonight and make a desision along those lines tomorrow!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 5:12pm
Unless her teeth are really bothering her, or there is something else happening, Erin has two naps with an average total of 3-4 hours. Morning one is normally the longest, and the afternoon one has just started getting a bit shorter. She also still sleeps through the night, so can't complain at all!

As far as being sick goes, I am SO over it Just as she had started to recover from the gastro bug of last weekend, she now has a virus and I think I gave it to her Erin started coughing this morning, and then after her bottle I took her temp and it was 39 ! So off to the GP for both of us, as I have just been getting worse as well... (rattly cough, congestion, sore throat, sore ears, you name it). If she doesn't perk up by Sunday then we have to give her antibiotics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 7:44pm
Bl00dy Plunket! As long as he's happy and healthy then who cares how many bottles he has!

He's a big boy, so he needs his food!
As long as he stays on his percentile line then he should be fine.
And if he's waking in the night starving hungry then I would be inclined to keep the bottle in his routine (or up his solids?)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:41pm
Had to start poor old Erin on the antibiotics tonight rather than tomorrow, as her temperature wasn't coming down. Seems to be working slowly, so we will let her sleep and check her temp again in the morning.

And I agree with Toni - bl**dy plunket !! The nerve of them sometimes... if Tyrell is happy with how you are / were doing it, then keep doing it !!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:03pm

Allergies suck big time. I rang to get our test results today...man was she rude but for a change i gave it back...woops. I asked her when it was more convenient for me to call her.....LOL silly B

I decided we would try giving more food and less bottle. He is asleep at the mo which is the 1st all this week. (before 10pm argh)
So if he gets up tonight like last night then I will look at maybe stretching the time between bottles. He is on 250mls every 4 hours so will just stretch till he is ready not when my clock says.

Can I ask, what are your bubba's having roughly each day.

Our day is
Breakkie porridge, toast (less than 1/2)
Lunch sandwich (lucky if it is 1/2)
Afternoon tea 2 -3 rice crackers
Dinner meat & 3 veges
Desert fruit, maybe apple 1/4 or 1/2 banana (or the likes) then Oreo bikkie some nights for a treat

I do not think Tyrell eats a lot but what am I comparing that to...myself and DH....?

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 9:07pm
I hope you and Erin start feeling better soon Jax!

Sounds like you will work something out for Tyrell that keeps him happy Amy.. I have found that just because one Plunket/Karitane nurse says one thing, often if you get a different lady the next time they will something completely different anyway. So as long as he's happy and healthy like everyone said - you know him better than anyone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>