FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGreat news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:58pm
Thats what we are here for - First of all you are not at fault at all!!!!! It's been three years it's time for him to move on with his life with you and your baby.............she needs to understand that he cannot be there for her all the time - and that by moving out it dosn't mean he want be there for her.  But it's time to focus on you and baby to come.

Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:58pm
Your hubby is probably being detached because he is really torn and doesn't want to "hurt" either of you. I am sure it will be different once you are in the house and it is just you two. Much more relaxed and you can have some privacy and your OWN space. That is so important.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:59pm
We lived at my mums for the first 3 months that we were in NZ and it was really tough on us, we fought all the time. Once we had our own place it was fine!! Strange huh?

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:03pm
yah but he is being such an a$$....
Its like he is a different person....I dont know know who he is..

We decided that we will move out and see how he is...if he is better then good...or else we'll have to think of what to do.

One min he is all sorry that he is hurting me...the next min he is horrible....

Thanks guys....I do appreciate your support.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:12pm
Just wanted to say Janine that I feel you when it comes to stepkids. I have 3, and have had probs with 2 of them. My youngest SD lived with us full time and was 10 when Maya was born. We have always had problems, she doesn't listen to me at all and is very disrespectful and DP didn't back me up when I needed it. Got so bad at one point that she kicked me in the stomach when I was 8 mth preg and said "I hope that stupid baby dies". I put her out of the house then because I was so angry and so upset, and she stayed with her aunty till Maya was born. Things got worse after that and DP and I split up when Maya was only 3 mths old. I continued to have access visits with my SD coz I felt it was important for the girls to know each other. Long story short, two years on and she is still trying to split DP and I up (we got back together a few months ago). I know he is definitely in the middle of a rock and a hard place - she tells him all sorts of crap and he wants to believe her because she is his child, but I end up getting hurt. She accuses me of starving er, hitting her, ignoring her... the list goes on. Now she has moved down the line with her cousins, and I hate to admit it but life has actually been peaceful since she left. DP and I hardly ever argue anymore, and our house is much more settled.
Whew, what a novel! But I just wanted to let you know that I understand how difficult stepkids can be, and you are doing so well to take on the responsibility!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:15pm
Sorry Ana...I missed your other post from previous page...it seems like these MIL are so good at putting the guilt trip on their son's.....I am glad I am having a daughter...and Hope I die before I become that kind of MIL. As I said, she likes to control every body around her and she will keep bugging him with the same thing over and over till he cant take it ....and then he comes and takes it out on me.....I JUST WANNA SCREAM SOME TIMES......

I am hoping that things will change once we move out! Here is hoping!

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 7:13pm
Oh god it's so nice to hear from someone who knows where i'm coming from - i've spoken to only a few people but they don't have stepchildren and really don't understand.  My Stepson is driving a wedge between calvin and i, i've told him so many times how i feel, but he can only do so much - the B***H of a mother isn't well enough to take him back just yet.  I've threatend to withdraw all my help but that would mean we would have to split and he would then have to go onto DPB to look after them full time.  I'm at a total loss as to what to do next - i don't think i can last much longer.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:43pm
oh Roksana hang in there, most guys can't say no to their mums.. is he an only child? that makes them worse.. believe me.. i know, mike's one. sometimes i still feel like my MIL doesn't approve.. i spose at least she isn't in our face.. she stays right away instead
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:18am
Janine (of the kbushnz variety)
I'll let you in on my story, the stepkid side of it.
My parents split when I was 14, and got together with my best friends parents. (Yeah, both ways... strange but true) anywayyyy... I was quite happy at the time while the rest of my siblings were feeling angry and abandoned. I believed that it was the best thing for my Mum and Dad. Unfortunately, it hit me much later. I had some major problems with my Mum's husband at around 17. I hated him so much and believed he was being really mean to me. The only positive thing about the experience is that I was old enough that eventually I realised what my behavious was all about and as soon as I figured out where all my anger and hatred was coming from I was able to deal with it. At the time I felt really abandoned by my Mum and felt that she was taking his side all the time and working against me.
Mark continued to make an effort to be neutral despite my teenage hostility and eventually it paid off, though it took a couple of years. Now I appreciate everything that he does for my Mum and think that sometimes she could go a little easier on him Big turn around!
While your stepson is a little younger, do realise that it is more than likely a reaction to his parents breaking up, a really natural reaction. He will grow out of it. You just have to persevere. Do what you can to get through it and in time, (we would be talking quite a few years here) you will become friends.
I hope you can stick it out
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 8:56am
No Janine… Atish is not the only child or the only son...Atish has a younger brother who is 23 years old and will be living with his mum when we leave (We all live together now).

As I said my MIL is a control freak and the fact that she is loosing control of her son is driving her up the wall.......I know she does not approve of me because I come from a different back ground and religion.

Hubby was much calmer yesterday…..he kept telling me how important I am for him and how much he loves me, but this whole thing is hard on him. All I could do is tell him that I understand and that I am here for him…..and that I love him.

I am sure we will work things out once we move out…here’s hoping!

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:11am

Thanks for that Nikkiwhyte, Calvin and I have been together for nine years – his son was 3 and his daughter 2 years of age when we got together – do you think it’s taken this long to act out?????  He is close to becoming a teenager.

I’ve been thinking maybe it’s me who is the problem – I have such a deep hatred for his mother especially since she committed suicide.  For nine years she has invaded our lives and this doesn’t include dealing with the kids – every time she made a change in her life we had to adjust our lives – this include her second marriage breaking up, new boyfriends, starting part time work you name it……….she has even asked my husband if there was any chance of them getting back together a few times during our relationship.  Just before her melt down I had had enough of being constantly used by her, I told her no more I was done – a friend of hers who was also being constantly used said “about time it took you long enough’, we set up some boundaries  and thought that may been the end of it – then she attempted suicide (not because of this  - her then current boyfriend left her, he felt he was being smothered by her) and then kids came to stay with us full time.  I know I’m transferring some of the feelings I have for her onto her son – he looks like her and his behaviour is very similar.  When we had our meeting a month or so a ago to set up some new boundaries and discuss her taking him for a few nights during the week to help me – she made mention that most of her home schooling friends have also commented on how difficult it was to look after the boy.  I know none of this is his fault and I know that its not fair that I should take how I feel about her out on him – but he drives me crazy and I’m sure the stress is affecting this baby.    Sorry for the novel.  Thanks for all your comments.

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:20am

Things will get better Roksana, i know things between calvins son and i were alot better when he was only coming over 50% of the time - we had a pretty good relationship until all this happended.  The move will give you the time you need to improve your relationship and hes still in contact with his mother.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:52am
Thanks Janine.....I sure hope so.
I hope things get better for you too...Dont they have grandparents who can take him for a few days of the week? or some one else like Aunt or uncles?...

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:13am
Calvins parents live in waitara and her parents live in pauanui - they were there (pauanui) for the school holidays - but they can only handle them for a few days then it all gets too much.  We can't afford to send to waitara and both my parents do as much as they can but they both work long hours.

mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:16am
OMG reading everybodys post over the last day or so has made me feel so normal, i thought I was the only oerson going throgh all the MAN probs, we have been fighting everyday for the last week or so, and i end up sitting bak asking myself if ive turned into the biggest B#$%H being preg but im so sure i havnt, We fight over the most stupid things, Adrew has 2 previous daughters, 2 diff mothers, 1 we hardly see as the mothers a freak, dosnt want her daughtre in our house around me, around my son or around andrews other daughter, but not many stresses with her, Andrews other daughter lives around the corner, literally abiut 15 houses awaay, I have a good relationship with thae daughter and mother now, was horrible when me and Andrew 1st got together, then she got her own man and it was fine, she didnt want andrew anymore, we have his daughter (4) on a regular basis, shes good but totally opp from cleb shes loud noisey abd hasnt go manners, im deaking as she is alays vey=rl loving to me and Caleb, but the mother has just been dumped by the new man and is now beoming very needy on andrew again, rings all the time, if she needs a anything, a jump start, somebody to look at her car heaps of wat I think a deliberate excuses for andrew to go there she uses them and is very possesive of him now, Maybe its just me going a lil green or is it hormones i dnt know but its driving me carsy and i seem to dislike his daughter more now since i cnt stand the mum any more... thought I was going crazy... its nice to know that people are in the same boat... sorry for the novel guys..

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:37am
Yay....we should form a club....LOL

Judith....you have enough going on with you and the baby to have this added pressure from the other woman....put you foot down and tell your MAN to stop fussing over her.

Janine..Thats a shame...It would have been good if some one could share him with you guys.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:48am
ive put my foot down the stupid B%$^H rung at 8.30am this morning while we were still in bed, as she knows its andrews day off!!!!! and sked for f^&ken jumpa leads, so Andrew get s out of bed and heads straight there, i told him that she has enough friends to helpher out and a dad, if he runs when she jumps im out.. had enough, hes sais he scared that if he dosnt shell take his daughter away from him, shes that patheti, i said oh well if she does that well go to ourt for access, he apoplogised and made me pancakes for breaskfast.. boys are great greasers lol but that women is making me ropeable.....
kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:58am
I know exactly what you mean - thats the sort of trouble we had with calvins ex for 9 years - thats why i'm thinking of getting out - i can't see an end to it all and i'm going crazy - i have headaches all the time i'm stressed all the time - even calvin and i are out of sorts  - he tells me hes thinking of me and he loves me - but all i hear are words - nothing has changed and i feel nothing will - it always been me to make the necessary sacrifices to keep the harmony. i've had it - i feel like i'm losing it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:03pm
I so totally no where you are, i feel excactly the same way, Sometimes just walking away would just seem so much easier... Yeah when theres a problem i seem to be the one going out of the way to make it better just beacause itl make my life easier, like shel ask us to babysit on sa day when andrew works, known full well he cant and when he say he cant she guilt trips him so he asks me, and even if im busy i feel so bad i say yes and she knows that i cant be bothered fighting with andrew, cause if i say no he thinks im being a b&^%h...
aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh shes making our life so hard
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:21pm
Honestly I feel like it will not get better and who knows may be it wont...but I am going to stick it out and try. I dont wanna give up...that means MIL won.

But I do agree there is a limit to how much one person can take and when he reaches my limit...I will walk out.

I sure hope that none of us has too.

Judith, I know all about guilt trip...my MIL is a pro in using that technique.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>