FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorld’s Easiest Casserole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World’s Easiest Casserole
    Posted: 13 June 2007 at 11:52am
I keep meaning to post this recipe and never quite got around to it, so here it is now!

500g cubed meat (beef or pork) - any cut suitable for a casserole is fine
1 med onion, chopped
oil for browning/sauteeing
1 tin Tomato soup
1 large tin Pineapple pieces in juice (not syrup)
about 1/2 c seasoned flour in a clean plastic bag or bowl (I like salt, pepper and paprika - approx 1/4 tsp each or to taste)

Coat the meat in the flour, then brown. Put the browned meat into a casserole dish.
Sautee the onion until soft. Put into the casserole dish with the meat. Tip a little of the pineapple juice into the pan to get all the yummy bits off the bottom and add to the casserole dish.
Pour the soup and the pineapple and juice into the casserole dish, and mix it all together.
Cook 180 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender. Stir a couple of times during cooking.

Goes great with mashed potatoes and winter veges!

Oh, and if you are pressed for time, or just can't be bothered, you don't have to brown the meat or sautee the onion!

ETA: I forgot to mention - this should be cooked covered, so a lidded casserole dish is best... otherwise, tinfoil works pretty good.

Edited by daikini
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:55pm
Yum I love these casseroles, and pineapple in them is delicious!
MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 3:00pm
sounds yummy!! im making my 1st ever casserole tonight!! since im not eating meat lately i am trying to find a nice way to cook it so maybe i will be able to entice my mind to let me eat it!!

does anyone have a good recipe for dumplings to go with/in the casserole???
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 9:42pm
I would imagine this would work just as well in a slow cooker / crock pot eh Becca?
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 9:53pm
I don't see why not, Jacquie... but not having cooked that way myself, I'm not sure on the cooking times.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 2:48pm
i used my slow cooker and it was great, and stayed warm for when DH went back for seconds.
it took a little longer, but i had it on low for the first 1.5hours, then turned it up to high for 1.5hours and it was perfect
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 5:01pm
I made this the other night, OMG yummmmmmm!
Thanks for the recipe Becca!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Post Reply Post Reply