FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuying ahead....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:57pm
Lots of great info on cloth nappies at The Nappy Network and join the forum, you can ask lots of questions there
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:46pm
Yep nikki i was the same with Paris, every week for 7 weeks i thought, surely it will stop this week, i won't buy any more..., and it just didn't.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:50pm
so i was lucky to hav stopped bleeding at 3 wks???
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:03pm
oooh yes. lol.
although i must say this time i don't think it went quite as long, maybe 4 or 5...i thought that was great. 3 weeks would have been bliss.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 11:49pm
I remember being overwhelmed with jake and visitors etc, that I barely noticed the bleeding...maybe 3 weeks??? actually not even that i think
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:42am
i only bleed for 6 days I was sooo lucky, i used ultra care with Caleb abd weeeeed straight threw huggies, but giggles weer fine for him to, i hada premy so he fitted newborn for ages, and he never got any bigger than a med before he was out of naps, I used cloth to, but towelling cloth naps as they were smaller than normal cloth and softer on his bum, With nursing pads YEAH DONT use treasures, I used j&j inside a washable pad lease changing and good when your out for leakage, All babies are different and I think you will eventually discover what nappies work for you, With my new bubs it could be diff to Caleb cause I can gaurentee they have changed in the last 4 and a bit years.. any way good luck
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 8:56am
I bled for 2 weeks then stopped, then started again for another 3 weeks! I was so gutted, i really thought it was finished! I even had to have a scan to make sure all the placenta was gone coz my midwife was very puzzled.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 11:12pm
Mmm I envy you guys who only bled for a little while.
I got sooo sick of it.
Mind you, it was probably just making up for having no periods for 9 months!
And I was very glad to not get my period for atleast 6 months after the bleeding finally stopped.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 9:04am
I heard that people bleed for a while after having a baby....but I think I would get really sick of it, if it was longer that 3-4 weeks.

I better stock up on pads....knowing me I will bleed for ever!!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 9:35am
Hey guys...I was checking out one of the sites Maria mentioned and saw baby wipes...now scented or non scented wipes? I was thinking non scented.....they also have sensitive......arrrgggg what do I buy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 9:42am
lol they do make it difficult  for new mums dont they!!
BECS

kbushnz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbushnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 9:52am
I think i bleed for about 6 weeks - boy it was a relief when it eventually stopped.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:06am
We use the non-scented Pams ones coz they're cheap and the scented Pams ones smell NASTY! But we've used scented Huggies, J&J and treasures ones and they were fine. It's just the smell of the Pams ones makes me want to hurl!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:13am
i remember mum bringin up sum wipes cos i totally forgot to pack them in my hospital bag.they were really thin ones from a $2 shop but they smelt real nice.we usually buy wotevers on special at the time.treasures smell nice.but after 2 babies they all smell the same to me lol
BECS

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:59am
I just bought the huggies sensitive.

I think it doesn't really matter too much which wipes you buy as they are all not ideal for babies' bums.

I find Hannah gets a rash if I use them for too long. She got a rash really fast with j&j wipes tho. Maybe that's the difference... rash in one day, or rash after three.
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 11:27am
We use huggies non scented as my kids have a tendancy to react to scented products.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:06pm
Yep, I used huggies unscented wipes for my last one and I found they were the best. They are a good size and the thickest wipe. I tried the other brands and found the others were inferior.
As for nappys, I have tried(on shaun, of course,lol) Huggies, pams, budget, and a few other cheapy brand names and of all of them, treasures was the best. Normal treasures are great up till they start slepping through the night, then, I use treasures ultra, I dont remember finding shaun wet right threw, so they must be quite good.
As for bleeding, ummmmm, well, it cant of been that long or I'd remember(pregy brain), maybe a couple of weeks.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:09pm
have you stocked up for your little girl yet Bonnie? I feel like a bad mum, as I have bought nothing yet!

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 3:08pm
Well, your not allowed to buy anything yet, so dont feel so bad , and you arent a bad mum!!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:29am
Wait roksana. people will buy stuff for you....supermarkets are open all the time if you run out...and then hubby can pick you up all the stuff that you couldn't eat when you were pregnant.....I made a list...brie, blue cheese, pate, ham.....etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>