FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuying ahead....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 8:32am
As for wipes, i didnt use them unless I was going out my mum brought me like 2kasqillion white flannels and a nappy bucket and 5 packs of napisan and I used flannels for his bum.. has any one else done this?? is it normal?? I thought it was normal because it was just what I did... But Caleb has never ever had nappie rash, he was in cloth (towling) naps at home and disposables at night and if I went out...
Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 9:10am
Judith..Thats what I plan to do as well, use cloth nappies and then disposables for when going out and at night. Again the baby wipes for when we are going out or in a hurry....

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 10:51am
Thats what I planned to do....maybe for b2. It was hard as newborns are so little, it was difficult to fit one around his little bum.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:33pm
yeah i could never fold them small enough, and ayja peed straight through all the ones at the hospital. we use flannels, always, even when out. i have just started buying those johnson skincare wipes, but only cos paris always manages to smear more food on her face and hands than she gets in her mouth these days. she was a cleaner eater when she was 1.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:35pm
So what will I need to buy for clothing nappies? Except the nappies I mean...?

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 2:03pm
um liners, overpants... that sorta stuff, there are a few others on here that can give you more info than me. lol.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 8:19am
I found the cheap plastic overliners to be the best as they didn't leak as much (although nothing can contain an explosion!). Plunket recommend the plastic lined cloth ones as they apparantly breathe better, but we never had any real probs with nappy rash, and th eplain plastic ones are way cheaper.
Oh and we used the J&J liners, you can buy cheaper brand but I never tried them. They come in boxes of 100 so last for ages andmake great wetwipes too if you add a bit of water.

Edited by Maya
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 4:43pm
Roksana... www.thenappynetwork.org.nz - ask all the questions you want in the forum - there is HEAPS to choose from!

And we dont buy wipes, just use old flannels and water. Much kinder on bubs sensitive skin.
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
k&jsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k&jsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 6:56pm
Hi Roskana - i used babywipes for a while just the pams ones they are just as thick and strong as any others but i then changed onto flannels and have done so ever since even for going out. also if you decide to get nappies from diapersexpress web from memory if you have too many of a certain size and the box isnt open i think you can exchange them - pay to check. and another great tip that i got told by nurse in neonatal unit when i first went out was to try panty liners instead of nursing pads as they stick to your bra and you dont have to keep adjusting them and they are cheap too. but i found with nappies it was trial and error for me as too what brands suited my boys best and i also use clothe napps.   good luck - i remember asking all my friends the very same questions lol

Edited by k&jsmum
Marlene
Keegan ~ 14 October 2003
Jaidyn ~ 14 October 2003

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 9:29am
Gosh being a mum (to be) is not easy...so many things to think about.....But I am looking forward to all the confusion and trial and errors.....

Thanks ladies....its always a big help getting opinions.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 12:02pm
hows hubby going with all this too Roksana? something you said just reminded me about when i was preg with paris. i decided that no matter what, once paris was born.. i would encourage mike to be included..and even if i saw him doing something the hard way, or in a way that i thought was wrong, i would let him make the error for himself and learn from it. it was good cos he learnt that i wasn't gonna just come and take over, so he got more confident too. although i must say there were many times where i had to restrain myself, bite my tongue and walk away.. (these incidences usually ended in her requiring a change of clothes if he had put the nappy on wrong, or just little other mishaps) just remember that all the trials and errors you go through he will go through too (although not with the nursing pads etc,i would hope lolol) if he got grumpy and frustrated i would just remind him that i was learning all this too.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 12:49pm
Janine.....He is totally clueless about all this. We are starting our first Antenatal classes this Wed and I asked him if he is looking forward to it....he said he is because he feels that he does not know any thing! I said well....same here!

So I am hoping that he will get some ideas from these classes.....I also told him that this baby belongs to both of us and we will have to do things in turn...(Not feeding....LOL). So far he said that he is happy to. Mind you just like your man, mine gets frustrated really quickly and starts to stress! I have no idea what is ahead......

It will be FUN (???) I am sure.....

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 1:18pm
yeah mike says he is finding it harder this time to bond with Ayja... simply cos he is so close to Paris.. but what he has forgotten is that he was like this with Paris for ages, then they started getting close and being silly and she began to respond to him and do a bit more... i know he'll get better with Ayja once she is able to do the same and isn't just the loud squirmy noisy thing that always interupts!

It's a good thing that he's looking forward to the classes.. just keep reminding him when things get tough that you're in this together.. it takes alot to remember that at 3 in the morning with a screaming baby.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 3:03pm
Roksana, antenatal classes were great, especially for the hubby's I think cos they seem to have no idea about labour etc. I found the labour ones a bit boring cos of my uni training, but the one where we learnt how to fold nappies, wrap baby etc was great. Feel a little less nervous now. Not so worried about the labour part, more how things will go when we get home - cant wait tho.

Do u get to watch labour videos at class? It was sucha crack up watching the guys faces during those videos
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 3:27pm
Aimee we are going to our first class tomorrow can’t wait. I think we are going to have 6, 3 hour classes...
I don’t know when they show that video but I am sure my husband will never look at me the same.....he he ha ha

I had some practice while growing up with my brother (8 years younger than me)...but it’s been a while and I would like to refresh my memory re the nappies, bath etc.

How are you doing Aimee? How’s your bub doing? Man is mine active or what!!! Didn’t get much sleep last night!!! I am exhausted! Came to work after lunch!!

Edited by Roksana

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:33pm
I have decided to finish work a week earlier! So next friday is my last day. I am also only working 3 days Just cant be bothered anymore and its really nice being at home. Bubs is really active and makes work difficult. Hope everyhting is going well with you
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:37pm
Yah all is well...we have finally moved into our new house...its nice to have a place of my own and setting things up....

I dont know what my bub is doing but it feels like she is grabbing my guts and pulling on them........

Yah well I have 9 more weeks of work (unless bub is early).......

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:23pm
Yay!! Glad you have moved in, are things better with you and your hubby??

Now that I can talk from experience I just wanted to say about the maternity pads - I found the Libra Goodnights much better than the Stayfree Maternity ones - they are like a big mattress, LOL

We also use a flannel and water to wash but I have got wipes for going out and giant poos!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 9:03pm
yep see. told ya, lol, libra goodnights are GREAT!!!! then the libra maternity in the pink pack after that.... for those lucky enough to fit back in their tight jeans...lol

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:48am
I agree, I use libra goodnights and then the libra maternity later on they are so much more comfortable. Newmums right the other ones do feel like mattresses.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>