FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPubic bone Pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pubic bone Pain
    Posted: 12 July 2007 at 9:26am
Hey ladies,

I have a heavy feeling in my pubic bone, I am ok when I am lying down of sitting but when I move it hurts

What is this?

Sponsored Links

chonni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 9:56am
thats wat i get lilnutnut my mw said its the baby baning her head on my cervix and when theres pressure its the baby moing down even more it hurts real bad but doesint last for long??
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 10:15am
It's called Pubis Symphisis (sp). I had it terribly with Joshua, lasted aaaaaaaaaaages. My midwife wanted me to wear some kind of brace
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:27pm
I guess it could be bubs moving down into your pelvis but it could also be the Pubis symphisis thingy too. I have that and basically its when the join between the 2 halves of your pubic bone start to seperate. it is usually worse when you spread your legs, take big steps, climb stairs etc...but with me, I can sit cross legged but I am in agony rolling over at night and going up stairs sucks and even taking my shoes off by pushing down on the heel of one shoe with the toe of the other.

Bloody annoying!!! The physio said a support belt could help (but bubs hates that) and also trying to use your abs (yeah right) and pulling up your pelvic floor should help.

I'm learning to live with it which is probably not the best way to do it. but I have stopped going for long walks and when I do Ijust take it really slowly
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:46pm
I had this with addison. was so painful I couldnt walk for long towards the end. When she was born she had weird bruising and they think it might have been because of this.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 1:05pm
Get a physio referral for a smiley belt - they quite often make a big difference. Sleep with a pillow between your legs and when you get up lift your legs together.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 2:17pm
Smiley belt is great for that pain. I got one with Andrew and it was so good not to have that pain. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs will releve a bit of the pain as well.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

trying to use your abs (yeah right)

Lol!!

verity View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 6:46pm

yep i get the pain and sometimes sharp electric shocks that shoot down my daisy !! not nice, i always felt it is the pressure of the baby and his head rubbing in my pelvic bone....not nice...but what can you do, he does it even if i'm lying down!!!  walking!!! sitting.....

never used a support belt, but a hot bath or a hot wheat bag on my lower back at times does help..... strange but hey give it a go....

good luck.....

MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 6:49pm
lol, gee looks like i have yet another thing to 'look forward to' later in this pregnancy, sorry i have no advice, i hope it eases up for you soon! an i really hope i dont get it! is it common??
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 7:10pm
IVE HAD THAT PAIN FOR WEEKS!!!!! its soo anoying and gets so sore sometimes it feels like i cant walk properly, MW said its bubs banging the bone and it gets brused

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 9:29pm
I second the hot bath idea. I can be so sore I can hardly move and then I have a bath and its like nothing was ever wrong...so hope Ican use the bath for labour.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 9:38pm
It depends on where the baby is, I really only properly got this with #2. I found the bath helpful too, although in labour I prefer the shower.... anyway it shouldn't cause bruising for the baby, the exit is more likely to do that (but not always - a baby shouldn't really be born with bruises!).
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 10:29pm
I found it was really bad when I first woke up and so I just wanted to sit on my bum all day but I found if I moved around a bit it wasn't so bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply