FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToday I am ashamed to be a journalist :o(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 10:48pm
I do think the meida has crossed hte line lately on some of their coverage the worst i saw was tv3 and cambell live at the scence of hte the camp doing this big speech about how quiet it was etcthen you get this shot of an abulace with a bodybag in I found this incrediablly sad and in year's to come the famileis are going to see this and I bet it would hurt. I do how erver think like other's have said the families have prob welcomed ht epositive attention on their faith so ofteer the christain faith is potrayed in the news vet negitavily and this time it has not. I do beleve this was the one good thing to come out of all the media attention.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 11:29pm
the worst i saw was both me and my dad who is 1 of nz's fire service chiefs were both shocked that one of the news channels was allowed to show graphic photos of the deceased fireman lying on the ground covered in blood etc on the news it was a full close up head shot of him, i thought that was absolutley appauling
it would have been totally gut wrenching for his family to see that.

Edited by catrad

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by catrad catrad wrote:

the worst i saw was both me and my dad who is 1 of nz's fire service chiefs were both shocked that one of the news channels was allowed to show graphic photos of the deceased fireman lying on the ground covered in blood etc on the news it was a full close up head shot of him, i thought that was absolutley appauling

I didn't realise that was the dead man I thought it was just one of the hurt ones. Thats terrible.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by RachandJack RachandJack wrote:

I didn't realise that was the dead man I thought it was just one of the hurt ones. Thats terrible.

I never saw that thank goodness, but weather he was the dead or live one it is still awful to show that kind of thing on the news we put our kids to bed by 6 now as the news has got so grafic. and as for the fire coverage we just could not let our boy's see that as daddy is a fire fighter.
the other thing I have noticed lately we now get graffic decription's on all sort's of thing like the baby twin boy's that died I don't believe we need all the detail's on the exact injuries I am not saying we should turn a blind eye, but I don't want to know the gory detail's.
Deborah Mum to:

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by ButterflyMum ButterflyMum wrote:

Originally posted by RachandJack RachandJack wrote:

I never saw that thank goodness, but weather he was the dead or live one it is still awful to show that kind of thing on the news we put our kids to bed by 6 now as the news has got so grafic. and as for the fire coverage we just could not let our boy's see that as daddy is a fire fighter.
the other thing I have noticed lately we now get graffic decription's on all sort's of thing like the baby twin boy's that died I don't believe we need all the detail's on the exact injuries I am not saying we should turn a blind eye, but I don't want to know the gory detail's.

my 5yr old saw it and was really upset as she thought it was her grandad, i had to take her to see my dad to prove it wasnt him!

they do give really gory details latley often a bit TMI

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12