FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCouch to 5km running programme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 3:13pm
Hopes I'm going to start tomorrow, we can cheer each other on!

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Sponsored Links

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 6:35pm
I should start tomorrow too then... goodness, that's a bit scary, I was still in the 'contemplation' phase

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 10:15am
Hi ladies. Could some one please point me in the direction of the page that has the programme on it? i.e. instructions for how much to train etc?

Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 10:42am
It's on Page 1 of this thread Fiona

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 10:53am
Alright I am starting this afternoon - hoping that the wind settles down a bit before then though!!! Please please please!
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:18am
Sounds great. I'll join you. Been kind of doing it anyway but it'll be nice to have a support crew + some specific guidelines. I'm trying, so far unsucessfully, to cut out sugar & yeast too as they reduce energy levels and put pressure on the immune system (esp for people like me with systemic candida issues like me).

Weegee - congrats on your baby (super belated)! I randomly thought of you the other day but couldn't recall when you were due. Sorry it is sooo belated. Hope it has all gone well. Really loved chatting with you at Emma's farewell.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
myonlineself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myonlineself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 4:01pm
I think I'm going to join you guys - I need to get back into running.. will go check out the website. Will be good for the dog too ;-)

Anyone manage to push a pram and walk a dog at the same time?

flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 7:59pm
Yup, I have a Phil and Teds and a rather excitable poodle, he's in a halti for walks with the pram because he tries to compete with it. He does the couch to 5km too, be we do it pramless :)
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:41pm
I ran with the double buggy but not the dog as he would need to on a leesh and I am soo not that co-ordinated. it took me a couple of weeks to get use to running with the buggy.

So wheres everyone up to - I have just finished W5D2 so have the big 20 minute run coming up on Sunday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:49pm
Our ipods are being replaced by insurance tomorrow so Saturday will be W1D1. If I can convince DH he and the dog can be my running buddies. Will also have to get MIL to take the kids but that'll be easy enough.
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:56pm

Well I just tried to go on an evening run for the first time in like a year. Planned to jog/walk for 20 mins but managed only 10. Have been strugglin with fibromyalgia for most of this year tho so I'm putting it down to that!

Originally posted by FionaS FionaS wrote:

I'm trying, so far unsucessfully, to cut out sugar & yeast too as they reduce energy levels and put pressure on the immune system (esp for people like me with systemic candida issues like me).

I think I have the same problem! Reason I was motivated enough to go out for a run is that I've started to try and treat systemic candida and - lo and behold - it's working!

My mum told me to look into it, I did, and became convinced it was the source of my fibro symptoms. Did those questionaires and the spit test thing. Anyway, my point is: how have you been treating your yeast issue? Are you just trying to cut things out of your diet or are you on probiotics, etc?

I've been researching and there are so many products out there, I'm not sure which angle of attack is best lol.

Sorry to blatantly hijack the thread!

Back to running: So yeah I was unimpressed with my efforts tonight and I think I will jump on board with the suggested program

TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2010 at 7:35am
I so have to start this! I used to be able to run, but then I got lazy and stopped. I can normally walk for miles, although it was not so good for a while after the birth. My hip joints were pretty wrecked, so I didn't do much exercise. I'm super unfit now so I must do this. I'll have to run with the pram but it's a super heavy, chunky one, so we'll see how that goes!
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 11:43pm

Had Day 1 of Week 1 today, went very well. Hope I can maintain the required level of motivation haha

TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 1:40pm
Hi ladies...I have decided to join this forum because last time I tried this programme I only made it to week three. I figure I can use the rest of you for motivation.

7 weeks till christmas and I want to loose 5kgs...fingers crossed I come even close to this.

So starting tonight I am downloading the podcasts and hitting the waterfront.
Due 14/10/11
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 4:29pm

good luck kiwikt, what a great place to run

With this week as week 1, my week 9 conquer of the half hr run will be first week of next year. Great way to start the year i think

TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 12:19pm
So went for the first run of week 1 last night. Actually went really well. Didnt feel like I was going to die at all.
I think if I tried to do the same thing tonight I may die half way around though.

I drove the waterfront where I live last night to check the distance. From my house to the end of the waterfront and back is exactly 5km. So I will know I have made it when I can run from home and back.
Due 14/10/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 3:04pm
I have my ipod back now, with the C25K app (very cool and worth it if you have a touch), so no excuses.

Tonight W1R1
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 6:38pm

Day 2 of week 1 done. I'm surprised I made myself go. Figured I couldn't use any more self pity right now lol.

My ipod got taken from my car on the weekend  but I had it for 5 years so that's a good run...

I just put my cellphone on stopwatch, carried it with me and checked the time every 30 seconds lol.

TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011