FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPram/Stroller help for first time Mum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 8:03am
yeah we looked at them but our cc are maxed so cant do any shopping from them for a while hehe.
apparently babystar isnt much more than winkalotts, babycity was over $800 for the double set so I was in o way buying form htere hehe.
let me know how you go at babystar i have heard great things about it so now just have to get df out there to have a look, he hates baby shopping
Sponsored Links

catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 4:39pm
HI Monique

Visited Babystar today and it has heaps of stuff - alot at the $$$$ Exp end of the market, but they do have a good range of the latest P&T stuff. We only had a quick look as we were only doing Pram recky today, but also had good range of clothes (bubs & Mum) along with all other bub stuff (fuzzibuns, lotions, etc...). Has easy parking outside shop too, which is great as Adelaide Rd is a busy street. I think I have managed to talk my hubby into getting a P&T now - YIPEEEEEEEEE he has finally come to his senses and seen my way (as they normally do after a little coaxing!!). I think we will either get through Winkalotts or via Trademe if able just to save $$. Hope you have fun at Babystar when you get there, the staff seemed really lovely

catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 3:12pm
Thanks for everyones help - managed to talk hubby into letting me buy P&T Sports Buggy (new model out) YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Have just gone online at Winkalotts and ordered a nice red one (hubby is a big crusaders fan - also red is my fav colour). So fingers crossed it all goes well - sorry very excited as this is the first thing we have purchased for our baby

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 3:53pm
awesome, yeah i wouldnt have recomended tm for buying one as ive noticed alot of people selling their second hand ones asking for way more than what you can buy brand new.
good on ya i convinced df ages ago lol he had to see one to believe mehow good they were, now we see them everywhere in wellington
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 11:02am
So how do P&Ts compare to Mountain Buggy? I was thinking of a Mountain buggy urban elite. any thoughts?
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 4:38pm
if you are planning on having more than one child i wouldnt recomend the mountain buggy as they dont have toddler attatchments.
but if you are only having the one i think they are both excellant prams.

i have test run them both in shops and i do like the feel of them both, but the p&t do have a completely lay back flat back where as mountain buggy dont

Edited by haleighsmum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 1:33pm
Thats good to know Monique. I was thinking about getting the mountain buggy with a carry cot so bubs can face me in those early months. As for the 2nd child, we definately do want one but part of me thinks it is more likely to happen if we are totally unprepared so that might lean us to the mountain buggy. If we find we have to change it in a couple of years we wont be too upset, it will mean No 2 is on the way
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 4:50pm
hehe yeah. we never planned on number 2 so we are still yet to buy our p&t but we still ahve plenty of time (so DF reacons lol).
I love the idea of the carrycots to, I was looking at the mountain buggy twin pram as you can have one carrycot at a time in it but I dont liek side by side prams esp since I walke everywhere and my single buggy barely fits through doorways.
which is what leaned us towrds the p&t.
but eyah i ahve to say the carry cot idea is def a great way cause then it doesnt matter when bubs is asleep in it as they are still completly flat as if they are in bed.
TaylasMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaylasMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 10:34pm
I have used a Snap n Go for the past 12 weeks they are great I would highly recommend especially if you have C/S, I hired it from BabyFactory,On Friday I brought a stroller from farmers, and starting using it today, great for around town!!!!
BillieSue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieSue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 3:46pm
Hi - just a note on Phil & Ted's strollers - the newest model comes with mudguards on the back wheels which is a great idea, but I hear thru the grapevine that they HAD to add these as when the todler seat is added on the back of the stroller, the child is low enough to put their fingers through the back wheels! Be aware if your model doesn't have the mudguards and check how long your kid's arms are if using this seat. You should be able to get mudguards from a bike shop I would say, or possibly from the P&T factory.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 4:14pm
I've just ordered my mountain buggy and carry cot from Baby Factory while they are on special. Buggy was $599 and I think the special ends this weekend then they go up to $799!!!!!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 4:18pm
awesome, yeah babyfactory tried to get me to buy the mountain buggy hehe.
thanks for the mudguard advice, when we buy ours if it doesnt have it on it I will jsut contact p&t factory about getting some.
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:21pm
Thanks ladies

After alot of debate on different buggies - it wasn't until I had read your posts & did further research on several different sites that I realised the Urban Elite Mountain Buggy - that we have already purchased isn't really going to be the one! It's lightweight & easy to maneuvre & awesome if you're only planning to have one but does not have the toddler seat option that we would like to have the option of..

We had only briefly looked at the P & T sports buggy -until tonight - we are going to have to try & get a credit now for our Mountain Buggy lol! The way that other twin seat models jut out looks really awkward & just doesn't seem to be all that user friendly. I'm definitely getting mine from winkalotts

Thanks again

My wee boy is due 12/08/2007
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 8:08pm
I've just bought my pram today! Well, it's on layby.

It's a Milano Telescopic Fold Stroller from Babycity. It was $299

We weren't keen on spending so much on a stroller as I don't drive and will just be using it to go for little walks to the shops and back. The one I got is really light, has four wheels (which I wanted) and is from newborn up. I didn't bother getting one with a toddler seat as we are only planning on having the one child. I could have got the capsule to go with it, but I decided not to as I don't think I'll be using it much. (Not much of a shopper, and I think I'll be spending a lot of time at home or walking to visit family).

So I'm very pleased!
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 8:34pm

Sounds like it was the ideal purchase for you eomachine

We just returned our buggy today & got a credit for it. Might get our cot using the credit as they don't have the stroller we want there. Certainly starts adding up!

All the best with your little one

Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 2:12pm
After researching both Moutain Buggy and Phil&Ted I think they are both excellend brands. If you get either I don't think you'd be disappointed at all.

The Phil&Ted brand does have the added advantage of buying the secon seat for toddler and the MB has rear shocks (great for running)....so both have pros & cons.

The Phil&Ted is slightly narrorer and folds downs smaller than MB (in case you have space restrictions). I took DH to view both in the shop and he really liked the P&T so looks like we'll be getting that one.

Truely I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 3:03pm
It does sound that way doesnt it? We have ordered our MB with a carry cot. When number 2 comes around we will be more than happy to change to something that works for a toddler....until then, I cant wait for our buggy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12