FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA glass of wine is good for baby!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A glass of wine is good for baby!!
    Posted: 02 November 2008 at 3:06pm
...so a new study reveals.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Health/Pregnant-Drinking-Women-May-Help-Children-If-They-Drink-Light-Amount-During-Pregnancy/Article/200810415137227?

Sorry - can't seem to post it as a link - you may have to copy and paste into your address bar.

Edited by Spirals
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 7:55pm
linkity-link

Odd report! I daresay though that there would be a certain level of "class" for most mothers who regularly drink a glass of wine a week compared to those who drink none at all! I wouldn't drink wine to "help" my baby but I might reconsider having the odd wine (probably around 3 wines per pregnancy!).......dunno....
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 8:31pm
They showed that on the news here too. I agree with Teresa. Personally I wouldnt take the risk.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 9:13pm

1 report for compared to 100s against.  I still wouldn't touch wine during pregnancy (partly because the sight and smell of it makes me want to barf, that was one of my first clues that I was pregnant - my body seems to know what it does and doesn't need and apparently wine is not on the list of "needs")

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 9:42pm
I agree with the last post, the smell and sight of wine made me physically ill when pregnant, and I personally wouldn't risk it. I had a sip of Rose Lindauer at Christmas and that was enough. I don't really like wine much anyway so I don't drink very much even when not pregnant!
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 10:14pm
I know, it's amazing huh!! All these thousands of reports and medical experts telling you one thing - then this 'revolutionary' new study reveals something that contradicts them all.

Certainly no competition for me on who to believe - 1 study going against the grain of millions of others!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 6:12pm
I'm sure you can find a study anywhere to tell you what you want to hear.

There has just been a huge study done on drugs and pregnancy, the drug that does the most damage to bubs by far is alcohol. Way way worse than P or heroin.
 Post Reply Post Reply