FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreastfeeding..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 2:39pm
I still don't feel my let down, so can't comment on that one!

But I went to the Osteopath today and she did say that my little one did have tension in his jaw so wasn't opening his mouth enough, thus not latching on enough.

I've another session with her in a fortnight, so hopefully I'll see some changes.
Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 4:08pm

Sounds like you're doing the right things, Kandice... if you get any more trouble, the La Leche League (your midwife or plunket can give you a number for them) are meant to be great... advice is all good, but sometimes we also need someone to just come and look and see what's going on, rather than us trying to describe it and them describing what to do, etc. 

About the hiccups, Thompson's Gripe Water (from the supermarket) is meant to help them.  Ella went through a phase of hiccupping so much it was hard to get her back to sleep after night feeds... Gripe Water didn't seem to help her (but I've heard others say it helped them, and hey - it's cheap!), but the good news is, they seem to grow out of it pretty quickly. 

Andie
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 6:52pm
Yeah i cant get Kylah back to sleep afternight feeds cos her hiccups ae so bad. Im going to get some gripe water tomorrow thanks.. By the way, how do i give it to her? Lol lame aye..
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 7:31pm
Just on a teaspoon I think?

Cooper has inherited my knack for hicups too. I just have to look at a fizzy drink and I start!!
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 7:37pm
Bella got them heaps when I was pregnant with her and that hasn't changed now that she's out!

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 8:09pm
Sounds like you are doing a really great job Kandice. Caprece still chokes on the milk and can sometimes get a bit worked out so i do what nikki said, I pull her off and put a flannel over my boob and sit her up and burp her. When the milk has stopped flowing out so fast I latch her back on.

Be careful with Cabbage leaves as they can secrease your milk supply.

If you are ever really stuck I am happy to bring caprece round and help out
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 9:56pm
Like I told you my let down was too fast as well. Other tip I can give you is to manualy express a bit of milk so she can get to the hind milk a bit faster which will flow a bit slower. And like I said lean a bit back so the milk doesnt just flow into her mouth and then she chokes.

Really hope you come right.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 10:39am
hang in there kandice, these things do take a little time to get sorted, it's all so new to everyone. we used gripe water with charli and gave it to her in a syringe. you can get them from chemists for next to nothing.

did you give la leche league a call? they are awesome!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12