FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome to Luca Edwin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to Luca Edwin
    Posted: 24 August 2007 at 11:55am
My step-sister had her baby last night by emergency c-section after 18 hours of horrific labour. She is all of about 4'9 and 45kg, and baby was 8lb 1oz, and wasn't able to come out naturally as he wouldn't fit! She is doing well and MY father has been by her bedside the WHOLE time.

I am quite close to my step-sister, but I am really really disappointed in my dad as he didn't come to see me and Sam for FIVE WHOLE BLOODY DAYS after I had him because he was at work. He has taken the whole week off work to be with her and even rushed back to Hamilton on his way to work to be with her when she went into labour.

I am really upset also because all day yesterday my step-sister was asking for me and wanting me to be there and dad turned all their phones off and didn't bother to let me know what was happening. She had texted me at 5AM to let me know that she was in labour and going into hospital and that she would make sure that someone got hold of me to let me know what was happening so that I could go and visit her because she really wanted me to be there, and she was there for me straight after I had Sam. But no. Nobody called, nobody texted, I worried all day about it and the only reason I found out she had the baby was because I finally got a hold of my dad who then said I wasn't allowed to visit because she was in shock and it was a family time. WTF?!?!?! I am family, but obviously not enough for him to want me around.

He said he would call me first thing this morning to let me know what was happening because and if he would take me up to see her.

But no, no phone call, nothing. I am so disappointed in him.

Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a big rant about my dad, it was meant in congratulations for my sister.

Grr.
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 12:13pm
Father's can be real dicks sometimes huh?

Huge congrats to your step-sister! I hope you get to see her and meet your nephew soon!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 1:29pm
Aww hun that's not nice. How frustrating for you! Just not what you need at the moment I'm sure. I hope you get to see your step-sister today & meet your new nephew!! How nice that Sam will have a cousin so close in age. Love the name Luca too!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 3:58pm

Well, big congrats to your sister, and hey... congratulations to you too, Auntie Renee!  Great that Sam has a wee cousin.  And sorry to hear about your Dad messing things up so badly.  Grandparents sometimes act plain WEIRD when their Grandy is arriving, eh.  They can forget there's anyone else in the world apart from them and the baby!  Sheesh, some people. 

Andie
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 8:13pm
Congrats to your sister I just love the name Luca. about your dad sometimes they just have no idea.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 9:49pm
Welcome baby Luca and big congrats Aunty Renee and big cousin Sam! I love the name Luca too, if I ever have a boy (and I highly doubt it!) that's what I'd call him.

Sucky about your Dad, that's pretty rude of him. Is your sister angry that he did that? I'd be gutted if the person I wanted to be my support person didn't get there.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 8:45am
Welcome to Luca and congratulations to your Sister.

Don't worry about your Dad, lots of them are like that. I think my Dad has only seen Samantha twice so far and she is 4 months on Monday! Slack! The worst thing is that he only lives like 15 minutes from me!

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 9:46am
Renee it took my dad 2 days to come & see me after I had Gia - & he lived next door to me! But the minute my sister had her baby (5 months later) he was straight up to the hospital & was up there everyday as she was in for 5 days after having a c-section! It made me pretty angry to say the least. I'm the 3rd daughter, but am a bit more independant from my family (still live close to them, & see them regularly though), but don't feel I need to live in their pockets. I think my dad thinks I don't "need" him & feels a little rejected!

I'm wondering how long it will take him to come & see me after I've have this baby. I hope he's not silly & leave it a day or 2 again as I'd probably have a go at him, & I know my DH is really annoyed at him for not coming to see me last time. So I know how it's made you feel! Especially too with your dad, being that it's his step-daughter & not his own flesh & blood.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 3:23pm
congrats aunty renee

my dad doesnt even know that i was pregnant littlelone that he has another wee grandson! and he knows where we live!!! stink ass fathers!!
 Post Reply Post Reply