FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHoney Child Nappies offer-research

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by cc cc wrote:

Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

I took think HCs are a bit on the expensive side for an NZ made nappy, but HCs are made in a factory with over heads so they will never be as cheap as a WAHM making them in her "spare time" and probably not even paying taxes so WAHM nappies are always going to be cheaper.

I am actually feeling a little offended by this comment

My sister in law runs a business from home and it is far from 'spare time' work - just different hours to what 'people who go to work' do. I think anyone who runs a proper business would be paying tax if they are going about it the right way so I think that was a little off to make a comment like that (just my TCW). Factory produced products should be cheaper or at least cost next to nothing to produce.

I'm sure Toni doesn't mean to offend but her point is valid with regards to costs....HC nappies (and FB nappies) are made in large factories to fulfill demand and at HC alone there are a number of staff before you even get into the number of agents (which is what 40+)...those are all overheads that most WAHM's, at least the ones I personally know, don't necessarily have.

And bias aside I became an agent because FB have been a great brand. Like Toni I have nappies that are a couple of years old that still look like new. Granted there have been issues since the move to produce in Mexico but HC have taken the best of FB and improved on it so really, it's like anything, you do get what you pay for.

If the nappies prove themselves then i am more than happy to pay more. I'd rather do that I know that I can use them through several children than have to go buy more. I have onsold a lot of WAHM nappies becuase I felt like they didn't really stand up where as I only onsold my FB when I became an agent so I could buy all new ones...quite frankly for the hell of it, not because we needed to. There was nothing wrong with them.

Edited by Paws

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 9:34pm
There are other things to take into account with the WAHM vs factory made issue. Generally with fabric, as with most other things, the more you buy the cheaper it is, so the cost of materials per nappy would be far less for a factory made nappy which might be made in a batch of 1000 vs a WAHM nappy made in a batch of 20. Same goes with shipping costs, the more you ship the cheaper it is. So I think to outright say it's cheaper for a WAHM to make a nappy than to make a factory nappy is a bit misleading. It's just that the costs are different.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:43am
Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly, I'll try to...

When I said "spare time" I meant that as a tongue in cheek comment as all us Mums know there is no such thing as spare time!

In regards "low overheads" I meant not paying tax, a lot of WAHM nappy producers are a small set up and wouldn't necessarily make $40k per year (the cut off before you have to pay GST), also wouldn't have as many staff/agents to sell the product who expect to get paid too, rent for the factory & set up costs and also haven't spent thousands on development of the product to ensure it is up to scratch to be sold alongside the high-end market products.

Bulk buying of material is true, but not when that material is also top-end fabric to ensure the product is as good as it claims

Postage - We can't freight out 12 nappies, so they're always going to be $10 p&p as they are couriered to ensure your product reaches you, if not then there is a way to track them = least inconvenience to the customer should they go missing on route.

This thread was not meant as a justificatiion for the cost of a nappy it was more a question of are we giving you the offers you want.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 3:02pm

The cheaper the better I feel ..... also maybe a loyalty system?  That might sway people.

Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:00pm
Just wanted to say, i'm loving mine...
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

The cheaper the better I feel ..... also maybe a loyalty system?  That might sway people.

HC do already have a referral/loyalty system in place which rewards you whenever you refer new customers.

Hopefully your agent would have explained all that to you.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 7:50am

I kind of meant buy a certain amount get one free ... like at the coffee shop lol

I actually dont know any pregnant women personally in my circle ... so I wouldnt have anyone to refer :(

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:03am
Well effectively that's what we offered in both our OB offers, but a six pack and get a free nappy...but everyone else here has said that they don't want a free $35 nappy!

Plus also at the moment you get an extra free insert when you purchase a pre-set nappy package.

Edited by Paws

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:09am

Hmm yes I saw that, but not everyone can afford a six pack in one hit....

I know its a lot of work, but if you had a loyalty card system, each nappy purchase could go against the total required to be eligable for your free one....

It  would also be fantastic if  people could choose to give you there purchase (eg if grandma wanted to buy two as a gift or something like that) to your loyalty card number.

ALSO....

Another idea (yes I know more admin) .... my husband belongs to a loyalty system thats based on $ and for every $150.00 they spend (accumulatively) they get a $15.00 voucher, that might help as the extras (inserts, boosters etc) could be included and it would be easier for people to get some kind of reward.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:25am
those are some good ideas lilfatty. and your right not everyone can afford or wants to buy 6 in one go.

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:49am
I agree. That would be a good way to reward loyalty to the brand.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:59am
So people would be happy to pay the higher one off price if they got a free nappy after they had bought 6 or 12 of them instead of getting a package price?

I'm also wondering...are people aware that we have a system for nappies to be paid off so you don't have to pay the cost up front? Does that make any difference to people who would eventually be buying the equivelant of a pack of nappies?

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:11am

I personally wouldnt pay anymore for a nappy than the retail price of a fuzzibun as I dont see why I would move to a more expensive product.

IF another product was the same price but offered a loyalty system based on a cumulative spend then I would consider changing ESPECIALLY if friends and family could gift there purchases to my account.

A package deal is not really any good to me as my family and friends will be buying nappies and at $30+ per person they dont see it as a big outlay...but it helps us out tremendously.

Also....if you did the cumulative spend thing.......that would help out parents as there kiddies grow and change sizes or they wanted to buy gifts for other mothers (which would also be a great way to get new mums aware of your product)...for example I often purchase birthday, christmas gifts etc at shops where I earn loyalty points as the person gets a gift and I also get something.

Anyway.....just an idea from one mummy to be 

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:13am
i think tho that a lot of people prefer to buy one or two to start then decide if they suit them or their baby, then they may decide to get more if they do.

People are still going to buy them, but i think you do have to expect a bit of trepidation about the honey child nappies are they are essentially untested by the nappy buying public yet. I think that maybe charity might have been better off selling them at a lower price to start with to build up her client base and reputation then up her prices.      

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:29am
Originally posted by GandT GandT wrote:

I think that maybe charity might have been better off selling them at a lower price to start with to build up her client base and reputation then up her prices.      

an 'introductory' price would've been a great idea. i would probably have tried one at a lower price and then perhaps been swayed to get more if i liked them that much.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:41am
Originally posted by jack_&_charli jack_&_charli wrote:

an 'introductory' price would've been a great idea. i would probably have tried one at a lower price and then perhaps been swayed to get more if i liked them that much.

I'm the same.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 10:42am
Keep on trucking Toni and Gen... good reviews from those who have tried them and that can only continue (and bring up the acceptance of the HC packs to the same as the FB packs). I know if I had a babe still in nappies then I'd be buying one!

I do think the naps are generally expensive, but it seems you get what you pay for.
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 3:09pm
I would prefer cheaper nappies, i mean i buy one at a time.. i cant afford to go out and buy 6 or 12.. its just way to much for my one income family, as much as id love too.. Id like to try a HC nap, and a FB nap, because i dont own either Iv got some peapods and some bumgenius.. but i havent tried either yet.
I mean peapods were cheap 3 for $50.. thats great!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12