FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbanned from parade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: banned from parade
    Posted: 19 November 2007 at 8:47am
all news to me...

link

Sponsored Links

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 10:00am
I don't even know who they are
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 9:57pm
i heard the tail end of the story on radio today.....never heard of them or the ban

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 10:01pm
Aren't they the ones that camp out on main roads with members locked in cages etc to protest the Chinese govt? From the little I know about them I really don't think the Santa Parade is a suitable place to air their views.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 10:25pm
Their float was extremely strange, and looked rather out of place in a Christmas parade. The float was HUUUUUGE! Bigger/taller than any other (I got a picture of it if anyone was interested), but I had no idea who they were. There was one man on the float that sat there with his eyes closed and I actually said to DH 'is that guy going to meditate the whole way through the parade?!'
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 11:42pm

Pics please Kirst. That seems very strange

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:21am
I'll say....share the pics!!

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:44am

Nothing Christmassy about it... in saying that though, I don't know anything about these people! So maybe it is Christmassy?! The photo doesn't do the actual size of the float any justice.

ETA: just saw the tinsel... Guess that's Christmassy LOL

ETA again: DH just informed me that this probably isn't even the group in question!!!! crazy float anyway

Last time ETA: ok, it is the right group. There's a video of it on the link that Deb posted in the first post.

Edited by baalamb
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 11:42am
Whilst I don't think much of Falun Gong as an organisation, I have to agree with them that it is a breach of the Bill of Rights to ban them from the parade. Whatever happened to freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of political belief?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:17am
most of the time they are a group from the temples and celebrating with everyone for xmas....they open the temples to share their "religion" and ways of life with everyone and are such a peaceful people...I have no problem with them in any parade - I dont agree they should necessarily hand out flyers but understand they agreed not to anyways...so i dont see the harm in their float....its not all about santa (says the atheist!)
 Post Reply Post Reply