FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGetting motivated?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:35pm
Teehee
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Cheche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 7:30pm
Mummy_becks has got it right...

having a list of tasks for the day can be really helpful for motivation :). But don't wait till that day to write it (some mornings I wake up without enough motivation to even write a list), choose a time when you're feeling good and make a schedule for the whole week. I read some great tips about what to include each day:
- something that will bring a sense of accomplishment.
- something that will bring a sense of enjoyment.
- something involving others you enjoy being around.

That way you go to bed looking forward to the next day (hopefully a little more) and wake up knowing exactly what you've got to do.

Also when you're writing you're schedule just pretend you're not depressed, even if it's just for the moment.

Hope that helps!

PS I relate to everyone who's written here and it's a big relief to know I'm not alone in this.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:11pm
Cheche's checklist of things to do each day was a good one from when I was depressed. Just make them small milestones though, like sense of accomplishment, doing some chore... not like spring cleaning the whole house. Unless you really feel you can do it. Make sure you force yourself to do all three every day, even if you really don't want to. Even if you really can't be bothered and are dreading doing something, even your "enjoyment" task... just start doing it even if you feel like you will hate it. Because 9 times out of 10 you will end up enjoying it once you have gotten started, plus you will feel a sense of accomplishment for being able to tick it off your checklist, and it will make you feel heaps more motivated.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12