FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF Private to Public...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF Private to Public...
    Posted: 16 December 2007 at 12:47pm
Hi guys,

Have been keeping pretty quiet in here over the past few months - have been taking a break from the whole TTC saga. I have now had 10 sessions of acupuncture and am awaiting AF to begin next week to see if it has made any difference this time round - it did make a slight change last cycle except it was 32 days long instead of my constant 28/29 day cycle.

Well, we made the decision a couple of months back to go for a privately funded IVF cycle in Feb - have a meeting with FA nurse early Jan to get things going. Then out of the blue I got a phone call from the Public Coordinator saying they are able to offer us that cycle under the Public system - you can imagine my elation at saving $8500+ and getting this news right before Christmas. We are still going ahead with out meeting with the Nurse, then it is all on as of day 1 of my Feb cycle (due end of Feb)....but hey I have to keep positive and hope that things might work between then and now..   

We are hoping that the combination of acupuncture and having nearly three weeks off at Christmas might do the trick and if not then we've still got IVF.

Anyway - just thought i'd catch you up on where we are at, haven't made much progress except for the IVF funding so fingers crossed for us and all of the others TTC over the Christmas break.

Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 12:49pm
that is fantastic news right before Christmas!!!

Have everything crossed that this public cycle is succussful for you guys!

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 9:38pm
awesome news mellybelly! good luck and keep us updated

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 11:24pm
Awesome news
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 10:54am
Hey Mellybelly
That's great! hope it all goes well for you!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 9:54pm
Yay how great they are going to fund it for ya. I'll be hoping you don't need it tho
 Post Reply Post Reply