FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMummy2One Jr is here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 1:41pm
I have seen photos of this little boy and OMG he is gorgy. Looks like his mummy.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 2:39pm
He is indeed -

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:37pm
A tall one - he's the same height as Kryssi at birth but she was 8lb0oz.
Congrats and all the best for speedy recovery
hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:58pm
Congrats.
Desiree

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 7:53pm

Congratulations!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 7:54pm
Congrats again Dawn - you're a legend! Welcome boy #2! How cool!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 10:03pm
Congratulations Dawn and welcome Liam
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 10:27pm
awww, congratulations!!! what a tall little fella

happy birthday little man
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 12:43am
Congrats Dawn!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 5:35pm
Hi Everyone
I've been talking to Dawn via Text today and I offered to give you all a message.

Heres what she says:

She is still in hospital and will hopefully be out tomorrow and she will let you know the dramas as soon as she can.

Mel
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 6:36pm
Lucky Liam's arrival

Right I'll start from the start. Started getting contractions at 8.30pm on 4 March (which once again I thought were probably the BH's tricking me). Well anyway after about 1/2 an hour I decided that nup this could be the real thing. Went to the loo (TMI) and had a bit of a clean out so to speak, and DH had made me some dessert, I thought about eating it and then he said to me you don't feel like it do you, and I said yip you're right I don't, so flagged that and jumped in the bath instead. In that time had had a bit of a show and the contractions were 1 min 15 secs apart within 1/2 an hour they were coming every 30 secs lasting for 30 secs. So rang the mw for the second time and we made our way to the hospital after DH's parents had arrived to look after Lockie. Made it to the hospital in record time (we are still awaiting any speeding tickets that might follow). Got there just before 10.30pm. Mw examined me about 11pm and I was 5cm dialated. All was going well at this stage and I said to her I really need this epidural, the gas was good but the contractions were that intense that even my mw said an epidural would be a good thing. Wll by 12am I was 9cm, she then broke my waters and put a clip on babies head to moniter his heart rate better. It had been on there for no longer than 5mins and his heart rate went down to 70. They initially thought that he was lying on the cord so rolled me from left to right buy it made no difference. Before we knew it the red button had been pushed and we were rushed into have an emergency c-section.

So to cut a long story short, they got bub out who had been without oxygen for 4 mins and they found that I had bleeding behind the placenta which had cut off bubs supply. But that's not the end of the story while they were getting bubs out a hole was made in my bladder as due to my previous section it had knitted together on my uterus (a common thing for organs to knit together). Liam was born at 12.53am on 5 March weighing a healthy 8lb 14oz and 57cm. I've had a lot of comments from people saying "where did you hide him".

I'm feeling really good about things and trying not to think what if as the bleed could have happened anywhere at anytime so we were definately in the right place at the right time and have a happy story to share. I think my midwife was just awesome the way she handled things. As something like this isn't very common the surgical team were quite shaken along with my midwife. My midwife did a delivery the next day in Rangiora that went really well. She said she needed it and felt reassured that things could go right.

Right had better go and wake my boy as he has been asleep since 2.30pm and the other one is just getting out of the bath now.

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 6:40pm
Wow I'm glad everything went all right sounds a bit scary.

Congratulations on your new Arrival Dawn can't wait to see some pics.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 8:39pm
Yay you got to go home, that's awesome!!!

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12