FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLongies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longies
    Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:28pm
A few questions as I am going to try mine to stop the leaks we seem to get from side sleeping...

* What other clothes do you put your kids in when they are wearing longies? Just a bodysuit and top, or all in one/pyjamas?

* How do you lanolise them? I have one that isn't, so can I still use that one just over pockets instead of fitteds?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:34pm
To lanolise:
To use your soaker or longies as nappy covers you will need to lanolise them to make them leak proof. You can buy a specific lanolising product eg Sudz'n'Dudz balm, wool wash bar or liquid wash from Bumbles or just get pure lanolin from a sheepskin shop or use Purelan or Lansinoh from the chemist and apply as follows:

Pea-sized dollop in a cup of boiling water with a dollop of baby shampoo or wool wash to dissolve; fill bucket with lukewarm water to cover your cover, pop cover in, mix in the lanolin mix. Leave it to sit for approx 15 mins. Then gently roll up the cover in a towel to dry.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:36pm
I'd just put a body suit/top - she'll be warm enough with just longies.

And what Rach said on the lanolising front.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:38pm
I was going to pm you Nikki, but dont see you around here so much - work must be keeping you out of trouble!

Thanks!! I have some Lansinoh around here somewhere.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 2:09pm
I'm not sure if the ones I sent you are lanolised or not? Margo (Kiwiwonder) made them for the gremlins but we always used them over pockets so it wasn't an issue.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 2:14pm

Josh just wears his overtop of a nappy and wears a PJ top.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by mummy_becks mummy_becks wrote:

Josh just wears his overtop of a nappy and wears a PJ top.

same here with toby ... or sometimes last winter he wore an all in one bodysuit and had a soaker underneath - so long as it is roomy and not tight it was fine...

Edited by Bizzy

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 8:54am
Successful wearing of longies last night! No wet bed from side sleeping, but a very wet nappy. Thanks everyone
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 8:56am
YAY!!!!!

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 9:42am

Aimee is there somewhere you can buy longies (since Im not a knitter?) We are having problems here with leaky nappies as Drew is also a side sleeper.  Thanks!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 9:49am
Originally posted by KiwiMummy KiwiMummy wrote:

Aimee is there somewhere you can buy longies (since Im not a knitter?) We are having problems here with leaky nappies as Drew is also a side sleeper.  Thanks!

whats his meausurements - i can see if any of tobys old ones will fit him if you want...

otherwise you can see if you can pick some up from TNN - or maybe just a soaker (same thing but not long). i know that scamps sell some ...

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 10:18am

Thank you Bizzy, you are a .  My heffalump is now 6.74 kgs (14pd 14oz) and 61 cms long.  I will go check out TNN as well

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 11:12am
Or Stacey sells some on Foxy Bots for a good price.

And yay for you Aimee!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 11:16am
Will take a photo tonight, they look so cute! Its great cos I have a pair from Emma that fit now, and then your ones Nikki will fit after that.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 12:10pm

'scuse my ignorance...  What are longies??  I've seen a pic of a pair of knitted ones - I thought they were little pants?  Now I find out there's a whole new baby product I had no idea existed...

Andie
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 1:03pm
yep andie they are knitted long pants, but if they are lanolised wool then they are used as a waterproof cover over fitted nappies.. you can get shorties too; knitted shorts, skorts; a combination of a skirt and shorts, and soakers; knitted over pants...

Post Reply Post Reply