FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked’Baby Brain’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:26pm
I still have baby brain after my m/c! The main one for me is in the shower, I often forget I've washed my hair, so I'll start washing it again and then half way thru realise I've already done it Once it starts, it really doesn't stop, lol!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Sponsored Links

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:37pm
Sorry Ginger, I have to concur with all the other Ladies... it never ends! I think Mummy-brain is even worse than baby-brain!
Lou
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Lulu Lulu wrote:

I think Mummy-brain is even worse than baby-brain!

Yep definately, I often have to brush my teeth a couple of times in the morning as I can never remember if I have brushed them or not, so I brush them again just incase
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by BellaBabysMum BellaBabysMum wrote:

One of my prime moments was going down to the supermarket in the small wee hours of the morning, putting the shopping on the passenger seat and then wandering around and climbing in the back seat, shutting the door and then 2 mins later realising i needed to be in the front seat to drive home

This actually makes me cry with laughter! DH is going to get angry with me in bed tonight when he's trying to sleep and I start thinking of the preggy lady sitting in the back seat waiting for the car to take her home!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:31pm
Yep when I was pregnant I just forgot how to spell so I figured I was getting off easy (except for one time when I ran the washing machine with the plug in the sink and flooded the garage). But then Nappy brain kicked in and boy oh boy is that something.

I constantly wash and rewash my hair/face as I forget whether I've done it or not as soon as I've done it. I too brush my teeth twice or not at all

I damn near set up an infinite loop with my email accounts by creating a strange auto forward rule and then deciding to test it out. (I'm not at work at the moment but I'm pretty sure the tech guys would have hunted me out if I had managed that one)

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by BellaBabysMum BellaBabysMum wrote:

Mine got worse after i had ella and has just gone downhill from this pregnancy lol

One of my prime moments was going down to the supermarket in the small wee hours of the morning, putting the shopping on the passenger seat and then wandering around and climbing in the back seat, shutting the door and then 2 mins later realising i needed to be in the front seat to drive home

ROFL
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

There was recently a study done which confirmed the existence of baby brain, I read about it somewhere but now can't remember where.

........... a perfect example of nappy brain
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:32pm
For me it was definitely worst in the first trimester, and probably the last couple of weeks of pregnancy too. I reckon fatigue has a lot to do with it.

Then of course I had baby brain after Lucy was born which I expect was also fatigue related.
Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:37pm
I've just noticed mine kicking in, I got over charged by $4 in the chemist last night and then again by $4 when I was buying dinner and didn't notice until I'd got home.

Today at work I've found it really hard to email, listen to the radio, listen to my manager and text my partner all at the same time. Something up until now was quite easy.

Typing accurately went out the window months ago mind you!

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 5:27pm
Hehe, I love these stories! I've found it's got worse in the last trimester (and it gets worse after baby comes ). I have two that I do constantly - Toast goes in the toaster - doesn''t get put down and I wander into the kitchen several minutes later wondering where my toast is; leaving the oven elements on. I also got home last night and found I'd printed the same document 4 times - I'd print it, shut off the computer then think "OMG, I forgot to print it" - switch it back on, go through it all again. 4 bloody times?!
Mum to two wee boys
Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 10:02am
I had a classic a week ago when I was only just over 4wks preg! Thats how I knew lol

I got our gas bottle refilled. Got in car and proceded to tell my sister that was the most expensive fill I've ever had, and we chatted about that as I drove home. Then a couple hours later we got in the car to take her home, and I thought "wheres my gas bottle?"..lol, i'd left it behind at servo! Can't believe I drove away talking about the bottle while I just left it there.
Went down to servo who said they'd noticed it still on forecourt an hour after I left so locked it up. Lucky!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12