FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 8:27pm
I was 80kgs the week I fell pregnant, at full term 86kgs, four days after having Hayden (4.45kgs at birth) I was 80.2kgs and 10 days after I was 77kgs. I hardly exercised during my pregnancy and ate plenty including ice cream and quarter pounders like they were going out of fashion!!! I didnt even give the weight gain a second thought, I figured my body knew what it was doing and because I was reasonably heavy to start with my gain wasnt huge, I know much slimmer people who gained much much more but I figure that is your body adapting to what it needs to support the baby you are carrying.

I hear the tricky thing is keeping the weight off once you stop breast feeding but hopefully I can lose another 7kgs at least before we are considering weaning off the breast. Really need to tone up what is left though, its all rather soft and a bit wobbly still lol

Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 10:04am
Yup denny don't feel bad, I put on 18kg over the course of my pregnancy. Actually given that I lost 8kg due to hyperemesis in the first trimester you could say I put on 26kg    

I was 68kg (and a bit podgy really) pre preg, got down to 60kg by week 14, and got up to 86kg by week 40. When JJ was 4 weeks old I weighed myself and had gotten back to 70kg, with no effort at all - biggish baby plus lots of fluid. Haven't weighed myself since but there's still a lot more flab there and I suspect I will have to put some effort in to get rid of that last little bit (plus some, I'd like to be less than 60kg).

Murphy's Law says I will just get back to my ideal weight and it will be time to get pregnant again

(edited for bad maths!)

Edited by weegee

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
sadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 10:49am
Denny, I was the same as you and couldn't get most of my clothes over my thighs for the last couple of months. I ended up rotating 2-3 items of clothing until the very end - was so sick of them!

I think a good portion of the weight i put on / lost was fluid. My feet were like spongy bricks and were so uncomfortable. It was the middle of summer so I spent a lot of time with my feet in a bucket of cold water.

I lost most of the fluid in the 3 days after having DS (lots of weeing! sorry TMI), and i was back in my pre preggy jeans within 8 weeks. Was not expecting that at all...!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 11:34am
You need to remember that your hips spread as well denny. Mine are only just about back to normal now, after I had Jack I couldn't get anything to do up around my hips cos the bones had spread.

I gained about 30kg during my pg (I ate poorly and didn't exercise). I lost 15kg with the first few days (baby 3.48kg +placenta + a LOT of fluid - had oedema pretty badly), then lost another 5kg the following 2 weeks. I now have 8.5kg to go to get back down to pre-preggy weight. I'm not b/f so the weight's not dropping off as well as it did when I was.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:00pm
I was around 54kg before pregnant with Jack, I stopped getting on the scales once they hit 70kg (around 35 weeks) and was about 65 after he was born. They weight just fell off and was 57 by 4 months and then got preg again at 8 months.

Probably got up to 75 this time and it was not all baby, mainly ass and hips. After Caprece was born I felt like a whale, when she was about 8 weeks I realised the weight was going nowhere so started exercising daily. The weight came off pretty fast but it wasn't the best for my milk supply. Was back down to 56 by 6 months and am still at that exercising 2-3 times a week and breastfeeding.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:48pm
I always planned to weigh myself when i went into labour; despite 4 days of induction, I forgot! I was 68 to start with, and by month 7 had put on 16kg. I'm guessing I put on about 25kg in total. Daniel was 9lb 4oz. I go more by clothes fitting than kg. One month (exactly) after Daniel was born, I'm a size 14-16 (was 12 before getting pregnant), and it's mostly on butt and thighs, though my boobs are also much bigger than before.
Mum to two wee boys
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 8:47am
i was around 74kg to start (had put on about 5kg after coming off the pill - so much for the supposed opposite effect!), got up to 92kg by 9 days overdue, and the day after coming home was 82kg. baby was 4kg, i'm assuming rest was placenta and fluid, but i didn't have much fluid retention leading up to labour.

am now down to 78kg 2+ weeks later, but a bout of food poisoning may have contributed to that! i'm also finding my hips are much wider, so even when my weight does come off more, i still won't fit my pre-preggie jeans!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:01am
Wow, this thread just goes to show how different everyone is. There's such a huge "normal" range, huh?

I was 71gks at 14 weeks (my first weigh-in). At 39w1d (my last mw appointment) I was 77kg.
I dropped down to 66kgs a week after Hannah was born. (she was 3.3kg + placenta etc).
But I was also VERY active during my pregnancy.
I could only stomach fruit and veges during the first 14 weks or so, and was on my feet, working, for 10 hours a day.

I'm back up to about 70kgs now though, but that's only because I haven't been out walking as much as I should be. Must get onto that.

kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:05am

Edited by kriss

Little Angel, April 10
Jonna269438 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonna269438 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 6:41pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the tummy you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck! <3

Mandy
Debbie268550 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie268550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 8:16pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck bby!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12